Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
RaceRoom DTM RDTCC.jpg

Stay tuned :inlove:

Interesting news, the modern DTM's are probably my favourite cars from Raceroom. The next decision is which year to use.

Also depends on which day of course. Would like to take part but even though I win against AI, and I do well on open servers (when they decide drive in the right direction...). I stand no chance against some of you lot! :laugh:

Maybe a ten lap sprint race, followed by a feature race? Might be entertaining.

• Deleted member 387850

Maybe a ten lap sprint race, followed by a feature race? Might be entertaining.

By far my favourite era of touring car racing was the '98 BTCC season with the “sprint race” and the “feature race” with mandatory tyre change. Brilliant format and of course it was helped by a fantastic grid that year!

PERFECT CHAMPIONSHIP - in my personal view
Cars:
DTM92
all of them, even tho Ford and Audi might trail back a bit on Merc, BMW, Opel
Touring Classics just Volvo and 635CSI, Nissan is overpowered by a long shot, think of RDGTC Camaro but with better handling(wood brakes tho) unless you pick only tight, small bumpy tracks I would avoid putting Godzilla on the list, even in decent hands it's bloody fast
Why DTM92 and TC, well I think Volvo and 635 are a must in such a championship and that will make the league/broadcast even more awesome.

Racing:
My idea I think is not suited for broadcast but here we go:
20min sprint race
First, 20min will be all adrenaline pumping, door bashing(hope not) bumper to bumper stuff, in this time people will get even more familiar with the track at race pace, get to know each other on the track and this 20min will give confidence for the semi-endu race, in my mind making from the semi-endu race another longer sprint race, as people are comfortable they will fight for longer and such..

10min break
- here we can have one, two short interviews, very light recap and hopefully the commentators would have dive into the forums and pitch some strategies that might happen in the semi-endu race, like, "I think Alex, since he knows he is harder on the tires, will try to push and make a 2 stop, on this track is good because pit straight is short" etc..

40-50-60min semi-endu race
Endu will be more on strategy and should be either reversed race 1 results or reversed Q results, personally I would go with Race 1 results as if someone has an off or had a small incident as long as he finishes he will score points and have a better chance in the Endu race, this will do two other things, 1. will make people not DNF because of points and better chance in race 2, 2. championship will still be close if one of the tittle contenders has a bad sprint race but a good Endu race.Endu race should be well tested out, pick a handful of decent drivers to test length and tire/fuel degradation on several tracks on several settings, like 2x tires and 3 x fuel or such. The testing should be to find the best solution so the settings will have an impact on strategy, I mean, in each race the 1 stop strategy and 2 stop strategy should be equally fast or very close to that, so we can increase the show and drama.

Teams:
Yes, team championship would be great and I personally think it will not be hard to achieve that even tho we don't have custom livery.
Just looked at DTM92 and TC:
-Audi has one livery but with 2 close numbers 1,2 and 44,45 so you can assign two teams, team one with 1,2 and so on
- BMW has team Bigazzi and team Schnitzel so another to simracing teams here
- Merc has 4 distinct teams, great
- Mustang has two liveries but if a team is put with Mustang, they can have the same livery and still be easy to spot, white is team X and black is team Y
- Opel has one livery so this will be limited to max on simracing team
- BMW 635 CSI has two teams but team Italia has dif livery, but we can apply here same principal as Mustang
- Volvo has one team livery and the rest Mustang principal

So I think with all this in mind teams should be a great addition.
Also, I think if somehow we can still keep it like RDGTC(which was epic fun) and maybe we can pair up some of the fast guy's with mid-pack or lower guys, so the latter learn or get more confident in their skills throughout the league would be great.
Teams should have the same car, which I presume it's logical by this point.

Championship:
Drivers&cars:

this is a difficult one, as @Bram Hengeveld pointed out some drivers can make any car be at least decent, but still, it's a very difficult choice to make, I would suggest that each driver that sign-ups should put his 3 favorite cars in order or teams should put their favorite 3 cars in order.
Example: if you give @TobiasR a Merc, BMW or even worse a Volvo(yes, Tobias I remembered how fast you were on Zandvoort in the Volvo in club event) he will walk the league(depending on talent signing up, just an example Tobias no offense please)but his teammate might not be so great in those cars at the beginning but with Tobias help, he will get decent etc...I am assuming.
Personally, I think BMW M3, Merc, Volvo, Opel(in very good hands) are fairly close, maybe a tad gap for BMW and Merc and Audi + Ford are just that little bit more behind, no matter what hands.A very good track selection should make things more equal, for Ford it's easy, Bathurst,Monza etc.. but Audi is a boat with bad brakes but very very good acceleration so I fail to think of a good track for it, maybe some more talented people or people that have more experience than me could enlight me.That is my assumption of the cars from my experience of driving them and seeing what others picked in other leagues and an average top10 Leaderboard times.
Don't know If I made much sense here :)))

Tracks:
Here the people that are testing the 2x fuel and such should test also track combo for all cars, depending on the length of the championship(hoping for at least 6 rounds) should be balanced in 2 x slow&bumpy, 2 x medium speed and 2 x fast...?
Also, we should avoid Paul Ricard or others where R3E track limits will look bad on the broadcast.
Since I presume we will have 20-30 cars, 64bit coming, the slow tracks should be decently long to avoid pileups and such, or we can go crazy ass and pick Brands Indy:))
With this cars I think iconic tracks should be picked, Bathurst, Nords VLN(will be very bad in a 20min race only 3laps or so)Imola, Monza, Norisring, Lauzits etc...

I liked the RDGTC point system but maybe some tweaking can be made, maybe the gap for top5 should be 2p and from 5th down 1p?or otherway around?
I know this might make it more difficult for admins to keep track, but maybe some bonus points for Pole, Fastest lap, both cars finishing or such?
Endu race, more points than Sprint?

Other:
Weight penalties would be AMAZING!
I presume Leaderboard Pre-qualy for reference?
hoping for Sundays 2 x race/month so I can attend or try too, if not I am available for coaching a team.
Also, I would be more than happy to help with testing.

Anyhow, sorry to but in, hope I don't upset the admins with my ideas, they are just that ideas and a personal view so don't go all raging on me:)
If you drivers like it, press agree maybe we can persuade the higher powers of RD.

Ty

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back