AC Server Manager

Misc AC Server Manager v1.7.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi,

there is a issue to load cars & setups content (every car).
The Message is: " Internal Server Error"
The LOG shows:
Code:
time="2020-05-10T09:48:16+02:00" level=error msg="Could not load car details for: abarth500" error="invalid character 'P' looking for beginning of value"
What is happend?

The system es running for more than 3 month fine.
Thanks for help

Hi,

I'm not sure on this one but it might fix the problem if you rebuild your search index (right at the bottom of the server options page), it'll take a few minutes to complete.

If that doesn't help I'd need to have a look at your logs!

Thanks

sorry if this has been posted before, but i'm having trouble giving other users permission to start the application.
Ubuntu server
my account has sudo permission, but i want non root users to be able to start the program
ownership of the files are *my-admin-name* : race-organisers and have permissions of 776
can anyone give me a hint as to what the problem might be?
output of terminal from non root is

multiserver$ ./assetto-multiserver-manager
INFO[0000] Creating/Updating server 0 at: servers/SERVER_00
FATA[0000] Could not create assetto corsa multiserver instance error="chmod server-manager: operation not permitted"

Hi,

I wouldn't recommend running Server Manager with sudo permission at all, and I'm not quite sure how to fix your issue. It looks like the server-manager executable has the wrong permissions.

Unfortunately Linux permissions are a bit outside of our wheelhouse, I think you'd have more luck asking around some Linux server forums or similar.

Sorry I couldn't really help, if you do solve it please let us know so we can help people with the same issue in the future!

Hi. I have tried to upgrade to multiserver manager from server manager but it starts as if it was a brand new server without configured races a part from the default ones. If I put back the binary with the old single-server then I see my data again. The only non-standard thing that I do is to use json storage instead of boltdb.
I am using (a slightly modified version of) the docker-compose file that you provide in the multiserver directory.
Well, I think I need to better read the multiserver-specific documentation... I must have skipped some step.

Hi!

Because you're using a json store you should just be able to copy across your old json store to the new install! Have a look for shared_store.json in the multiserver install, and then copy across your old json store into that directory.

You should then see custom races, accounts,championships and race weekends on each of your multiserver instances. Unfortunately you'll have to set the server options on each server from scratch though.

Thanks!

Apologies for the slow replies everyone, we've been really busy over the last month. I'll try to check this thread more regularly from now on. For any future sim racers that have questions about the manager it's much easier to contact us on our Discord:

Discord Join Link

There are also loads of community members there who can help as well as us!

We've got a pretty cool update coming soon, happy racing!

Hecrer updated AC Server Manager with a new update entry:

driver swaps, spectator car, many fixes

Added:

• Driver Swaps! This premium feature adds the ability to do driver swaps in race sessions, without needing any game plugins! This leverages Assetto Corsa's "Partial Driver Swap" functionality and adds our own software on top of it to make it fair for everyone!
    • Driver Swaps work in Championships and Race Weekends
    • Configuration of Driver Swaps is done per-race in the Entry List section of the race form. Turn on Driver Swap and add multiple GUIDs to an Entrant...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Bash:
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="initialising Raven monitoring"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="initialising Prometheus Monitoring"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add Internal UUID to Championship Entrants"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add Admin Account"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add entrants to championship events"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add class ID to championship classes"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Enhance Old Championship Results Files"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add Result Screen Time"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add Pit Box Definition To Entrants"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add Last Seen Version to Accounts"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Set Server Options Sleep Time to 1"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: enable 'Persist Open Entrants' in Championships"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add Theme Choice to Accounts"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add Race Weekend examples"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add Server Name Template"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add Available Cars to Championship Class"
server-manager_1  | !!! An Error Occurred !!!
server-manager_1  | -------------------------
server-manager_1  |
server-manager_1  | Failed to initialise server manager.
server-manager_1  |
server-manager_1  | Your configuration file is probably incorrect, or you haven't followed the instructions in the README properly.
server-manager_1  | Please carefully check that your options are set correctly.
server-manager_1  |
server-manager_1  |       Error Details
server-manager_1  |
server-manager_1  | The error occurred attempting to: Open server manager storage (bolt or json)
server-manager_1  | The error more specifically is: mkdir assetto/manager: permission denied
server-manager_1  |

the previous installation worked, now it tries cleanly a second time and it doesn't work. anyone know what's the problem?

Bash:
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="initialising Raven monitoring"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="initialising Prometheus Monitoring"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add Internal UUID to Championship Entrants"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add Admin Account"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add entrants to championship events"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add class ID to championship classes"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Enhance Old Championship Results Files"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add Result Screen Time"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add Pit Box Definition To Entrants"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add Last Seen Version to Accounts"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Set Server Options Sleep Time to 1"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: enable 'Persist Open Entrants' in Championships"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add Theme Choice to Accounts"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add Race Weekend examples"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add Server Name Template"
server-manager_1  | time="2020-06-02T12:35:14Z" level=info msg="Running migration: Add Available Cars to Championship Class"
server-manager_1  | !!! An Error Occurred !!!
server-manager_1  |
server-manager_1  | Failed to initialise server manager.
server-manager_1  |
server-manager_1  | Your configuration file is probably incorrect, or you haven't followed the instructions in the README properly.
server-manager_1  | Please carefully check that your options are set correctly.
server-manager_1  |
server-manager_1  |       Error Details
server-manager_1  |
server-manager_1  | The error occurred attempting to: Open server manager storage (bolt or json)
server-manager_1  | The error more specifically is: mkdir assetto/manager: permission denied
server-manager_1  |

the previous installation worked, now it tries cleanly a second time and it doesn't work. anyone know what's the problem?

Hi,

Looks like some issue with file system permissions, could you try making that directory manually?

Thanks

Looks like some issue with file system permissions, could you try making that directory manually?

Would you mind posting the correct directory structure here?

I have created a directory called "acsm-server" in my home dir /home/<username>/acsm-server , I have tried everything like creating a structure /home/<username>/acsm-server/server-manager/assetto/manager. The result is always the same.

My docker compose yml seems to link to the right locations:

volumes:
# volume mount the entire server install so that
# content etc persists across restarts
- ./acsm-server:/home/assetto/server-manager/assetto
# volume mount the config
- ./acsm-config.yml:/home/assetto/server-manager/config.yml

But I keep running into the following error:

server-manager_1 | The error occurred attempting to: Open server manager storage (bolt or json)
server-manager_1 | The error more specifically is: mkdir assetto/manager: permission denied

How do I debug this? Everythings looks correct, what am I missing here.

Hello Really great job We did swap tests, perfect :)
However we have a problem with the blue flags which are not consistent. After a swap, pilot B caught up with pilot A and overtook him. they were both in the same round. However pilot A had a blue flag. And before overtaking the first one also had a blue flag
Thank you in advance for your return

With Driver Swap On, multiple GUIDs are associated to one car (slot). In the Live Timing page if the participants are still displayed as players rather than the car, their laps will be recorded respectively, which is difficult to interprete during an endurance race. Since an AC server recognises and recordes the laps of a car (slot) rather than a steam account, it would be better if the Live Timing page combine the infos of different players for the same car (slot).

Would you mind posting the correct directory structure here?

I have created a directory called "acsm-server" in my home dir /home/<username>/acsm-server , I have tried everything like creating a structure /home/<username>/acsm-server/server-manager/assetto/manager. The result is always the same.

My docker compose yml seems to link to the right locations:

volumes:
# volume mount the entire server install so that
# content etc persists across restarts
- ./acsm-server:/home/assetto/server-manager/assetto
# volume mount the config
- ./acsm-config.yml:/home/assetto/server-manager/config.yml

But I keep running into the following error:

server-manager_1 | The error occurred attempting to: Open server manager storage (bolt or json)
server-manager_1 | The error more specifically is: mkdir assetto/manager: permission denied

How do I debug this? Everythings looks correct, what am I missing here.

Hi,

I don't think there's anything wrong with your directory structure, usually you can have whatever structure you want so long as the config.yml and docker-compose.yml match it.

I'm pretty sure the issue is that the assetto (or assetto/manager) folder(s) don't exist before you run docker-compose up. If you make those directories manually and then run docker-compose up that should work just fine with your current structure.

If that doesn't work please let me know and I'll have another look, probably best to @ me on our Discord server to get a quicker response though.

Thanks

Hello Really great job We did swap tests, perfect :)
However we have a problem with the blue flags which are not consistent. After a swap, pilot B caught up with pilot A and overtook him. they were both in the same round. However pilot A had a blue flag. And before overtaking the first one also had a blue flag
Thank you in advance for your return

Hi,

Interesting, thanks for reporting this! Are you running a correctly modified track? (as per this guide https://github.com/JustaPenguin/assetto-server-manager/wiki/Driver-swap-track-editing).

If you're running a stock track chances are that is the issue, if not then we have some more digging to do!

Thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back