Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Release 4 - Ferrari .jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione will reach the fourth release milestone tomorrow, adding the Hungaroring circuit and the wonderful Ferrari 488 GT3...

Most sim racers probably know all about the development scheduled for Assetto Corsa Competizione by now, and many of those same people are probably more than a little keen for tomorrow to hurry up and arrive, as Wednesday 12th December 2018 marks the day that release four of this exciting new simulation is scheduled to deploy to Early Access adopters of ACC.

With anticipation and excitement building up rather nicely, Kunos have dropped another new teaser image or two of the feature piece of new content coming to the sim - the wonderful Ferrari 488 GT3...

Only a matter of hours to go now folks, and we will be able to try the car and track for ourselves (ok my rig is at the shop, so I'll have to wait a bit - but don't let that worry you.. go on and enjoy it!)..

ACC Release 4 - Ferrari 3.jpg
ACC Release 4 - Ferrari 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 3 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Yeah we have to support developers, but I am less interested in supporting devs which can instantly revert simulation just because people don't like it. Twitchy car ? Sure it is not twitchy anymore. Car is too hard to recover from oversteer ? Suuuure, not anymore. FFB is not like you were used to ? Now it is like you used to... Don't like too much variation in grip levels ? Yeah, lets improve it to be more even. We don't like bumps as well, they make cars unstable !

Now I see thing like "car behavior over kerbs is better", and I think what does "better" mean ? Is it actually more realistic, or it is actually better in terms of less of a trouble ? Way to go. We don't like challenges, take them away :) We don't want to drive we want to raaaaaace, driving gets in a way of racing, so it is unnecessary :)

I am interested to check if viscous hydroplaning over rubbered tarmac is in now. But I suppose they withdrew that, it is obviously too much for usual simracer.

You should first read my initial post and a 7700k should run well enough. 150% SS is minimum or ACC looks blurry like no other title in VR and it's still a blurry mess with that plus all the other bugs. With AI and rain it's 30 fps, not 45 and can't see any improvement between a GTX 1080 and RTX 2080 either. 90 fps in VR seems impossible with whatever graphics or weather-settings are used. But at least no crazy lag like in 4k.

The fact that you don't see an improvement from GTX 1080 to 2080 is consistent with being fully CPU limited, as I mentioned. UE4 engine is quite heavy on CPU and unfortunately VR + UE4 + lots of AI is literally the worst case scenario. 7700K is a great CPU, but again it's not much better than a five year old CPU because Intel stopped progressing. Maybe there are a combination of settings to help lower CPU load, but generally speaking UE4 is CPU limited so I doubt it can be improved much.

The fact that you don't see an improvement from GTX 1080 to 2080 is consistent with being fully CPU limited, as I mentioned. UE4 engine is quite heavy on CPU and unfortunately VR + UE4 + lots of AI is literally the worst case scenario. 7700K is a great CPU, but again it's not much better than a five year old CPU because Intel stopped progressing. Maybe there are a combination of settings to help lower CPU load, but generally speaking UE4 is CPU limited so I doubt it can be improved much.
I have to quote myself: "And haven't even tried AI, night & rain with the RTX. I mean hotlapping in the dry with 150% Supersampling and medium settings."

And nothing wrong with the CPU either, it's just ACC. In 4k it looks great and there i get 90 fps with ease, but the lag makes the car disconnected.

Guys, i wan't to get this SIM, i run triples 1080's with a 980ti, have decent FPS with graphics all the (almost maxed out in rF2) and in AC they are maxed out and capped at 75 constant even with a full grid.
By what i have been reading in the comments about the game being poorly optimized, is it worth to get it now? or wait till its fully released with a better otimization?

I have a vega 64 which, from benchmarks runs about the same as your card. (Sad amd optimization I know). I can run mid settings on triples and average fps in the 60s so I'm sure you'll be fine too.

Much more basically ( ultra basic I dare say ).... first thing I'll check this evening:
will simply your chosen driving view be automatically saved and applied when starting a session?
I'm really bored to have to change it at each session.

Cars and tracks OK, but basic things first !! .... else this is like storing furniture in a barn while the house is not even built !

Pathetic to say the least to compare activity on a Racing game that doesnt even allow Racing for now...... also.... dont you have anything to criticize about PCARS2.... that monstrous pile of crap that made you silent by throwing money at you ?
You realize, all Austin is after is a reaction, right? he his not coming here to help us, he is just seeking attention.:)

Downloading 1.4 gb in ACC as I write this, I should be able to drive on the Hungaroring in 15 minutes.:D

This thread is chock full of performance / visuals discussion (important for sure), but there's nothing on how it feels to drive. For me it gives me the most detailed and exciting feeling of immersion I've ever had in a sim, even beating my beloved RF2 for 'believability'. I actually struggle to enjoy AC GT3's now for how simple and dumbed down they feel in comparison.

I don't have a problem with the visuals and even if they were amazing, what generally happens for me is I might think 'wow that's really cool', but once you're in the thick of the action your brain stops noticing that stuff and all you care about is getting ahead of the car in front of you. It happens in every game, my amazement at Battlefield V visuals quickly faded and all that matters is the gameplay. (which is great!)

Screenshots look better than the actual game play in any game and in any resolution.
ACC btw does have the colors dark at any time of the day giving that "long shadow" feeling in the whole cycle. NASCAR Heat did the same thing I think, pretty stupid if you ask me.
I would say it's an artistic choice. As GTR1 and 2 were dark games to make them more immersive. You basically can't simulate how the eye and the brain picture the lightning IRL. HDR is a way to compensate the ability of the eye and the brain to get details from dark and bright objects at the same time, but it feels unatural (I'm surenit feels more natural for younger audience who have ve been living with hdr pictures all their short life), because it clears shadows and darken the bright parts of the image. IRL life your eyes just see a shadow and the details inside and at the same time are able to see the details of the sky just above. So any game has to take an artistic decision that will appeal to some and not to others. I personally like ACC dark approach, just a question of taste.

Last edited:
Dowloading it already? I thought that update would be available 5pm CET.
it is live.:D
V0.4.0 Changelog
- New Ferrari 488 GT3
- New Hungaroring circuit
- Preview: Race weekends in Multiplayer
- Added version 1 of the Broadcasting SDK (including test/example application)
- Fixed look around in chase camera
- Added Lock to Horizon option for Cockpit cameras (Alt+H to toggle, Shift+H and Ctrl+H to increment/decrement partial effect)
- Added Confirm popup for NextSession, Restart, Pits and Quit button in ingame menu
- Mirror options are now split in two: "Quality" and "View distance"
- Added Fuel indicator in car HUD
- Added Laps information for Hotstint online leaderboards on "Special events" page
- Corrected brake heat influence on core tyre temps
- Adjustments in cars inertia
- Adjustments in tyre model and tyre flex, should result in better kerb behaviour
- Added TC2 (TC initial cut) feature of F488. Physics, Controls, Setup
- Fixed Tyres IMO (Inside Mid Outside) HUD visualisation
- Fixed Ferrari 488 AI stopping without fuel in long races
- Fixed wrong car systems during replay
- Added lap tag in the replay HUD
- Fixed cumulative automatic highlights endtime
- Instant replay support for Broadcast app
- Fixed focused car when entering or leaving replay
- Fixed wrong time session start after a restart/next session
- Fixed potential exterior camera issues for multiplayer
- Fixed potential wrong near plane during starting sequence
- Fixed proximity indicator according to the focused car
- Added new skins for featured cars
- Car dash luminosity readjusted for new exposure values
- New Total (TO) rating representing strength and completeness (visible in the Rating Profile)
- New driver category (visible in the Rating Profile)
- CarControl Rating adjustments: alien performance now will still have overdrive, but less significant
- CarControl Rating adjustments: very good driving performance will show values of CC 95+
- TR/CN/CC: Fixed false-positive detection of "way too hard" for bends and kinks
- Hotstint now shows laps in the menu leaderboard
- Hotstint gaps now correctly display lap gaps / time gap within the same lap
- Added backend connection state indicator to relevant menu pages
- Added HUD page for broadcasting
- Added HUD page with the current timetables
- Holding TAB will temporarily show the timetables HUD page
- Prevent Ambient sound to play during in game menu
- Improved camera fading when switching cameras

Umm , my PC already can't keep up ! I got my 1080Ti in June 2017 and would get a 2080Ti today if i could justify the 70% price increase for 30% performance gains ! I will wait until next big Ti or AMD equivalent and reassess ;)

Sorry for you, mine just starts to show its limits... But hey, thanks to you, technological advancements are made, slowly but surely. Thanks to your dedication, in a few time I'll get groundbraking technologies. Thank you.

About the dark side of ACC, it should be a good idea to include a slider to adjust this parameter for those who want more brightness (without washing out the image generally done with the hdr feature, I did not check whether the parameter is included in ACC ; it was included in AC). Kunos already includes the excellent feature of adjusting the saturation to fit your own taste, why not this one?

You probably don,t know what you talking about
With way more years of sim racing experience than most of these millenial bugs I think I do. But maybe you should finish some biology lessons to see what the human eye is capable of. Or better, what the limits of the human eye are instead of just repeating marketing bla bla.

Stating that a 400$ GPU (the price of a last gen console) is an obsolete component will not save ACC from a failure. Proof is, most of the sim racers are complaining about the performance. If you want to play with the 3 sim racers who own the latest GPU, cool for you, you won't meet more than 5 people on a less than daily basis, the game is dead...

That is the problem with ACC.

Locking the horizon made a big difference for me. Not having to render a moving world frees up the GPU to render the competitors. (This is my assumption, I have no technical expertise. Frame rates are from Steam's counter so just a reference point.) Not sure what others may be experiencing. Unfortunately, now that the dash moves a little more, and with the 488 having the most informative display, it is a little blurrier. A happy trade off from my perspective.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back