Assetto Corsa Competizione December 12th Hungaroring Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Hungaroring.jpg

Not long to go until the next Assetto Corsa Competizione update... time for some preview images!

Hungaroring is the next new piece of track content coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione this December 12th, the tight and twisty Formula One venue joining a Kunos developed racing simulation for the very first time alongside a range of new features and updates.. oh and the Ferrari 488 GT3...

With not long left to go until release day for release 4, it seems like a good a time as any to have a look at some preview images from the new circuit... so, who's excited then?

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Assetto Corsa Competizione Hungaroring 2.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Right. So like it has been said, you must spend hundreds of dollars to get ACC to work right.

Surely not if target is to run 1080p single screen. The problem with sim racing is that many people want to run triple screens + high resolutions or VR with high pixel density, which isn't very realistic even on the best GPU's. Other games than sim racing titles are generally never played on triples, so that automatically reduces performance requirement by half. And then there's the aspect of dynamic time of day, weather, etc., which all consume resources. rF2 has these same features and the same complaints about poor FPS. Not sure if there's a sim on the market that has everything dynamic while still offering great performance.

Hands down, my favourite sim racing developer atm...Really enjoying the game so far and looking forward to this next update. Keep it coming Kunos!

Geez, even AC is still awesome, especially with the modding community bringing new life to it constantly.
@etukeno I don't mind if someone disagrees with me, however, I'm stuck as to why or how could you disagree with the comment I made here? Would you mind giving me a clue as to what exactly you disagreed with? Thanks.

Jesus guys!...let the man finish the title before going 'negative' about what you think it will be.
Did some of you forget that the title is only in your hands while it is being worked on?
All the nonsense about having to spend a small fortune and pricing folks out with low performance is a bit premature...Don't you think?
AC, Rf2 and RRE are just a few titles in recent time, which started less than optimal and improved in smoothness and frame rate over development.
What makes you think this'll be different at this very early...yet to be finished or released stage?

Surely not if target is to run 1080p single screen. The problem with sim racing is that many people want to run triple screens + high resolutions or VR with high pixel density, which isn't very realistic even on the best GPU's. Other games than sim racing titles are generally never played on triples, so that automatically reduces performance requirement by half. And then there's the aspect of dynamic time of day, weather, etc., which all consume resources. rF2 has these same features and the same complaints about poor FPS. Not sure if there's a sim on the market that has everything dynamic while still offering great performance.
I get really good performance and visuals in rF2 in VR and good performance in AC and pC2 also in VR just performance in ACC or R3E is poor due to the way they use CPU R3E only uses a single core and ACC makes Ai use the same physics as the player making the game very CPU dependant when trying to have a full grid race in VR!

Sweet, always enjoy taking a Ferrari for a spin and the Hungaroring has provided me with a bunch of fun racing in Raceroom so this should be good.

The debate about Unreal Engine being a good choice is... Interesting. Considering how well the engine does on console level hardware I don't think the argument that Unreal requires a beast of a computer holds much water.

5 out of the 8 titles officially competed in at EVO 2018 used Unreal Engine 3 or 4 and if there's one genre that obsesses over input lag it's the fighting game one. The engine more than capable in this department.

ACC has a ways to go, but the fact that it uses Unreal Engine does not mean the project is doomed from the start. It's an early access title and Kunos have shown before that they can deliver a 1.0 as promised and then improve upon it further still. It will be interesting to see how much closer they get with this milestone.

AC, Rf2 and RRE are just a few titles in recent time, which started less than optimal and improved in smoothness and frame rate over development.
Not true, AC and R3E already ran great at launch, while the performance in rFactor 2 is still crap. You have to keep in mind that they're running a third party engine now so the potential regarding optimization is even smaller than with their own engine.

Not true, AC and R3E already ran great at launch, while the performance in rFactor 2 is still crap. You have to keep in mind that they're running a third party engine now so the potential regarding optimization is even smaller than with their own engine.
We'll have to agree to disagree.
The forums are 'littered' with story after story of guys who had issues in the early times of both releases.
You can still query and go read those.
While I have never had any issues with AC...I had plenty of issues just even getting RRE to start.
My point is...."This software is not done. It is not close to being done". We have it on an agreement that it is "in work".
Complaining and making outright silly statements about what people believe to be fact without a fully finished and released title, is just silly.
If you get a fully released title and it doesn't run properly...(and nobody is making an attempt to fix it)...then you'd have a basis for complaining.
I think by now, we should all know of Kunos Simulazioni' ability...and pride in doing things to the best of their ability.

Last edited:
ss.

This comment is just totally inaccurate. We have settings available that makes VR perfectly playable. You need to make a little effort, but it is there for all of us to use, except of course if you are not interested to start with, or too lazy, or just here to criticize because you think it makes you look cool, it does not.:p

The game is a wip so there is no harm in waiting till they improve things & i imagine VR is low down the list of priorities.
After the second update & vr implementation I try the game & there are several issues.
1.There is a strange HUD glitch which displays part of the hud in one eye upside down.
2. Sound initially works in the Oculus headset then there is no sound.
3. No mouse support & some of the steering wheel buttons do not seem to work when trying to setup controls.
4. Blurry in VR with some ugly aliasing issues.

These are all present in current version so none of these things were addressed last patch. The game looks pre-alpha even though the ffb & physics seem solid.
Of course i could turn the hud off, manually select the sound source in windows, put up with the other issues....is that usable? Maybe but why bother playing it in this state?
If you managed to resolve those issues i'm all ears.

The game is a wip so there is no harm in waiting till they improve things & i imagine VR is low down the list of priorities.
After the second update & vr implementation I try the game & there are several issues.
1.There is a strange HUD glitch which displays part of the hud in one eye upside down.
2. Sound initially works in the Oculus headset then there is no sound.
3. No mouse support & some of the steering wheel buttons do not seem to work when trying to setup controls.
4. Blurry in VR with some ugly aliasing issues.

These are all present in current version so none of these things were addressed last patch. The game looks pre-alpha even though the ffb & physics seem solid.
Of course i could turn the hud off, manually select the sound source in windows, put up with the other issues....is that usable? Maybe but why bother playing it in this state?
If you managed to resolve those issues i'm all ears.
I do not have any of those issue, if you any interest in driving in ACC in VR, you might want to do a little research

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back