AC Server Manager

Misc AC Server Manager v1.7.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey mate, how did you fix this? Where did you put the Server Manager .exe file? Cheers Mark

Hi Mark,

You should be able to put the .exe wherever you want, but the other files in the ACSM download need to be with it too! (config.yml etc.). It might be worth checking this section of our install guide:

https://github.com/JustaPenguin/ass...ng-to-Premium#1-single-server---clean-install

If you think everything looks correct could you open the CMD program in windows, cd to the ACSM install folder and then run the .exe from there? That should give us more context as to why the Manager is failing to start!

Thanks

HI all, im stuck on getting things done to put an assetto corsa online server, allways getting some kind of message on the yaml.file like this one : " yaml: line 40: did not find expected key "
I've paid for GTX gaming assetto corsa server and still cant make it run, can someone pointing me in the right direction please ? thanks

Hi!

Sounds to me like your config.yml isn't formatted properly, try pasting it into http://www.yamllint.com/ and see if it points out any errors then fix them!

On the note of hosting, if you'd like a server that comes with this Manager pre-installed check out https://assettocorsaservers.com/!

Thanks

Hi, i've succesfully ran server manager on docker container on my synology nas. Now im trying to add stracker (extract and copy zip) but nothing happens on stracker page, it still asks me to download and extract. Do i have to run it somehow?

Hi,

If you're running in docker you'll need to volume mount the stracker directory (and assign the ports for the stracker web interface and ptracker connection)!

https://docs.docker.com/storage/volumes/ should be helpful for that stuff.

Thanks

1597405285634.png
1597405344893.png

How can you explain such a difference in the temperature specified in the weather settings and the value in the game itself?

leaving this here - if you get a "cannot open index, metadata missing" error like I did, try deleting the content of /search-index/ inside your /server/ (not server manager).

Hi guys, firstly I want to thank the devs for this awesome tool, I managed to make it run flawlessly together with stracker and Real Penalty tool and decided to support the devs and buy the premium version.

I kinda understand how everything works and how to set stuff up but one thing is a mystery for me. There is a system for drivers to register to an event, but do they need to have Server Manager account or is there any front end or link for unregistered people so they can see races and apply for them? Do I need to create some "universal" account for server manager, show it to the users and let them use it for registration? Second thing, is it possible to register only for championship races or users can register for one custom event only somehow? It would be awesome if this would be possible. I just want to organize occasional races but with fixed entry list.

@Hecrer After some more debugging I found that the container creates files under PGID/PUID 1000, which is another user on my server and thus causes all kinds of permission issues.

I forked your repo and forced userid 1001 (which is my user) by changing line 44 in your Dockerfile:
Code:
RUN useradd -ms /bin/bash -u 1001 ${SERVER_USER}

This basically solved all the problems. The next steps would be to make this configurable so you can map the "assetto" user in the container to your correct user and group on your host server.

Here is an interesting read: https://medium.com/@mccode/understanding-how-uid-and-gid-work-in-docker-containers-c37a01d01cf

Perhaps you can make the user-id and group-id configurable like this:
Code:
RUN useradd -ms /bin/bash -u ${PUID} -g ${PGID} ${SERVER_USER}

You can quickly find your user by running: id -u and your group by running id -g

We don't make the uid/gid configurable in the docker file because you can set them as the container runs through docker (i.e. docker run -u 1001:1001 ...)

We use this exact method with our hosted servers (some of which have uid/gid not equal to the 'default') and have never hit any issues with permissions, or needed to do any unnecessary chmoding.

Where should i mount it? Do i have to run it manually?

If you have the assetto server folder already mounted, you should place the stracker folder inside the assetto server folder. The instructions on the sTracker Options page should explain the folder layout required

View attachment 398103View attachment 398105
How can you explain such a difference in the temperature specified in the weather settings and the value in the game itself?
I believe (and i may be wrong here) that the temperature cannot be negative. Certainly, the number displayed in the Live Timings is an unsigned 8 bit integer. This means that a negative value will cause a "wrap around" to -1. If it is possible to run negative track temperatures, please let me know and I will look into whether we can amend this.

Hi guys, firstly I want to thank the devs for this awesome tool, I managed to make it run flawlessly together with stracker and Real Penalty tool and decided to support the devs and buy the premium version.

I kinda understand how everything works and how to set stuff up but one thing is a mystery for me. There is a system for drivers to register to an event, but do they need to have Server Manager account or is there any front end or link for unregistered people so they can see races and apply for them? Do I need to create some "universal" account for server manager, show it to the users and let them use it for registration? Second thing, is it possible to register only for championship races or users can register for one custom event only somehow? It would be awesome if this would be possible. I just want to organize occasional races but with fixed entry list.

Only Championships have registration forms built into them. Generally if you want a sign up form for a single custom race, just make it a championship with one event in it and turn the sign up form on. Anyone can register for an event so long as you have set Server Manager to 'read open' in the Accounts page.

Only Championships have registration forms built into them. Generally if you want a sign up form for a single custom race, just make it a championship with one event in it and turn the sign up form on. Anyone can register for an event so long as you have set Server Manager to 'read open' in the Accounts page.

thank you mate, it works now as I would expect. There is more than necesarry information for public in this "read open" state but still better than nothing :) Only thing I am missing at this moment in this awesome tool is possibility to translate it, or at least some messages :)

Hello - when i sett up a race with server manager it shows the folder names of the cars - so if for example a car mod folder is called tcr made by elephant that's what it will show. How can i set it where it shows it the way the Assetto Corsa very own server shows - just the car name. Thanks!

Hi!
I'm using AC Server Manager with Real Penalty and I was trying to tune a bit the cutting penalties.
Is there any reason why we cannot set particular values for Min Slow Down Ratio or Qualify Slow Down Speed Ratio through Server Manager?
For instance the default value for Min Slow Down Ratio is 0.9 and if I try to set it to 0.8 (so 80% of the speed) it refuses to apply it and says that the two nearest valid values are -0.1 and 0.9 :O_o:
If I set it to -0.1 (which does not really make sense to me) then save it, it goes back to 0.9.
If I try to set it to the upper valid value (1.9) then save it, it goes back to 0.9.

So it looks like I cannot tune it at all...
And the same thing happens with Qualify Slow Down Speed Ratio.
Is there something wrong there?

Thanks!

Hecrer updated AC Server Manager with a new update entry:

Updated Custom Race page, Race Weekend and Championship Improvements

Hi everyone, hope you're doing well! Lots of nice stuff in this update, happy racing!

Added:
  • Added the ability to toggle on/off the ACSR skill gate for ACSR exported championships.
  • Added compatibility with Real Penalty v3.00.02
  • You can now specify which tab in a Championship is active by default on page load.
  • Added a page that allows admins to view a read-only copy of the server_cfg.ini and entry_list.ini currently applied to the server.
  • You can now add tags to a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back