2018 RD Touring Car Championship (R3E)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY T500rs have troubled my season 2. On sepang did my fan broke down totally and i had no time to fix it properly. Using a knife and opened a hole right above the fan and ripped it out and then used a laptop fan superglued in the hole that i made. Stressing like hell and when i was about to load the game i fell asleep and when i woke up the race was over. This race i had to open a the balcony door next to me and it was -10c out and i had the it open for 40 min maby. My wheel feels heavy like to little air in the tires when T500rs gets to hot. Getting a new one or build one direct drive weel my self maybe.

Yeah, pretty much ruined my race. Had to wait for the whole field to go past, and had lost about 30s once I got going again. Could fight back up to 12th in the end, but think I had the pace for a top 10...
Gutted since this was my best track in the calendar...

I'm really sorry, I had no idea that happened. Crewchief said clear right but I guess you had a much better exit than me and popped back next to me... I feel terrible about ruining your race :(

• Deleted member 387850

@kedy89 I was watching the replay and it appears I knocked you off on the first lap... I didn't feel it, I'm really sorry mate :(

I had exactly the same thing happen at Slovakiaring and unfortunately it was with @kedy89 as well. I saw him spin but it didn't look like I touched him and I had absolutely no feedback to suggest there had been contact. I just assumed he had lost the rear. When I watched the replay back it was clear there had been contact. I only mention it because I think @Ross Garland experienced something similar in one of the club races last week. So either there is a bit of a glitch regarding contact or poor Tobi has a rear bumper made out of sponge ;)

I only mention it because I think @Ross Garland experienced something similar in one of the club races last week. So either there is a bit of a glitch regarding contact or poor Tobi has a rear bumper made out of sponge ;)
This is very true. In Thursday's club race someone lost the rear and went off right in front of me. It was only later that they said they had felt a bump from behind which had sent them into a spin, yet I felt nothing at all and there is no evidence of a bump from my PoV in the replay either.

I thought it was a one-off, but if this is the third occurrence inside of a week then it seems that perhaps it is indeed an actual bug. :cautious:

I'm really sorry, I had no idea that happened. Crewchief said clear right but I guess you had a much better exit than me and popped back next to me... I feel terrible about ruining your race :(
Have yet to check the replay, but from my memory you were taking a rather wide line through Rivage. I sticked to the inside, and since I had the shorter way was getting alongside. Towards the exit you moved to the right, hitting my front and sending me straight into the wall.

Barring any penalties, here are the provisional results. You can download the results file here.

Results - 05.png

Have yet to check the replay, but from my memory you were taking a rather wide line through Rivage. I sticked to the inside, and since I had the shorter way was getting alongside. Towards the exit you moved to the right, hitting my front and sending me straight into the wall.

I took a look at the replay and I think it's an unfortunate racing incident. I did go wide in Bruxelles but based on the replay it seems I left enough space on the inside. As for the contact, it probably should have sent me flying, so the fact that you took the worst of it seems to be attributable to R3E's wonky contact physics.
Anyway, I'm really sorry about that incident. I don't think anyone was really at fault, but I would understand if you filed a complaint and I would accept the penalty. Cheers mate.
*EDIT: forgot to make the video public...

Last edited:
Then on lap 1 I totally lost the rear on Eau Rouge for reasons unknown, slammed into the wall and trashed my gearbox and engine.
There is a pretty simple explanation for your accidents. You were driving closely behind another car which made you lose downforce at the rear, resulting in oversteer. I guess that caught you off guard because it is the exact opposite of what you would expect to happen.

I took a look at the replay and I think it's an unfortunate racing incident. I did go wide in Bruxelles but based on the replay it seems I left enough space on the inside. As for the contact, it probably should have sent me flying, so the fact that you took the worst of it seems to be attributable to R3E's wonky contact physics.
Anyway, I'm really sorry about that incident. I don't think anyone was really at fault, but I would understand if you filed a complaint and I would accept the penalty. Cheers mate.
*EDIT: forgot to make the video public...
Yeah nah, looking at it now I think it's just as you said, unfortunate. Don't think the stewards would say anything else if I reported it.
Truly wonky though, normally you'd expect that the contact would send you flying.

(...)and then destroyed Roy's race.

Well onto Nordschleife, I want to Roy to report me and I want to be penalized, I deserve the punishment. If not I'll just report myself later.
No need for that, Lorenzo. I was drifting outwards myself at the time, as I was convinced that you would go on the inside of me, and thus was "helping" in making the incident.
See you in hell, the green one :)

No need for that, Lorenzo. I was drifting outwards myself at the time, as I was convinced that you would go on the inside of me, and thus was "helping" in making the incident.
See you in hell, the green one :)
Cheers Roy, it just plain sucks, seems not only my race being derailed because of myself and then derail by complete foolishness of mine someone else's race.

Onto Nords, the good hell :p

Oh and for anyone who cares about how I got my track cut penalty, here it is:
A bit unfair if you ask me... I was watching Ismael's race and we turned the exact same way into the pit lane... I don't know why the hell I got a drive through for that, seems extremely harsh.

There is a pretty simple explanation for your accidents. You were driving closely behind another car which made you lose downforce at the rear, resulting in oversteer. I guess that caught you off guard because it is the exact opposite of what you would expect to happen.
You know, I think you may be spot on. If memory serves, when I lost it in exactly the same place on the next lap, I was also following close behind another car. Now I feel like even more of a dumb arse, because I should have thought about this!! :redface:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back