AC Server Manager

Misc AC Server Manager v1.7.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, just trying this out. Works great so far but I would like to ask maybe a bit of a silly question. Is it possible to access the Server Manager remotely. I have it installed on a server away from home but dont know how to connect to it from my home machine. Thank you!

Hi, just trying this out. Works great so far but I would like to ask maybe a bit of a silly question. Is it possible to access the Server Manager remotely. I have it installed on a server away from home but dont know how to connect to it from my home machine. Thank you!
In config.yml you can find
Code:
http:
  # hostname is the hostname the HTTP server should listen on.
  # change '0.0.0.0' to 'localhost' if you don't want server manager to be
  # available on the web.
  hostname:IP:port
Then you can change the ip to 0.0.0.0 and restart server manager

In config.yml you can find
Code:
http:
  # hostname is the hostname the HTTP server should listen on.
  # change '0.0.0.0' to 'localhost' if you don't want server manager to be
  # available on the web.
  hostname:IP:port
Then you can change the ip to 0.0.0.0 and restart server manager

Thank you for your reply, I maybe in over my head but I was hoping to have this running on the remote server which it does but access the Server Manager GUI from home without remoting over to the server. I guess it is a bit more complicated but so far I have enabled a web server on server 2012. I get the login to the router when connecting via chrome from home.

Its probably too much to setup but any pointers would be appreciated :)

*I should point out it works fine if I run the Server Manager directly on the Windows server and can play on it fine. It would be nice to be able to access the GUI remotely.

* EDIT - Sorry I seemed to be going way too far with this.. it now works remotely! Not secure so thats the next thing to figure out, thanks :)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the issue is that the assetto (or assetto/manager) folder(s) don't exist before you run docker-compose up. If you make those directories manually and then run docker-compose up that should work just fine with your current structure.

That is the problem, I don't know where to create these directories or what the structure looks like.

Do I need to install assetto / manager somewhere else?

I have just spent another hour on this and it simply doesn't work:

- I have created an empty directory called "acsm-server" in my home directory
- This directory is mounted as follows: ./acsm-server:/home/assetto/server-manager/assetto
- I have tried creating various different structures inside this " but I keep running into the same error.

What directories do I need to make, can you please give a full example of a correct directory tree?

When I look at /home/<user>/ascm-server , what directories should I make there?

See next post:

Last edited:
don't think there's anything wrong with your directory structure

After some more debugging I decided to stop focusing on the directory structure and look at what causes the permissions issue.

I found that docker was running under another user, changing permissions to 777 on the main directory solved this problem... but 777 is kind of the " nuclear option", as that folder now contains another user's directories.

I tried adding the following lines to the docker-compose yml to run this process under my user/group, but this doesn't seem to have the desired effect yet:

environment:
- PGID=1001
- PUID=1001

I am wondering if there is something wrong with our docker installation or if there is another way of ensuring the docker process runs under the correct user.

Last edited:
@Hecrer After some more debugging I found that the container creates files under PGID/PUID 1000, which is another user on my server and thus causes all kinds of permission issues.

I forked your repo and forced userid 1001 (which is my user) by changing line 44 in your Dockerfile:
Code:
RUN useradd -ms /bin/bash -u 1001 ${SERVER_USER}

This basically solved all the problems. The next steps would be to make this configurable so you can map the "assetto" user in the container to your correct user and group on your host server.

Here is an interesting read: https://medium.com/@mccode/understanding-how-uid-and-gid-work-in-docker-containers-c37a01d01cf

Perhaps you can make the user-id and group-id configurable like this:
Code:
RUN useradd -ms /bin/bash -u ${PUID} -g ${PGID} ${SERVER_USER}

You can quickly find your user by running: id -u and your group by running id -g

Last edited:
Hecrer updated AC Server Manager with a new update entry:

ACSR gating, live timings chat, bug fixes

Hi everyone, hope you're doing well! Some important fixes in this one, and some nice new features too. Happy Racing!

Added:

• Added the ability to gate ACSR exported events based on ACSR skill and safety ratings!
  • Added a chat box to Live Timings, showing the in-game chat and messages broadcast from the server!
  • Added a "combine results" button to the results index page, allowing you to manually combine any results (you should probably only combine results of the same type and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Good afternoon,

I am having an issue where we have a server setup with a number of cars as options. Unfortunately we are experiencing an issue where when we select a particular car, then join the game, we are issued with another car. Have a missed something in the settings or the setup?

Please let me know if you need any screenshots.

Thanks

Chris

To me with the latest version 1.7.7 suddenly when I want to create a championship tells me that I do not have the premium version or its advantages when I do ...

Attachments

• Bug Server.JPG
    Bug Server.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 66
Good afternoon,

I am having an issue where we have a server setup with a number of cars as options. Unfortunately we are experiencing an issue where when we select a particular car, then join the game, we are issued with another car. Have a missed something in the settings or the setup?

Please let me know if you need any screenshots.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

The only time the server should be forcing a driver into a car is if there is an entrant in the list with a GUID matching the driver. Outside of that situation you should connect in whichever car you selected.

If you're running an open event with empty guids in the entry list then I'm not sure what is happening, it would probably be easiest to diagnose if I could have a look at the event setup/server logs. If you're happy for me to do that send me a dm and I'll have a look!

Thanks

To me with the latest version 1.7.7 suddenly when I want to create a championship tells me that I do not have the premium version or its advantages when I do ...

Hi Zokult,

Did you upgrade the manager using the new premium version (you should have received this in an email) or using the RD download? If you used the RD download it'll deactivate the premium features.

If you used the emailed version then something must be up, are you missing other premium features or just the acsr export? For example, can you create a Race Weekend?

Thanks

Hello...

I have a linux server with putty and ftp access.

I would like to know if anyone has a tutorial on how to install the APP on an external server in local on windows without problem but on this server I have not been able to get it started. I would like to have this app to manage our friend's server.

ubuntu 18.04

The error occurred attempting to: Read configuration file (config.yml)
The error more specifically is: yaml: line 34: did not find expected key

Now the error I find it in the port tells me that it is being used and I have no app to that port.

Fixed the previous errors ...

Now the question is... someone knows how to add a domain name to the ubuntu server and acserver Thank you.

Last edited:
We sorted this out on our Discord channel, but in case anybody else here also encounters this issue you have two options:

1: Switch to using OpenVR in content manager instead of Oculus mode
2: Move your Server Manager .exe out of the root Assetto Corsa folder, having other .exe files next to the assetto corsa .exe confuses the Oculus!

Either of these should fix the issue.

Thanks

Hey guys, great to see a solution for this issue. Could you expand on where to move the Server Manager .exe to? I put mine on the desktop and it says can't find parent folder when trying to open the app. Put it in my D drive directory where AC is installed same message? Any direction would be much appreciated. Cheers, Mark PS, I don't use Content Manager.

HI all, im stuck on getting things done to put an assetto corsa online server, allways getting some kind of message on the yaml.file like this one : " yaml: line 40: did not find expected key "
I've paid for GTX gaming assetto corsa server and still cant make it run, can someone pointing me in the right direction please ? thanks

Hi, i've succesfully ran server manager on docker container on my synology nas. Now im trying to add stracker (extract and copy zip) but nothing happens on stracker page, it still asks me to download and extract. Do i have to run it somehow?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back