ACC Release 4 Tomorrow - Ferrari Preview Image Reveal!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Release 4 - Ferrari .jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione will reach the fourth release milestone tomorrow, adding the Hungaroring circuit and the wonderful Ferrari 488 GT3...

Most sim racers probably know all about the development scheduled for Assetto Corsa Competizione by now, and many of those same people are probably more than a little keen for tomorrow to hurry up and arrive, as Wednesday 12th December 2018 marks the day that release four of this exciting new simulation is scheduled to deploy to Early Access adopters of ACC.

With anticipation and excitement building up rather nicely, Kunos have dropped another new teaser image or two of the feature piece of new content coming to the sim - the wonderful Ferrari 488 GT3...

Only a matter of hours to go now folks, and we will be able to try the car and track for ourselves (ok my rig is at the shop, so I'll have to wait a bit - but don't let that worry you.. go on and enjoy it!)..

ACC Release 4 - Ferrari 3.jpg
ACC Release 4 - Ferrari 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 3 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Excited to see how the Ferrari feels, considering it's often used by Am teams due to the fact it is an easier car to drive, however it doesn't seem to be too fast when compared to the Audi and Mercedes (With the SRO BoP that's used anyway).

Brownninja97

Premium
screen shots with low sun... preferred way for devs to promote their stuff, very annoying honestly, and it can fool a lot of people apparently
Yeah but thats just expected from the marketing crew and screenshots in general look better then the actual game, its much easier to apply insane post processing when the image is still especially with nvidia ansel.

Last edited:

Mr Latte

Premium
This game with RTX ON should look rather remarkable and assuming it will have good or decent HDR options. Something I dont think has even been confirmed?

Stuff the 4K / 2019 Will Bring
49" Curved 32:9 with the new 5120x1440 @ 120Hz

However like 4K it still will need a very powerful PC though to make the most of it

From what I've seen, GamerMuscles shows a good vid about it, and does make sense, the only thing with this is as he states most don't have the correct specs for ACC.

Dear Kunos,

Sorry for being poor. I should know by now that in our Capitalist society it is MY fault i can't afford the 'proper' equipment to run your game how you want it.
I will seek a 3rd job and feed my children every second day in order to afford the pixels required for your game not to look like a Channel 5 soft focus scud flick.

Yours humbly

Pleb

This game with RTX ON should look rather remarkable and assuming it will have good or decent HDR options. Something I dont think has even been confirmed?

Stuff the 4K / 2019 Will Bring
49" Curved 32:9 with the new 5120x1440 @ 120Hz

However like 4K it still will need a very powerful PC though to make the most of it
RTX-ON with 4K would make you watch a slideshow on any GPU and the generation that comes after it. Simracers need at least 60, preferably 120 FPS for smooth gameplay.
No way a RTX2080ti can cope with that.
RTX demos that ran on 1080P allready had difficulty mainting 60fps.

Mr Latte

Premium
RTX-ON with 4K would make you watch a slideshow on any GPU and the generation that comes after it. Simracers need at least 60, preferably 120 FPS for smooth gameplay.
No way a RTX2080ti can cope with that.
RTX demos that ran on 1080P allready had difficulty mainting 60fps.

Ahh but I didnt say a 2080ti, or RTX with 4K native. :)
Its also possible we may have a successor or improved models of GPU by 2nd QTR 2019

Additionally as shown with BF5 fps with RTX via increased development and patch have increased that games Ray Tracing dramatically and its possible further patches may help.

Visual Beauty can be a different thing to screen resolution or sharpness.
Resolution is very dependent on the screen size-view distance ratio used.

Dear Kunos,

Sorry for being poor. I should know by now that in our Capitalist society it is MY fault i can't afford the 'proper' equipment to run your game how you want it.
I will seek a 3rd job and feed my children every second day in order to afford the pixels required for your game not to look like a Channel 5 soft focus scud flick.

Yours humbly

Pleb
I know what you mean... I'm trying to run ACC on a 1080 monitor with nothing more than a gtx 1050 ti and a ryzen 5 1400. It's not going to well. At the same time though, they don't really have a responsibility to us to make the game a certain way so it works for a specific group of sim racers with low-mid end hardware. They made it the way they made it, they're working to improve it and we received the product we expected (if you did some research ahead of time and knew it was early access). I'm happy enough with that.

I have been tweaking my video settings. I dialed back shadows to Mid and my FPS stayed from 62 to 87 in a 20-car race. Now I am only running a GTX1070 on a 21:9 1080 144hz monitor, but the difference was noticeable. I also dialed the sharpness down to 90%. Everything else on Epic. There may be more enhancements coming tomorrow - who knows. Looking forward to the 488!

At the same time though, they don't really have a responsibility to us to make the game a certain way so it works for a specific group of sim racers with low-mid end hardware. They made it the way they made it, they're working to improve it and we received the product we expected (if you did some research ahead of time and knew it was early access). I'm happy enough with that.
Well, actually, it should be playable with minimum requirements, otherwise minimum requirements are a lie. And it doesn't look like it is playable, from what I've heard.

However, it's still in early access so we can't judge at this current state. Usually optimization is one of the last stages of development.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 49 10.1%
  • €3001-5000