2018 RD Touring Car Championship (R3E)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to be penalized, I deserve the punishment
giphy.gif
:D

And what happens exactly during the race? Do you hear a disconnect sound?
There was no disconnect sound, and it happened after the practice -> qualy session change on both occasions. I didn't touch my setup, but it felt like significantly reduced steering lock or increased wheel range. Tried to quickly change both values but it didn't help. But it only occurs in MP, I've been practising offline for hours without problems.

Good race everyone.
I have to say that I HATE that pit entry... There are other places on the track where you can cut at full speed and only get a warning, but you cut the stupid pit entry doing 60kph and I get drive-through! Pfffft!
Was fun though, had some great battles before that unfortunate event... See you all at the green hell!

There was no disconnect sound, and it happened after the practice -> qualy session change on both occasions. I didn't touch my setup, but it felt like significantly reduced steering lock or increased wheel range. Tried to quickly change both values but it didn't help. But it only occurs in MP, I've been practising offline for hours without problems.
I apologise if this sounds really dumb, but are you accounting for the increased weight of the car due to a full tank of fuel? I ask because my own DNF today was due to lack of practice with a heavy car, so I was unprepared for how it felt and crashed out twice. The weight could be making you understeer, giving the impression of less steering lock.

So this was my first race in R3E online and at RD. I didn't do qualifying, purely for the reason that I'm not in the championship and I wanted to pace myself and work my way forward in the race. I had a decent start and worked my way up from 31st to 12th, only my lack of qualifying meant that I had an early pit box. Because of that, I didn't press the button to confirm in time and ended up sitting there for 10 seconds mashing buttons to try to save myself! No luck, so ended up going round and pitting again.

The rest of the race was pretty quiet and slowly reeled in the guys ahead, pretty good for me to get a good feeling for the sim.

Really enjoyed the fun factor you all bring in the TS server, can't wait for Nordy!

For some reason, i had significantly reduced FFB at the start of the race compaired to practice and qualy.
Then i was given the first pit box not giving me any time to confirm the pit, losing 2-3 seconds :mad:.
After Nords, i'm done with R3E.

Well done to @Tim O'Glock on another win, crazy pace all season! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
What wheel are you using? Don't Thrustmaster wheels dial the FFB right back if they overheat?
T500RS, i'm honestly not sure. Done a few 2 hour stints in endurance leagues with it and never had an issue. Just seems weird to me why it would do it suddenly when the wheel had only been being used for about half an hour before this.

T500RS, i'm honestly not sure. Done a few 2 hour stints in endurance leagues with it and never had an issue. Just seems weird to me why it would do it suddenly when the wheel had only been being used for about half an hour before this.
Does the T500 have a fan? On the T300 you can hit a particular button combo and it makes the fan stay on all the time, greatly reducing the operating temps and eliminating the chances of an overheat. Might be worth a try on yours if it has the same feature.

Yeah it's got a fan, which is running pretty much constantly anyway, and i can never really feel any heat coming off of it. Currently saving for an OSW so hopefully it won't be an issue soon, but i honestly doubt that it was anything to do with my wheel as it's pretty much brand new.

I apologise if this sounds really dumb, but are you accounting for the increased weight of the car due to a full tank of fuel?
Yeah, I was already struggling in qualy with low fuel. I had to turn the wheel ~180 degrees in both directions to get through the bus stop, which is very odd. I was more than a second off my "normal" pace.

My only guess is that a few weeks ago, I realized my Logitech R3E profile was still pointing to the 32-bit exe so I replaced it with the correct one. Maybe I'll remove the game specific profile and see if it helps...

Yeah it's got a fan, which is running pretty much constantly anyway, and i can never really feel any heat coming off of it. Currently saving for an OSW so hopefully it won't be an issue soon, but i honestly doubt that it was anything to do with my wheel as it's pretty much brand new.
Wouldn't bet on it... turning the fan on permanently was the very first thing I was advised to do with my brand new T300 as overheating is a known problem for TM wheels apparently. If your fan is already on a lot then it's almost certainly running hotter than it would like so having the fan on before it reaches that trigger temperature might help keep the overall temps lower.

@kedy89 I was watching the replay and it appears I knocked you off on the first lap... I didn't feel it, I'm really sorry mate :(
Yeah, pretty much ruined my race. Had to wait for the whole field to go past, and had lost about 30s once I got going again. Could fight back up to 12th in the end, but think I had the pace for a top 10...
Gutted since this was my best track in the calendar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back