Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Release 4 - Ferrari .jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione will reach the fourth release milestone tomorrow, adding the Hungaroring circuit and the wonderful Ferrari 488 GT3...

Most sim racers probably know all about the development scheduled for Assetto Corsa Competizione by now, and many of those same people are probably more than a little keen for tomorrow to hurry up and arrive, as Wednesday 12th December 2018 marks the day that release four of this exciting new simulation is scheduled to deploy to Early Access adopters of ACC.

With anticipation and excitement building up rather nicely, Kunos have dropped another new teaser image or two of the feature piece of new content coming to the sim - the wonderful Ferrari 488 GT3...

Only a matter of hours to go now folks, and we will be able to try the car and track for ourselves (ok my rig is at the shop, so I'll have to wait a bit - but don't let that worry you.. go on and enjoy it!)..

ACC Release 4 - Ferrari 3.jpg
ACC Release 4 - Ferrari 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 3 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Wonder Kunos will make a refund at definite launch when the graphics are so poor at 1080p They never mentioned that on early acces and there is no comment by devs of this problem. I am a first day early accessor, because I had a lot of confidence in this product. That confidence is totally gone and raceroom and automobilista have better graphics at the moment. I will try to refund my investments and will wait for the final product. When that is ok I maybe consider to buy ACC for the normal price, but I am not sure. No Trackir bad graphics I am very disappointed.

Funny how people talk about a race game that needs 60 or better 120 fps. Those people must have very special eyes or crash a lot. It's not a first person shooter where you have to rotate within a sec. Race game just needs to run smooth and can be smooth at 30fps as well.

I'm running a terrible old PC with currently a Xeon 5675 CPU overclocked to 4.6Ghz together with a 1070 and have no problem at all. I enabled nVidia's DSR so I play most games in 4k downsized to 1080p. Less AA needed and more crisp image. So funny how todays people just repeat words they once read without having hands on experience or knowledge to get the most out of their system.

Bull:poop:, or why i get about 80 fps in 4k (3840 x 2160 pixel) with everything on high to epic? And i wasn't talking about 90 fps. My RTX 2080 can't deliver 60 fps in ACC VR and the quality is the worst of all sims available.

VR is more CPU heavy than running a single screen in 4K because the picture essentially has to be rendered twice in VR. Most likely you are CPU and not GPU limited.

There are probably some performance issues that can be improved with ACC, but I wonder what sim with dynamic shadows and rain is running well in VR? rF2 certainly isn't, at least by judging the number of complaints in the rF2 sub forum. It seems to me we don't have a sim with dynamic time of day and weather that runs maxed out in VR on current hardware.

Wonder Kunos will make a refund at definite launch when the graphics are so poor at 1080p They never mentioned that on early acces and there is no comment by devs of this problem. I am a first day early accessor, because I had a lot of confidence in this product. That confidence is totally gone and raceroom and automobilista have better graphics at the moment. I will try to refund my investments and will wait for the final product. When that is ok I maybe consider to buy ACC for the normal price, but I am not sure. No Trackir bad graphics I am very disappointed.
Bad grapics?????? My Gosh....

I wouldn't say "fooling people" is about that, but the fact that it's 4K screenshot. Versus the actual resolution most people can play on.
Screenshots look better than the actual game play in any game and in any resolution.
ACC btw does have the colors dark at any time of the day giving that "long shadow" feeling in the whole cycle. NASCAR Heat did the same thing I think, pretty stupid if you ask me.

Guys, i wan't to get this SIM, i run triples 1080's with a 980ti, have decent FPS with graphics all the (almost maxed out in rF2) and in AC they are maxed out and capped at 75 constant even with a full grid.
By what i have been reading in the comments about the game being poorly optimized, is it worth to get it now? or wait till its fully released with a better otimization?

VR is more CPU heavy than running a single screen in 4K because the picture essentially has to be rendered twice in VR. Most likely you are CPU and not GPU limited.

There are probably some performance issues that can be improved with ACC, but I wonder what sim with dynamic shadows and rain is running well in VR? rF2 certainly isn't, at least by judging the number of complaints in the rF2 sub forum. It seems to me we don't have a sim with dynamic time of day and weather that runs maxed out in VR on current hardware.
You should first read my initial post and a 7700k should run well enough. 150% SS is minimum or ACC looks blurry like no other title in VR and it's still a blurry mess with that plus all the other bugs. With AI and rain it's 30 fps, not 45 and can't see any improvement between a GTX 1080 and RTX 2080 either. 90 fps in VR seems impossible with whatever graphics or weather-settings are used. But at least no crazy lag like in 4k.

And 45 fps running rain plus AI would be acceptable like it is in rF2 and pCars 2. Without rain it's usually 60-90 fps and and looks better in all of them. And when you don't have any clue about VR, better :speechless:

Yeah like I will in around 2 years I forecast
Umm , my PC already can't keep up ! I got my 1080Ti in June 2017 and would get a 2080Ti today if i could justify the 70% price increase for 30% performance gains ! I will wait until next big Ti or AMD equivalent and reassess ;)

I wonder what sim with dynamic shadows and rain is running well in VR? rF2 certainly isn't
rF2 and pC2 both run really well in VR ! I do get 90fps completely solid but have made some small graphical sacrifices . I have videos on my YT channel showing settings and fps if anyone wants to see settings used ;) There is also a ACC video from before the second release swapping between 4k and 1080p and visible vehicles to see CPU bottleneck .
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEvDroVaWLd8ivtVsxnpQPQ?view_as=subscriber

Update is live on steam
patch notes
The latest Assetto Corsa Competizione update brings in the prancing horse
The Ferrari 488 GT3 is introduced into the ACC Early Access program, along with the Hungaroring circuit.

The fourth Early Access update of Assetto Corsa Competizione, which is going to be released today, includes the highly awaited Ferrari 488 GT3, one of the protagonists of the whole Blancpain GT Series championship. The famous Ferrari racing car joins the other GT3 models of BMW M6, Bentley Continental and Lamborghini Huracàn. The Hungaroring circuit is also introduced in the update, for the first time in its history brought to the general public using the Laserscan® technology - usually offered by professional driving simulators.

Gameplay additions
The new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione is not limited to new content, but offers specific gameplay additions to enhance the level of realism, such as the custom, Sprint and Endurance races, now available also for the multiplayer, allowing players to challenge each other in a full racing weekend, with free practice and qualifications.

The custom racing weekend includes a standard racing scenario for those willing to compete using classic settings: free practice, qualification, race.
The Endurance and Sprint modes realistically recreate the Blancpain GT Series ruling, defining the qualification and racing slots for each driver involved in the race.

Broadcasting Mode
Build 0.4 of Assetto Corsa Competizione introduces a first version of the Broadcasting Mode SDK - to the delight of the modding fans which made the original Assetto Corsa even more popular. A new application in the installation folder of the game will allow Steam users to share in streaming and comment the multiplayer races of Assetto Corsa Competizione. Thanks to this new Open Source app, users gain access to a real control room (with camera-swap commands, interactive cams and additional options for editors and commentators) - which will progressively expand thanks to the most talented modders.

v0.4.0 Changelog
- New Ferrari 488 GT3
- New Hungaroring circuit
- Preview: Race weekends in Multiplayer
- Added version 1 of the Broadcasting SDK (including test/example application)
- Fixed look around in chase camera
- Added Lock to Horizon option for Cockpit cameras (Alt+H to toggle, Shift+H and Ctrl+H to increment/decrement partial effect)
- Added Confirm popup for NextSession, Restart, Pits and Quit button in ingame menu
- Mirror options are now split in two: "Quality" and "View distance"
- Added Fuel indicator in car HUD
- Added Laps information for Hotstint online leaderboards on "Special events" page
- Corrected brake heat influence on core tyre temps
- Adjustments in cars inertia
- Adjustments in tyre model and tyre flex, should result in better kerb behaviour
- Added TC2 (TC initial cut) feature of F488. Physics, Controls, Setup
- Fixed Tyres IMO (Inside Mid Outside) HUD visualisation
- Fixed Ferrari 488 AI stopping without fuel in long races
- Fixed wrong car systems during replay
- Added lap tag in the replay HUD
- Fixed cumulative automatic highlights endtime
- Instant replay support for Broadcast app
- Fixed focused car when entering or leaving replay
- Fixed wrong time session start after a restart/next session
- Fixed potential exterior camera issues for multiplayer
- Fixed potential wrong near plane during starting sequence
- Fixed proximity indicator according to the focused car
- Added new skins for featured cars
- Car dash luminosity readjusted for new exposure values
- New Total (TO) rating representing strength and completeness (visible in the Rating Profile)
- New driver category (visible in the Rating Profile)
- CarControl Rating adjustments: alien performance now will still have overdrive, but less significant
- CarControl Rating adjustments: very good driving performance will show values of CC 95+
- TR/CN/CC: Fixed false-positive detection of "way too hard" for bends and kinks
- Hotstint now shows laps in the menu leaderboard
- Hotstint gaps now correctly display lap gaps / time gap within the same lap
- Added backend connection state indicator to relevant menu pages
- Added HUD page for broadcasting
- Added HUD page with the current timetables
- Holding TAB will temporarily show the timetables HUD page
- Prevent Ambient sound to play during in game menu
- Improved camera fading when switching cameras

Guys, i wan't to get this SIM, i run triples 1080's with a 980ti, have decent FPS with graphics all the (almost maxed out in rF2) and in AC they are maxed out and capped at 75 constant even with a full grid.
By what i have been reading in the comments about the game being poorly optimized, is it worth to get it now? or wait till its fully released with a better otimization?

Get it now and support a dev team that is making Sims for us ! If we dont support them now in a few years no one will bother making racing Sims and we will all be screwed into playing Forza's and F1 by Codemasters games .
I own all Sims but only play 2 ,rF2 and AC and will continue to buy them until the ultimate sim arrives and then i will still buy more :)

• Deleted member 241736

Funny how people talk about a race game that needs 60 or better 120 fps. Those people must have very special eyes or crash a lot. It's not a first person shooter where you have to rotate within a sec. Race game just needs to run smooth and can be smooth at 30fps as well.

I'm running a terrible old PC with currently a Xeon 5675 CPU overclocked to 4.6Ghz together with a 1070 and have no problem at all. I enabled nVidia's DSR so I play most games in 4k downsized to 1080p. Less AA needed and more crisp image. So funny how todays people just repeat words they once read without having hands on experience or knowledge to get the most out of their system.
30 fps s a joke to drive any sim. You have to gain at least 60 fps, so a input lag doesn‘t bothered your driving experience.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back