AMS 2 Interview: Submit Your Questions Here!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS 2 Interview Questions.jpg

Use this thread to submit questions you would like me to put to Reiza Studios Renato Simioni in our upcoming Automobilista 2 interview.

The big news of the week has to be the announcement that Automobilista 2 is heading to our PC's this coming December, and with such a hotly anticipated title as this, and with so little known about it at this stage, we think it only right that we sit down with the man behind the software and have a chat.

In order to ensure we cover as wide of a range of topics as possible, I would like to extend to you all the opportunity to use the comments section of this thread to pitch any questions you would like me to put to Renato when we meet later this weekend.

Please, don't use this as an opportunity to ask "is car x coming to the sim" as firstly, that's a dull question, and secondly I'm sure that plenty of the content questions are unanswerable at this time - either due to licencing issues, or because Reiza want to save some of the announcement goodness for the build up to release in December.

So please, do use this as an opportunity to have your voice heard, and think wisely about the type of things you want to find out about this new project.

Without further ramblings from me, drop your questions in the comments section below!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Will there be a FFB meter?

Given that FFB is the defining characteristic of a good racing sim (because it translates the underlying physics), what will Automobilista do to help a player calibrate their wheel correctly?

AMS1 is a wonderful introduction to Brazilian motorsport - does Reiza intend to expand its content to the rest of South America and regions outside Europe and the USA?

Do you have to redesign the AI from scratch or will you be able to adopt some of your AI's characteristics from AMS1?

Will the driving UI be scalable and movable (like in Assetto Corsa), with the option to save different UI profiles for different scenarios?

Do you intend to keep AMS1's UI philosophy of "as few mouse clicks as possible"? (Please do.)

Will Automobilista2 allow a user to install the Crew Chief app? If not, can you hire @mr_belowski to code something similar for you? :)

When can we buy a Reiza thong? :D

Last edited:
Firstly, I must say, I’m really happy with the selection. Madness engine seems to be the best out there in performance vs graphics vs features so well done on that.
My main question is, was some of the thought around the engine based also around the possibility of opening AMS2 also to the console market? Could we see AMS2 on PS4 later down the line, as this may be a massive revenue stream for you guys and a massive new audience.
(I’m a pc guy, but know a lot of sim racers start on consoles until they then buy into pc gaming)
Secondly is there a way to get involved with early access? Id happily back another crowd fund campaign to get involved!

1. Your license agreement for the Madness engine, does it include source code?
2. Do you have developers available, with the correct knowledge, that are capable of making significant changes to the engine?
3. The pack you made for rF2, was that part of an evaluation of potential engines for use in AMS 2? Is there any chance of future collaborations with S397?
4. "the most advanced dynamic weather and track condition systems in a racing simulator" Do you have any data to back up those claims?

This is potentially MASSIVE news and it's out this December too!

1. Given that they had complete licence to do as they pleased with the rF1 engine, to what extent do Reiza have control over the inner workings of the Madness Engine?
2. FFB with a DD wheel was unsurpassed on AMS imo but never felt right (ever) across all the different vehicles in PC2. Will this be addressed in AMS2?
3. Will they be using the same overly vague FFB method of adjustment that was in PC2 or will Reiza be using something more user friendly.
4. DX12? Ray Tracing?
5. Early access?
6. Season Pass for DLC

Last edited:
Will the Indiegogo backers get this game? How will the arrangement be honored? My account on the Reiza forums got banned a couple years ago because I asked when the AMS sequel would be released and a moderator didn't like my question, so it seems I now have no way of redeeming the game I paid for on Indiegogo.

• Are there anything similar between Madness and rF2 engines, does madness engine share anything in common with rF2 engine ? Does madness engine has any origination from isi engine ?
  • Is commercial success more important than ideological success of having greatest possible simulation ? Cam greatest possible commercial success and ideological/scientific simulation success combine ?
  • If in some case majority of users underestimate and/or misjudge realism is it a reason to give them what they want ?
  • Reiza has always been considered as relative to ISI and S397. Will it change now and it is going to be replaced by Slightly Mad Studios ? Or relationships with S397 will remain ?
  • Project cars does not hold the best reputation among simracers community and also is know as simcade. Is it a sign that Reiza will look for wider audiences than only hardcore simracers ?
  • Can't wait and see and try how Reiza can utilize this engine. But how much of it will need to be reworked ? How much of fundamental Reiza physics will fit ? December is almost there, so I assume either not much, or it fits easily.
  • A following question is: when you started working on Madness engine ?
  • Why 3D grass is so overrated ? Also overgrown ? :D
  • Incredible to see love for rain. Any possibilities to get tarmac effects working that makes for switching fastest lines when wet ?
  • What are the plans for online racing ?
  • What are the plans with AI ?
  • Is console in the vision ?

Will it have mod support?
Will it have all the cars from AMS (Example Formula Ultimate, Formula V10)?
If not all the cars, which cars are being left behind?
Will it include new tracks such as Silverstone, Spa, Monza etc?

View attachment 307456
Use this thread to submit questions you would like me to put to Reiza Studios Renato Simioni in our upcoming Automobilista 2 interview.

The big news of the week has to be the announcement that Automobilista 2 is heading to our PC's this coming December, and with such a hotly anticipated title as this, and with so little known about it at this stage, we think it only right that we sit down with the man behind the software and have a chat.

In order to ensure we cover as wide of a range of topics as possible, I would like to extend to you all the opportunity to use the comments section of this thread to pitch any questions you would like me to put to Renato when we meet later this weekend.

Please, don't use this as an opportunity to ask "is car x coming to the sim" as firstly, that's a dull question, and secondly I'm sure that plenty of the content questions are unanswerable at this time - either due to licencing issues, or because Reiza want to save some of the announcement goodness for the build up to release in December.

So please, do use this as an opportunity to have your voice heard, and think wisely about the type of things you want to find out about this new project.

Without further ramblings from me, drop your questions in the comments section below!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I love AMS except for the AI quality for modded content so my question is:

Will they work on/improve AI quality for all content, official and mods?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%