AMS 2 Interview: Submit Your Questions Here!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS 2 Interview Questions.jpg

Use this thread to submit questions you would like me to put to Reiza Studios Renato Simioni in our upcoming Automobilista 2 interview.

The big news of the week has to be the announcement that Automobilista 2 is heading to our PC's this coming December, and with such a hotly anticipated title as this, and with so little known about it at this stage, we think it only right that we sit down with the man behind the software and have a chat.

In order to ensure we cover as wide of a range of topics as possible, I would like to extend to you all the opportunity to use the comments section of this thread to pitch any questions you would like me to put to Renato when we meet later this weekend.

Please, don't use this as an opportunity to ask "is car x coming to the sim" as firstly, that's a dull question, and secondly I'm sure that plenty of the content questions are unanswerable at this time - either due to licencing issues, or because Reiza want to save some of the announcement goodness for the build up to release in December.

So please, do use this as an opportunity to have your voice heard, and think wisely about the type of things you want to find out about this new project.

Without further ramblings from me, drop your questions in the comments section below!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

The physics and FFB in AMS are second to none and in Pcars 2 it's not good at all. So how this will work? Can they bring some of the existing code to the new engine?

Not to underestimate Reiza’s AI, with a good mix of aggression and quality (separately set).
Slightly Mad always has mixed AI, sometimes fun enough, sometimes reallly retarded (depending on track and car selection).

Can we have more athmosphere on the track?
Can we have pit out lap to the starting grid? Can we start from pitlane?
Can we have tow trucks in FCY and marshalls waving flags arround the tracks?
Can we have red flags because of crashs, with race interruption or premature end of race?
Can we have change in strategy arranged by the chief ingenieur because of changes in weather or strategy changes of other teams?

Will this be a milking game ,

if you preorder you will get 24hr cycle
buy weather pass
rain dlc
thunderstorm dlc
interlagos pitlane dlc
wheel dlc for mclaren
buy the AMS 2 standard edition
buy the AMS 2 deluxe edition
ultra mega bundle grass for all tracks
If that would be the case then Reiza would become a completely different company. I have never seen any company releasing updates and new content for free that much when you originally bought the game, membership or season pass, than Reiza. In my opinion they have been very customer focussed and not ‘money grabbing’ focussed. If Reiza continues like that with this title, they will have a very loyal customer in me.

View attachment 307456
Use this thread to submit questions you would like me to put to Reiza Studios Renato Simioni in our upcoming Automobilista 2 interview.

The big news of the week has to be the announcement that Automobilista 2 is heading to our PC's this coming December, and with such a hotly anticipated title as this, and with so little known about it at this stage, we think it only right that we sit down with the man behind the software and have a chat.

In order to ensure we cover as wide of a range of topics as possible, I would like to extend to you all the opportunity to use the comments section of this thread to pitch any questions you would like me to put to Renato when we meet later this weekend.

Please, don't use this as an opportunity to ask "is car x coming to the sim" as firstly, that's a dull question, and secondly I'm sure that plenty of the content questions are unanswerable at this time - either due to licencing issues, or because Reiza want to save some of the announcement goodness for the build up to release in December.

So please, do use this as an opportunity to have your voice heard, and think wisely about the type of things you want to find out about this new project.

Without further ramblings from me, drop your questions in the comments section below!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Since it's sharing the same engine, will it suffer the same as Project cars 2 on temporarily freezing the game play each time a cone, or any object is touched the first few laps? (might be too early to answer such question, but wanted to put it out there for people who have 3 sounds cards powering buttkickers).

And modding ?
Cars and tracks list ?
Custom championship feature ?
AI, car system damage and pit stop stategy ?
Windows 7 and 10 compatibility ?
Ferrari and Porsche ?!?!
Windows 7? Why would you want a small dev team wasting precious time and resources to support an OS that is officially dead and unsupported in ~6 month (Jan 14, 2020). Time to arrive to the modern times...

since you are using Madness engine, is Reiza forced to have the same FFB as PC2 or will be able to retain it's amazing ffb/physics feel from AMS 1? Hopefully, the madness engine is just for the rendering portion of the game...

Hey Paul, nice you got the exclusive on Reiza :)

1. Your crowd funding was successful, did this fund the completion of AMS or was it directed to the new project
2. Reiza had set a goal of 2017 ?, for AMS 2 at which point in time did you relies it was out of reach
3. The Unreal engine was the potential engine for AMS 2 , what was the factor the lead Reiza to use the Madness engine, financial or workflow.
4. How long have Reiza been working on AMS 2 with the Madness engine.
5. Have SMS any involvement in the AMS 2 or is this totally independent of them.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 362 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 503 39.0%