Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Ross I'm wondering if you can get the server up and running, as soon as you can. Need the figure out if there are any environment differences.
Sorry Calv, I wasn't around much over the weekend. I can do the R3E server from my phone, but not the AMS 2 one unfortunately. It's up and running now though.

AMS 2 features a live track, so grip improves as the sessions go on. I'm not sure you'll notice much difference lapping on your own in a practice session though. Also, we're still not entirely sure how this rubbering in is transferred between sessions. While R3E seems to apply a generic grip increase, some have suggested that there is less grip in the second race in AMS 2. This could be because the state of the track is being directly carried over between sessions. (ie, there is more build-up to race one than race two in our events.)

Also guys, I'm toying with the idea of throwing some AI onto the track if we get less than 15 total racers signed up. Thoughts?

y.Thank you for your input Ross it is much appreciated and I hope you enjoyed your weekend.

The only thing I've noticed between environments, the want for a better word. Is a weaker only slightly and could be my imagination is Force Feedback in the time trial. In between test day and time trial. Not tried multiplayer, yet.
The only problem I'm having at the moment is an assigning function to my wheel. Some are just not working. For instance cycle motec LCD despite a button selected on my wheel and assigned in the game, it will not work despite what I use. I have the same sort of behaviour with KERS and DRS.
I'm also having a small issue with the brake bias it works, but it's telling me when I select what's which I want to use it's two different ones. On the same switch, it says Joy pov 0 up bias and joy button 31 down bias. This is nuts.

Rotary switches do not work at all. In a manner that you would expect. As in taking anti-roll bar up and down on the front one switch and another switch for the back cannot get these to work in any shape or form except up one and back again. This is nuts.
And there's no assignment for any button to increase or decrease traction control. As I'm for using multiple settings during a lap, this is bloody terrible for me. The default setting for this is K where it gives you off, low, high what the bloody hell is that meant to mean. Having the going to the menu where it has 0 to 100percent is no indication in what is low and what is high. I suppose you would have to set it in the menu so let's say 25% would be considered Low by the k key and have the high on 60% the K key would?. So you would only have two fixed choices while on the track. Me no like this.

And one other thing that annoys me is the engine on idle when you're setting up the car.
Who's bloody idea was this to have your engine running in the background while you're either trying to have a conversation or work on your bloody car. This is driving me bloody crazy. Who on gods green earth even in real life has their engine is running while setting up their car.
If anybody knows any method of turning this sound off, please say.

Love the idea of the AI. Always wanted to see this for lower grid entries and I've wondered if it would work. For Reasons like,
The Golden Rule. You know if you get taken out by an AI doesn't wait for you, nor does he apologise. :whistling: :roflmao:
I feel surely skill level and aggression would have looked in to further. Some testing for sure. If you think that a little assistance is required, I'll be happy to help and test this situation to find a happy medium. Like I said, great idea on the AI worth investigating it's practical.

Last edited:
Love the idea of the AI. Always wanted to see this for lower grid entries and I've wondered if it would work. For Reasons like,
The Golden Rule. You know if you get taken out by an AI doesn't wait for you, nor does he apologise.
That's actually my main concern with the AI. It's just not very good right now, and will not hesitate to take you out if you manage to get alongside. It'd be nice to have more cars on the grid, but the trade off is that they could ruin people's day by being crap. Their idiocy is unfortunately not affected by the difficulty and aggression settings.

So, Ross, you're telling me if the skill level was high and the aggression was low it would make no difference in the AI behaviour even if the settings were opposite.? I hope I'm wrong about this.

Hi. I would like to join this one. I'm new here, so to join i just need this message?! thanks
That's right, you're now signed up to race in this event. :) Welcome to the club, and please make sure you've read our rules before tomorrow tonight! :thumbsup:

So, Ross, you're telling me if the skill level was high and the aggression was low it would make no difference in the AI behaviour even if the settings were opposite.? I hope I'm wrong about this.
That's right, yeah. AI awareness of human drivers is very poor regardless of settings. They routinely punt you off the racing line on the approach to a corner when there is any overlap, even when you are fully alongside or edging ahead.

Last edited:
Thanks for the race :) I'm sorry about some mistakes, and lack of consistency sometimes. I recently aquired a T300RS, upgraded from a pretty beaten G25 :D stiil getting used to it. But now a real feel the brakes and everything, just love it. I think this game is the better sim i ever played, and with this t300 i'm just loving it. See you soon on track

Yes, i have the t3pa, the gt edition (i think) and the th8a shifter :) Bought this second hand kit, almost new, whith a couple of months and still with warranty. For a good price of course :D The pedal are plastic base, the t3pa pro should be much better, but for now this gets the job done

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.