AMS 2 Interview: Submit Your Questions Here!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS 2 Interview Questions.jpg

Use this thread to submit questions you would like me to put to Reiza Studios Renato Simioni in our upcoming Automobilista 2 interview.

The big news of the week has to be the announcement that Automobilista 2 is heading to our PC's this coming December, and with such a hotly anticipated title as this, and with so little known about it at this stage, we think it only right that we sit down with the man behind the software and have a chat.

In order to ensure we cover as wide of a range of topics as possible, I would like to extend to you all the opportunity to use the comments section of this thread to pitch any questions you would like me to put to Renato when we meet later this weekend.

Please, don't use this as an opportunity to ask "is car x coming to the sim" as firstly, that's a dull question, and secondly I'm sure that plenty of the content questions are unanswerable at this time - either due to licencing issues, or because Reiza want to save some of the announcement goodness for the build up to release in December.

So please, do use this as an opportunity to have your voice heard, and think wisely about the type of things you want to find out about this new project.

Without further ramblings from me, drop your questions in the comments section below!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

It will preserve the Automobilista 1 physics, or it would have a more arcade-ish ones?
Are you implying that if it's not a "cut & paste" of AMS1, it must then be arcade-ish? How about a further developed and improved beyond ISI/RF/AMS1 physics engine (not to mention there are other non RF/AMS physics engines that are not arcade-ish)?

The following is from Reiza and may help with your question:
"I’ll say one thing that pretty much applies equally to AI, physics, audio which I think most agree were some of the strongest points of AMS1... Nothing can be ported over like a copy&paste flick of a switch - some fronts will demand a lot of work, others less. At the same time we would not have made the move if it meant starting any of those fronts from scratch. Most things are in good shape already and it will only get better."

Which cars and tracks will be included in AMS 2?
The following is directly from Reiza's first post:
"Please, don't use this as an opportunity to ask "is car x coming to the sim" as firstly, that's a dull question, and secondly I'm sure that plenty of the content questions are unanswerable at this time - either due to licensing issues, or because Reiza want to save some of the announcement goodness for the build up to release in December."

Will there be any focus on an entertaining multiplayer system ? Ranking, matchmaking etc...

Are you allowed to tweak or improve the graphics engine ?

Is the physics engine based on the previous AMS or it will be a modified version of project cars one ? and if it's the later, is the base good enough for a superior experience compared to the first AMS ?

Can you provide more varied no brazilian content, even if it's brandless or fantasy cars/track like previous AMS ?

Is the UI optimized for pc or consoles ?

Were you bought by SMS without us knowing ?

i am please they are doing it very well i am an old before steam,and i can not tell you how i am please they can do their stuff

my question is,apart of the modding one, is ?
are you free to do your own stuff, in and around the engine?

,i hope so...
if so i'll follow you to hell race,if not i'll deal with it,at least we will have something precious

Sort of an extension to the endurance questions already asked:

AMS has 34 car grids as standard (albeit, could be easily modified to larger grids on some tracks if your system could cope)
PCARS 2 I believe has 32 car grids max (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I don't own it)

Will large grids of 40+ or even 50+ cars be possible in AMS2?

Thanks, and good luck Reiza!

Windows 7? Why would you want a small dev team wasting precious time and resources to support an OS that is officially dead and unsupported in ~6 month (Jan 14, 2020). Time to arrive to the modern times...
Windows 7 still has 25% market share out of all machines that run steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
It is not a good thing to lock away 25% of your possible userbase. Only reason to make it windows 10 exclusive is dx12. Plus pcars does not need win10 to run anyway so reiza doesn't really need to waste any precious time on it either.

e: what on earth are you disagreeing about? :D

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back