AMS 2 Interview: Submit Your Questions Here!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS 2 Interview Questions.jpg

Use this thread to submit questions you would like me to put to Reiza Studios Renato Simioni in our upcoming Automobilista 2 interview.

The big news of the week has to be the announcement that Automobilista 2 is heading to our PC's this coming December, and with such a hotly anticipated title as this, and with so little known about it at this stage, we think it only right that we sit down with the man behind the software and have a chat.

In order to ensure we cover as wide of a range of topics as possible, I would like to extend to you all the opportunity to use the comments section of this thread to pitch any questions you would like me to put to Renato when we meet later this weekend.

Please, don't use this as an opportunity to ask "is car x coming to the sim" as firstly, that's a dull question, and secondly I'm sure that plenty of the content questions are unanswerable at this time - either due to licencing issues, or because Reiza want to save some of the announcement goodness for the build up to release in December.

So please, do use this as an opportunity to have your voice heard, and think wisely about the type of things you want to find out about this new project.

Without further ramblings from me, drop your questions in the comments section below!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

The physics is the big question. If it was rFactor 2 engine then there would be no doubt if it was good or not.
I once got convinced that Project Cars 2 have decent physics and went on to buy the game... It was a total nightmare.
I will stick to rF2 only for quite a while now.

@Paul Jeffrey will you be doing an interview-style through skype just like you did with Marco and Stefano after ACC was announced? :geek:

As you can imagine, Renato and Co are rock solid busy at the moment so due to time constraints (plus I'm flying out to Paul Ricard shortly for the next SRO E-Sport GT Series event), we are doing this as written interview. I'm writing it at the moment, and will send it through to Renato tonight (or should that be this morning? Will probably be past 2am by the time I'm done!!!).

Regards questions, I've included as many as possible from this thread, up to this post - so I've got about 5 pages to send.. don't expect a reply within 24 hours folks!

:D

I'm not nearly as hard core as a lot of sim racer's , but I backed Reiza from day 1 when AMS was in beta.

For right now , I just have two question's :
1.) Will they allow Modder's to contribute? As this is huge for me and basically a " make or break " deal.

2.) Will they be able to implement their own FFB ? As PC2 was the worst ever created!

Windows 7 still has 25% market share out of all machines that run steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
It is not a good thing to lock away 25% of your possible userbase. Only reason to make it windows 10 exclusive is dx12. Plus pcars does not need win10 to run anyway so reiza doesn't really need to waste any precious time on it either.

e: what on earth are you disagreeing about? :D

I don't get it either, I have a dual boot win10 / win 7 system, the win 7 partition is for gaming because everything runs better on it! WIn 10 is just there for safer browsing/ shopping etc. on my computer.

Will there be modding? Madness engine only supports cars modding at this stage and most of it are fairly basic as far as I know. Will AMS 2 supports modding like AMS 1 or it will be limited like Pcars 2?

What about the upgrades from Pcars 2 engine? The fundamentals of Pcars 2 is quite advanced but most of it are flawed or lack of polish, how will Reiza going to upgrade the engine for AMS 2.

I wonder who approached who ? i.e was SMS struggling with project cars pro/3 physics and enticed Rieza with use of their madness engine or did Rieza approach SMS either way i think its a good thing as in VR RF2 is dismal in performance 1080ti and CV1 low settings also graphics /features&interface for madness all way ahead of Gmotor2/RF2 that just leaves biggest question of all can reiza implement their tried and tested physics into madness engine/LT3.0 or do they have to perform black magic if physics are heavily tied into madness engine/LT3.0? either way rieza worked wonders with old gmotor so maybe they will help SMS moving forward ? win win (hype train)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back