Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Release 4 - Ferrari .jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione will reach the fourth release milestone tomorrow, adding the Hungaroring circuit and the wonderful Ferrari 488 GT3...

Most sim racers probably know all about the development scheduled for Assetto Corsa Competizione by now, and many of those same people are probably more than a little keen for tomorrow to hurry up and arrive, as Wednesday 12th December 2018 marks the day that release four of this exciting new simulation is scheduled to deploy to Early Access adopters of ACC.

With anticipation and excitement building up rather nicely, Kunos have dropped another new teaser image or two of the feature piece of new content coming to the sim - the wonderful Ferrari 488 GT3...

Only a matter of hours to go now folks, and we will be able to try the car and track for ourselves (ok my rig is at the shop, so I'll have to wait a bit - but don't let that worry you.. go on and enjoy it!)..

ACC Release 4 - Ferrari 3.jpg
ACC Release 4 - Ferrari 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 3 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Ohhh that RTX hype... I've seen several comparison vids (RTX on/off) and have to look for the difference through a microscope. If you see that fps drop with the feature on, you have to agree it's only a very expensive candy, and nothing more. If you don't play with two pc simulatainously with rtx on/off, you won't miss anything at all.

Last edited:
I'd ask what "overprocessed screenshots or trailers" have to do with what we were talking about, or indeed with "potato specs", but this is obviously a waste of time, so I won't.
Just a way to say if you are not expecting the best image quality with lots of fps on your 4k screen on most demanding games, you'll enjoy what you get. Gaming and simracing is not only about graphics. My reference to overpostprocessed trailers and screenshots is just to make youbjnderstand that you will never get this quality whatever components you buy, so by lowering your graphics expectations, you will enjoy your sim.

How will a monitor give better performance than a TV? lol

One sentence you say any game then the next you say your having issues!
TV capped to 60fps
I'm having issues with a demanded and well known badly optimized game in the worst conditions. Even the best material can't handle this piece of software flawlessly. If had not mentionned it, as insurgency sandstorm, I would have been called a liar (which for sure would have been done, considering how you try to destroy my credibility by these futile, should I say infantile, comments).

Last edited:
That's quiet incredible how PC gamers can get offended when you basically say you can enjoy flawlessly games without having to spend thousands of bucks to enjoy as much games as they can with their overpowered configurations. That's fine guys, in 10 years you'll be in my position, my config will be absolutely unable to run any title from the period. I was in your position 10 years ago. Just relax about that... And think about people who can't afford what you can, these guys are in the same community than ypu and make your games alive. Without them your games would not exist at all... Keep cool. To stay on the subject, that's why ACC needs them too.

• Deleted member 241736

Dear Kunos,

Sorry for being poor. I should know by now that in our Capitalist society it is MY fault i can't afford the 'proper' equipment to run your game how you want it.
I will seek a 3rd job and feed my children every second day in order to afford the pixels required for your game not to look like a Channel 5 soft focus scud flick.

Yours humbly

Pleb
like it! Also ACC divide the human in rich and poor ones. Like we see in Europe (France!!) also here in Germany. e.g. you haven‘t a privat health insurance you‘re out of your Doc etc.

KUNOS give us family-fathers a affordable and much more better looking and playable ACC and don‘t feed the mouth of Nvidia and intel !!

That's quiet incredible how PC gamers can get offended when you basically say you can enjoy flawlessly games without having to spend thousands of bucks to enjoy as much games as they can with their overpowered configurations. That's fine guys, in 10 years you'll be in my position, my config will be absolutely unable to run any title from the period. I was in your position 10 years ago. Just relax about that... And think about people who can't afford what you can, these guys are in the same community than ypu and make your games alive. Without them your games would not exist at all... Keep cool. To stay on the subject, that's why ACC needs them too.
Difference is i will upgrade when needed and not carry on about how my superseded PC can't manage anymore !

TV capped to 60fps
I'm having issues with a demanded and well known badly optimized game in the worst conditions. Even the best material can't handle this piece of software flawlessly. If had not mentionned it, as insurgency sandstorm, I would have been called a liar (which for sure would have been done, considering how you try to destroy my credibility by these futile, should I say infantile, comments).
But if you can't manage 60fps to begin with what's it matter if it caps at 60 ? I use a 4k TV and even though it only can display 60Hz the PC will still be rendering 120fps or whatever it can depending on title !
Just FYI i'm a 43 yr old father of 3 under 13 ;)

People tend to forget that its ok to not be able to max out a game, i currently have a gtx 1080, took me half a year to be able to afford it and that was only because people were having an arms race for how cheap they could sell their cards in anticipation of the RTX mess. I started playing AC with a radeon 7870, it couldnt come close to maxing it, but reducing settings allowed me to play it at a solid 60(mod of the time), its without a doubt the same for you. They are damned either way because people want it to look nice but people want it to run well. I do think it could be optimised a bit more but it certainly isnt badly good currently. Its not like it looks crap so the call for more gpu horsepower makes sense for me.
Technology will always push forward, whether we like it or not we have to upgrade to experience the best of it, its not cheap I get that but thats just how it is.

You can for insurgency sandstorm. Don't know for ACC, as someone mentionned it I thought it was the case. If not, it's better for ACC, it would mean people are just waiting for the complete game... But I assume that anyway, steam's 14 days / 2 hours limits conditions apply to the ea titles too.
There doesn't seem to be any mention of EA in the docs for refunds at all now. I guess it's a reaction to the perpetual EA that's become something of a normality these days (*cough*DAYZ*cough*)

4k might look fine, but this input lag is not acceptable and all other titles don't have this issue. And it's really input-lag because the graphical wheel is in sync in VR unlike 4k. But the framerates are not acceptable in VR and even my RTX 2080 is running 45 fps almost all the time. And unlike the Oculus the Odyssey is only dropping to 45 fps when not holding 60 fps. And haven't even tried AI, night & rain with the RTX. I mean hotlapping in the dry with 150% Supersampling and medium settings.
150% supersampling is actually making the image render on 3240x1800 pixels.
So no wonder you need to dial the settings back to get 90FPS.

People tend to forget that its ok to not be able to max out a game, i currently have a gtx 1080, took me half a year to be able to afford it and that was only because people were having an arms race for how cheap they could sell their cards in anticipation of the RTX mess. I started playing AC with a radeon 7870, it couldnt come close to maxing it, but reducing settings allowed me to play it at a solid 60(mod of the time), its without a doubt the same for you. They are damned either way because people want it to look nice but people want it to run well. I do think it could be optimised a bit more but it certainly isnt badly good currently. Its not like it looks crap so the call for more gpu horsepower makes sense for me.
Technology will always push forward, whether we like it or not we have to upgrade to experience the best of it, its not cheap I get that but thats just how it is.
Yep , i play in VR and dont have a chance to run maxed out in any Sim on the market ! 1080Ti/7700k rig .

If you consider that when Giancarlo is at the wheel he's usually the fastest driver on track, it probably is.

Ah yeah, that is true. I'm just going off of this year, as the only Ferrari that seemed somewhat good in the Pro class was the SMP Ferrari.

Just looked at the Blancpain website, it looks like SMP were the only team to run a Pro Ferrari this year. That probably explains why it was the only one at the sharp end of the field.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back