AMS 2 Interview: Submit Your Questions Here!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS 2 Interview Questions.jpg

Use this thread to submit questions you would like me to put to Reiza Studios Renato Simioni in our upcoming Automobilista 2 interview.

The big news of the week has to be the announcement that Automobilista 2 is heading to our PC's this coming December, and with such a hotly anticipated title as this, and with so little known about it at this stage, we think it only right that we sit down with the man behind the software and have a chat.

In order to ensure we cover as wide of a range of topics as possible, I would like to extend to you all the opportunity to use the comments section of this thread to pitch any questions you would like me to put to Renato when we meet later this weekend.

Please, don't use this as an opportunity to ask "is car x coming to the sim" as firstly, that's a dull question, and secondly I'm sure that plenty of the content questions are unanswerable at this time - either due to licencing issues, or because Reiza want to save some of the announcement goodness for the build up to release in December.

So please, do use this as an opportunity to have your voice heard, and think wisely about the type of things you want to find out about this new project.

Without further ramblings from me, drop your questions in the comments section below!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Hi guys, very happy indeed after the official announcement of Reiza about this second AMS title, So...
These are some of my questions:
1) Will we see a completely new and more realistic damage system than in the first title or will it be a mix between AMS and PCars2 damage?
2) The weather system / time cycle will be very limited or we will be free to configure it to our liking (for example: a sunny day but with the track wet without having to see the rain:D)
3) Will the game support mods like the first AMS from the beginning or a few months after the recent release?
4) Yes, I know, later on they will surely release the entire list but an idea about the minimum requirements to play AMS 2?
5) The estimated price for its launch ?, and the DLC's that will come out later will also be paid or will they be free?

What changes can we espect in the physics engine?

Will there be real online matchmaking?

Does the larger installed base of direct drive wheels change anything about your aproach to force feedback?

Mostly already asked, but just repeating to emphasize it:

- Can you give some insight into the planned offline/single-player mode?
- Any planned improvements regarding the damage models and collisions?
- How can we help this project to arrive as soon as possible?

:)

Last edited:
Kunos just buried their new ACC game, enounced there will be no schedule racing at all (iracing model). Only a list of servers. Even though almost everyone asking for it, in their forum.
Never mind, Automobilista1 is far better in FFB, than AC and ACC together. So, I hope A2 will be the same.

But here is the question: Will Automobilista 2 have schedule racing on official servers ? Any upgradable pilot licence ?

1 - Will an I5 processor with dedicated graphics card run the game or will a NASA PC be needed?

2 - Is there forecast for cars and oval circuit races?

I wish the project great success, thank you!

Had Reiza said which physics engine this will be using, I would know which details to ask about.

IF they're using SMS's physics engine too (but tweak it to be more realistic), then the game would still have that not direct enough pcars2-FFB with the rounded spikes and the artificially added sidewall flex leaning that I could feel very well on my old Thrustmaster TX (and somewhat liked even, at least compared to pcars1) but not on my CSW v2.5, where the FFB is completely driveable, but just feels a little disgusting.

Without an rFactor based physics engine, I would absolutely need a free demo to convince me to buy this.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back