2018 RD Touring Car Championship (R3E)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put in the correct number of the vacant BMW rather than a fresh new post. Perhaps this may have been overlooked as I see no progress with my application
Hi Ken. Yes, when you edit a post, it (sadly) doesn't generate any kind of alert for people who have watched the thread. You can edit for sure, but then you also need to make a new post to say something like "Have just edited my sign-up post above: [link to post]" :thumbsup:

I am not entirely sure what to do Ken. First you sign up, then you don't sign up as you class yourself not fast enough and now you sign up again :)

You are happy to join but make sure you are fast and safe enough not to get in the way of the lapping drivers as we are entering the final stage of the season. If you aren't 100% sure and prepared then it's better not to join imo.

Hmm... why do I always end up with unofficial team mates that are so much faster than me in the same car? It does nothing for my self-esteem. :p
Well - when I am in mid-pack or at the back (quite often) sitting in my expensive RIG but still rubbish at sim racing, I tell myself, Well - someone has to be in mid-pack or at the back.

I am not entirely sure what to do Ken. First you sign up, then you don't sign up as you class yourself not fast enough and now you sign up again :)

You are happy to join but make sure you are fast and safe enough not to get in the way of the lapping drivers as we are entering the final stage of the season. If you aren't 100% sure and prepared then it's better not to join imo.
Yes, initially I wanted to go for it. SPA is a good track for me, but Nords, mmmmm, not so good. I would be in the way there. My post in question was put in as Ken Hunter decided he was going to pull out as he wasn't quick enough.
OK Bram, Sorry to mess you guys around. I would love to race but I will opt out of this one now. But I will make the league another time.

Im verry sorry, but it looks like i wont be able to borrow a wheel after all. And my bonfire of a t300 is still in france for inspection.. i will have to retire from round 5. Hope to be back for round 6. I want to thank Tobias and Robert for the great battle for 3rd. Good luck to both of you and everybody else tonight.

• Deleted member 387850

That’s a pity Anders! Hope you get sorted in time for the last round!

What the heck is going on? This is my second league race in a row when my steering suddenly changes mid-event and it's completely ruining my preparation and confidence. It happened in a different league last week and it has happened just now, but this time the change was even more severe. I couldn't even turn into the bus stop properly. Sorry guys, but I had to retire. Does anybody have an idea what can cause this? I'm really disappointed...

Last edited:
Well, what can I say? That was quite possibly the shortest race I have ever taken part in.

I did fine in practice, and fine in qualy. Then on lap 1 I totally lost the rear on Eau Rouge for reasons unknown, slammed into the wall and trashed my gearbox and engine. Still running, so I spun around and got going again. Then on lap 2, I totally lost the rear on Eau Rouge for reasons unknown, despite the fact I was trying to be careful, and slammed into the wall again! Gearbox broken, race over.

So it seems even when I'm being left alone by other racers, I end up ruining my own race instead! :cry:

All went wrong.

Practice before the race I had a good pace, but didn't save the setup (I used Ferdy's).
Then I got the timing confused. Thought practice started at 20 GMT, went to play CS:GO.

CS:GO Game ends, team tells 2 mins in qualify left, to my surprise, joined with 20 secs to go. Couldn't get the setup in time, had to make due with what I managed and then destroyed Roy's race.

Well onto Nordschleife, I want to Roy to report me and I want to be penalized, I deserve the punishment. If not I'll just report myself later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes