Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Great grid size for tonight guys - if you can please join the Discord voice channel, most of us use it.

Also, a wee heads up, in this car on this track you have a choice to make with gear ratios: the highest final ratio (best acceleration) will top out at around 109mph before the braking zone for T1. In the twisty sections you'll be a bit quicker, just to lose it in a straight line.

The next setting down from that will give you 4 or 5 mph higher before hitting the brakes - I was comfortably able to make up 4 car lengths compared to 100% AI at end of the straight. But, in the rest of the track you'll be fighting off other cars that have a bit more acceleration. Doesn't really matter if you get passed though, you'll sail past them before the finish line.

The choice, is yours!

Hey guys, great racing tonight thanks for coming, I streamed it too if you want to watch it back...

Indeed I did embrace my apexes, on the last lap had some extra love on the insides, I think I have not overdone, the twisty session is kinda difficult to pass and slick (full of sand) and the 'not fixing my position' is actually intentional, I need to make it difficult to you ;p, in this chess, if in the last turn you take the outside you would have it, seems I toke you by surprise when I sticked in the inside in the last turn hehe, great racing, mega fun this event overall.

Last edited:
Indeed I did embrace my apexes, on the last lap had some extra love on the insides, I think I have not overdone, the twisty session is kinda difficult to pass and slick (full of sand) and the 'not fixing my position' is actually intentional, I need to make it difficult to you ;p, in this chess, if in the last turn you take the outside you would have it, seems I toke you by surprise when I sticked in the inside in the last turn hehe, great racing, mega fun this event overall.

I was way quicker though look how much time I made up... on a straight with a faster car behind and draft you have to accept the inevitable... yeah defend on corners but when you move to block on straight sections that getting a bit out of order to be honest. You're very lucky you didn't end both our races.

I was way quicker though look how much time I made up... on a straight with a faster car behind and draft you have to accept the inevitable... yeah defend on corners but when you move to block on straight sections that getting a bit out of order to be honest. You're very lucky you didn't end both our races.
In the last corner I just continued in the inside, was my unique chance, you assumed I would open(and I made you think that), I didn't. If you go outside, I would not cross your path and send you to gravel, but that would make you move about 50% more difficult, which is my intention ;p

In the last corner I just continued in the inside, was my unique chance, you assumed I would open(and I made you think that), I didn't. If you go outside, I would not cross your path and send you to gravel, but that would make you move about 50% more difficult, which is my intention ;p

You knew the only way to hold the position was to block me. Your line into the corner should have created a wide exit. My line was setup to cut inside. If I had gone wide youd had take me out. It should have been a drag to the line and the fastest driver would've got the position fair and square. That's clean racing that we are here for.

Last edited:
I think 1 block (or car position change) between corners is allowed, l did see a few doing a fair bit of weaving to break the draft?

Yep, and thats fair enough in my book, but if another car is approaching much quicker than your speed, you shouldn't deliberately position your car to block the pass. Defending an undefendable situation is the way i see it, especially if the car behind has made up 10 seconds to catch you. For me I'd rather let them go and try and use them to drag me forward, or follow and learn how they are much quicker. I suppose you have to know when you're beaten and accept it. Just my opinion of course.

Yep, and thats fair enough in my book, but if another car is approaching much quicker than your speed, you shouldn't deliberately position your car to block the pass. Defending an undefendable situation is the way i see it, especially if the car behind has made up 10 seconds to catch you. For me I'd rather let them go and try and use them to drag me forward, or follow and learn how they are much quicker. I suppose you have to know when you're beaten and accept it. Just my opinion of course.

First a big thankyou for running these combos Mark and opinions are to be respected, l hadn't watched your stream until after l posted. I've just watched my 1st saved race from your cockpit and yes their were a few blocks between corners which is not fair racing and weaving to kill slip stream. The chap in front wasn't slow so l don't think he should have to yield as it is a race but of course is should be fair. Just my opinion, respect and peace out. What's the next combo? How do you feel about having a fixed default combo? Would have to be a stable car choice, l believe some do exist.

Last edited:
Welcome to the AMS 2 racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from complete rookies to seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then please don't hesitate to ask here or on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server:
Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on Discord and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment Racing Club - EU
Class: GT4
Track: Oulton Park Classic

Tuesday 16/02/21
Practice:
20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying 1: 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race 1: 20:45 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying 2: 21:05 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 21:10 UTC (20 minutes)

GT4 - 30 Slots
  1. acidburn82uk (Mark Riddell) - Ginetta
  2. Andrew Leach - McLaren
  3. Mark E Taylor (Sevenbelow7) - TBC
  4. Des Bain - Ginetta
  5. Steve Le Gallez - TBC
  6. slemke - Camaro
  7. PurgerUK - McLaren
  8. Chalixon
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot

You are free to choose any car you want on the night, but it would be nice to have it listed here so everyone can see how the grid is looking, so either say what car you are going to drive if you already know, or come back and post it later. Cheers.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back