Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Release 4 - Ferrari .jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione will reach the fourth release milestone tomorrow, adding the Hungaroring circuit and the wonderful Ferrari 488 GT3...

Most sim racers probably know all about the development scheduled for Assetto Corsa Competizione by now, and many of those same people are probably more than a little keen for tomorrow to hurry up and arrive, as Wednesday 12th December 2018 marks the day that release four of this exciting new simulation is scheduled to deploy to Early Access adopters of ACC.

With anticipation and excitement building up rather nicely, Kunos have dropped another new teaser image or two of the feature piece of new content coming to the sim - the wonderful Ferrari 488 GT3...

Only a matter of hours to go now folks, and we will be able to try the car and track for ourselves (ok my rig is at the shop, so I'll have to wait a bit - but don't let that worry you.. go on and enjoy it!)..

ACC Release 4 - Ferrari 3.jpg
ACC Release 4 - Ferrari 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 3 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Well, actually, it should be playable with minimum requirements, otherwise minimum requirements are a lie. And it doesn't look like it is playable, from what I've heard.

However, it's still in early access so we can't judge at this current state. Usually optimization is one of the last stages of development.
I have a 1050Ti, which according to GPU benchmark, is equivalent to the 760 they mention in the minimum requirements, and the game runs just fine with any amount of cars.

Have they mentioned anything about presets? I haven't been playing this because I hate the FFB and I haven't found good settings for my T150. There's the tab for presets, but there's nothing there.

From what I've seen, GamerMuscles shows a good vid about it, and does make sense, the only thing with this is as he states most don't have the correct specs for ACC.

Great explanation and makes sense.

I'll be interested in whether Kunos intends to clarify the resolution and AA choices, or, has some method to tweak away the blur for 1080p and VR users. There has been plenty of whinging about it on the forums already. GamerMuscles is implying that there is no solution other than moving to a higher resolution system. Hmmmm.....

One of the most bothersome aspects of ACC right now for me is a complaint I have heard for 5 + years about rF2. "Running shadows" just ahead of the car. In the case of ACC, it is shadow rendering. Watch the underside of the main straight grand stand roofs at Nurburgring. Am I the only one who thinks the false transparency then suddenly replaced by a proper shadow on every lap is highly distracting and immersion-killing?

For me, it's second only the the blur issues that are the main topic of the video.

Last edited:
Of course GamerMuscle will tell you you absolutely need 4K resolution. You also absolutely need an RTX 2080, and a OSW DD wheel, and a custom rig with Heusinkveld Pro pedals and special custom H-shifter, and a VR headset, and a PC running i9-9900k powering it all. You absolutely need all of that, without a doubt. Because obviously that's the kind of setup ACC is "optimized" for to give you the top notch experience.

Yeah but thats just expected from the marketing screw and screenshots in general look better then the actual game, its much easier to a
I know what you mean... I'm trying to run ACC on a 1080 monitor with nothing more than a gtx 1050 ti and a ryzen 5 1400. It's not going to well. At the same time though, they don't really have a responsibility to us to make the game a certain way so it works for a specific group of sim racers with low-mid end hardware. They made it the way they made it, they're working to improve it and we received the product we expected (if you did some research ahead of time and knew it was early access). I'm happy enough with that.
They don't have a responsibility to us, no. But they would be stupid to not make the game run on most people's machine. Who do they expect to run the game? The .01% that own 2080 cards? That's just stupid. It will hurt them in the end unless they get the game to look and run properly on lower spec machines.

Of course GamerMuscle will tell you you absolutely need 4K resolution. You also absolutely need an RTX 2080, and a OSW DD wheel, and a custom rig with Heusinkveld Pro pedals and special custom H-shifter, and a VR headset, and a PC running i9-9900k powering it all. You absolutely need all of that, without a doubt. Because obviously that's the kind of setup ACC is "optimized" for to give you the top notch experience.

Sarcasm aside, if the graphics cannot be sharpened for 1080p or VR users, it is a big deal. The blur is horrific as GamerMuscle describes--at least to my eyes.

The blur is horrific as GamerMuscle describes--at least to my eyes.
I know how the game looks in 1080p (or rather in 1200p, so it should in fact look a bit better for me), and clarity-wise, it is one of the worst games I've seen in a good while. I really like its lighting, but the overall clarity of the graphics is really bad, especially given the performance it currently runs at.

4k might look fine, but this input lag is not acceptable and all other titles don't have this issue. And it's really input-lag because the graphical wheel is in sync in VR unlike 4k. But the framerates are not acceptable in VR and even my RTX 2080 is running 45 fps almost all the time. And unlike the Oculus the Odyssey is only dropping to 45 fps when not holding 60 fps. And haven't even tried AI, night & rain with the RTX. I mean hotlapping in the dry with 150% Supersampling and medium settings.

I have a 1050Ti, which according to GPU benchmark, is equivalent to the 760 they mention in the minimum requirements, and the game runs just fine with any amount of cars.
Bullshit
As always, you have to ask "at what resolution" and "what graphics settings". For instance, we can be certain it doesn't run just fine in 4k on a 1050ti, but it might just be fine at 1024x768.

I'm not that surprised. The title is pretty limited in terms of content and the initial reviews are not great, especially on the graphic and performance sides. Reading how hard the racing community is with any sim, it was a huge risk to launch the game in early access (but great cash savings...). ACC is not another survival early access game, it's a proper and ambitious racing sim. As soon as it will be a polished product, the community will get in the train. Currently there is not any reason to race on ACC instead of racing on other complete sims. GT3 cars are in all the others sims, with more variety and more tracks. I'm sure leagues or organized races (sim racing system) are part of these AC figures. Once ACC achieved, racers will start to use it. The system requirements could be a huge issue though ; Kunos will have to find a solution for that.

Excited to see how the Ferrari feels, considering it's often used by Am teams due to the fact it is an easier car to drive, however it doesn't seem to be too fast when compared to the Audi and Mercedes (With the SRO BoP that's used anyway).
It's a more than capable car, especially considering it's essentially the same as the GTE car with ABS. Also it was the pace setter of the 2017 Spa 24.

I have a 1050ti and it's absolute **** when introduced to more than 10 A.I, rain, and barely passable at night.

I also just bought a 2560x1080p ultra wide, and a new Fanatec CSL Elite.
If I spend another dollar my wife will divorce me.
Kunos must optimize or I'll just stick with rF2, R3E and others. I simply can't afford a GPU/Monitor upgrade.

It looks fine when I'm racing. Feels awesome imo. My 5760X1080 looks a little dated in replays though (I7-6700K/1080Ti), but could an argument be made that it is future proof in a way? It was games like this that led me to spend and obtain the PC gear I have already, and this one in particular is having me look forward to upgrading my PC to the next level..eventually lol.

Intel Optane, VR, next gen GPU/CPU, bigger SSD's, Monitor etc. are on my list. edit: DD wheel!!:thumbsup:

It looks fine when I'm racing. Feels awesome imo. My 5760X1080 looks a little dated in replays though (I7-6700K/1080Ti), but could an argument be made that it is future proof in a way? It was games like this that led me to spend and obtain the PC gear I have already, and this one in particular is having me look forward to upgrading my PC to the next level..eventually lol.

Intel Optane, VR, next gen GPU/CPU, bigger SSD's, Monitor etc. are on my list.

Absolutely agree we'll all have to upgrade at some point, but the 1050ti is still a decent little card as it runs most other sims on high, and this ultra wide I just picked up has been on the market for 14 months. What's the shelf life on a monitor these days?

GamerMuscle said in that video most PC gamers are running 1440 or 4K, I disagree. I have no evidence but I would think most of us are running 1080p with mid 10 series cards.

I have a 1050ti and it's absolute **** when introduced to more than 10 A.I, rain, and barely passable at night.

I also just bought a 2560x1080p ultra wide, and a new Fanatec CSL Elite.
If I spend another dollar my wife will divorce me.
Kunos must optimize or I'll just stick with rF2, R3E and others. I simply can't afford a GPU/Monitor upgrade.
What AAA title do you expect to run well with a 1050Ti and 2560x1080?

screen shots with low sun... preferred way for devs to promote their stuff, very annoying honestly, and it can fool a lot of people apparently

I wouldn't say "fooling people" is about that, but the fact that it's 4K screenshot. Versus the actual resolution most people can play on.

From what I've seen, GamerMuscles shows a good vid about it, and does make sense, the only thing with this is as he states most don't have the correct specs for ACC.

I don't see this as a great solution.

4K or even 1440p isn't common. Nor 1080p is something that has "almost gone away". In Steam hardware survey you can see how rare it is to have something better than 1080p:

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

Vast majority still uses 1920 x 1080 resolution. Or 3840 x 1080 which is just double-display setup, with standard screens (not often even same size, but some random old 1080p screen tacked on the side, for utility use)

Out of people who have triples (simracers) vast majority must be using 1080p screens too...

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years