AMS 2 Announced - MADNESS Engine Confirmed!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The announcement is here! Read on for some very big news regarding the next racing game project from Reiza Studios.

Having earned considerable good will from the sim racing community thanks to their outstanding work on GSCE and Automobilista, Reiza Studios confirmed they planned on developing and releasing a new racing title in the very near future. For various reasons that "very near future" turned into a couple of years or so, and the original working title of 'Reiza '17' quickly became obsolete.

Well folks, wait no more - the announcement is here!

Let’s be honest, we expected this to be good... and good it is. Firstly, let’s talk about the surprise aspect of the announcement today – the game engine.

Most folks would be willing to throw down money on Reiza taking hold of the rFactor 2 ISI gMotor2 and bolting on an external graphics engine… but Reiza have surprised us all with an announcement we didn’t expect – AMS 2 will be using the Slightly Mad Studios developed Madness engine!

So what does that mean? Well it means day-to-night transitions. It means dynamic weather and it means VR! Yes, all those things that sim racers ask for, wrapped up in an impressive graphics engine that gives good framerates. Oh, and with the Reiza magic touch regarding physics and force feedback thrown into the mix. Awesome.

So, what else do we know? Well looking at the new trailer, we see the now legendary StockCar Series and Interlargos circuit, giving us a couple of exceptional pieces of content, and leading me to believe that AMS 2 will once again have a focus on the Brazilian racing scene at its core – which is excellent news in my opinion.

Other highlights from trailer has to be the incredible 1991 Ayrton Senna McLaren Honda! The Brazilian legend, a legendary Brazilian development studio - how awesome is that!

All in, this announcement sounds like fantastic news from Reiza, and well, well worth the wait!

AMS 2 Announcement McLaren Honda.jpg

The Reiza announcement in full:

Automobilista 2 is the culmination of a project developed over the course of nearly a decade. At its core, it is a comprehensive simulation of the Brazilian motorsports scene, featuring all major Brazilian racing series, race tracks and manufacturers.

Automobilista 2 will also celebrate Brazilian motorsports heritage by featuring some of the country´s most iconic heroes and achievements through its rich history in the sport.

Packing an even larger roster of diverse cars and tracks than its predecessor, Automobilista 2 will venture further into the best of international motorsports, including prestigious brands such as McLaren and BMW along with iconic venues such as Brands Hatch and Imola, at the same time continuing to explore the more exotic and exciting forms of motorsports from around the world.

Boosted by a new technical partnership with the developers of the award-winning Project CARS series, Automobilista 2 is built on the MADNESS engine, providing incredible graphical quality, the most advanced dynamic weather and track condition systems in a racing simulator and superior VR support, to deliver a substantial realism upgrade and a fully immersive visual experience.

With Automobilista 2 we aim to combine the strengths that made its predecessor unique with major evolutions in all areas. The sim will offer some exclusive features for both single player and multiplayer, which we look forward to sharing over the remaining months of development!

AMS 2 is set to release December 2019.

For the latest news and discussion items in relation to the newly announced new racing simulation from Reiza Studios, head over to our brand new AMS 2 sub forum, and never miss a thing again!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:

Dan Marr

Dan Marr - danfilm007 on Steam
And in case nobody else sees my comment on the other thread, I have spotted:

Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 (around 41secs in)
what looks like a Ginetta G55 GT3 (same still)
I can hear a Mercedes AMG GT3 around 42secs in

So perhaps some shared resources further than "just" an engine? AMS FF and physics in a PCars engine is pretty exciting!

And in case nobody else sees my comment on the other thread, I have spotted:

Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 (around 41secs in)
what looks like a Ginetta G55 GT3 (same still)
I can hear a Mercedes AMG GT3 around 42secs in

So perhaps some shared resources further than "just" an engine? AMS FF and physics in a PCars engine is pretty exciting!

I'm more exited about the BMW M1 Procar and the McLaren-Honda Formula car. It is interesting, the Madness engine is great and with Reiza's talent they can make it works easily.

I'm really amazed by that choice. I think it is a good move for REIZA. The graphic engine is good, LiveTrack is good, REIZA is good (physics) ... so all good :thumbsup:.
Will be a very nice Christmas gift for myself :geek:

So, how long until people start saying it's going to be crap just because it's using the same engine as Project CARS 2, which is a game pretty much everyone in the community just loves to hate?

Project Cars 2 is not that far away, there are things it does really well physics wise such as mid corner tyre flex - then Reiza gets to play with it.

In VR it's pretty much in a league of one in terms of immersion, and the net code is rock solid meaning we'll be getting a genuine Reiza multiplayer contender.

I could not be more excited.

For a small studio hats off to them, they've hit it out of the park with this announcement.

Waiting for all the physics, FFB and other details not graphics-related. Reiza will need to polish Madness to the same extreme extent they did rF to match what we already have in AMS. AMS 2 (PCars 2.5) could be awesome with the right attention to detail and consistency (that PCars 1 and 2 sorely lack). A logical next step after rFactor 1.9 (AMS).

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 104 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 146 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 89 16.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 47 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 53 9.6%
  • €3001-5000