1970 Alfa Romeo GTAM

Cars 1970 Alfa Romeo GTAM 1.32

Login or Register an account to download this content
Screenshot_1970_alfa_romeo_gtam_ks_nordschleife_21-9-119-15-21-40.jpg

Screenshot_1970_alfa_romeo_gtam_ks_nordschleife_21-9-119-14-48-51.jpg
Screenshot_1970_alfa_romeo_gtam_ks_nordschleife_21-9-119-15-16-58.jpg

Very nice mod. Main niggles i noticed: sound is a bit loud and perhaps distorted at high revs, the volume increase with rpm seemed a bit inconsistent but i may be wrong. When turning the wheel left there is a point where the hands act a bit funny.

I've been waiting for this car in AC for so long, thank you !. I think wheel ratio is too short. That's one of the reasons the car is so twitchy, and FFB on the hard side is another. That's my 2 cents...

I've been waiting for this car in AC for so long, thank you !. I think wheel ratio is too short. That's one of the reasons the car is so twitchy, and FFB on the hard side is another. That's my 2 cents...
I have to agree with soguku.
I've driven a Giulia GT 1300 Junior in the mid 80's and though this car was not a tuned/race-Version I can't remember that the car was that twitchy. For me your Version feels like it has balloon-tires installed on the rims.
But a your version is a well done car nevertheless:)

I found some material about this car.

The real car steering wheel seams to be kinda heavy:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/opinion/m...speed/what-its-drive-alfa-romeo-gtam-goodwood

So, point to the mod.

But, watching some videos:

If you pay attention to the driver's right glove (that appears in the corner of the screen) you can see that the car is very stable on fast straights. I tried Spa on AC and it's fells way harder than real life.

On this video we had a clear view on the driver's hands and the car fells stable.

I most have liked this mod. The GTA is my favorite racing car ever and I have high ropes for this GTAm mod. I know that AC engine is not very suited for older cars, but YET it's not felling right. Don't give up, please!

Cheers!

This is a great car, lots of great skins coming out for it, but for me , the car is completely un- drivable in a straight line. Once a slight correction is needed to keep the car in a straight line, it sets off what feels like constant 90 degree left to right turns of the wheel until it is completely out of control.
It almost feels like the steering linkage has a couple inches of play in it.
I have done the updates to fix the steering, but for me, it just cannot be driven as it is.
This is the only car I have the steering trouble with.
Hope it can get fixed, thank you.

I have the same issue as Rudyjo, that the car is a little "wormy" on the straights, difficult to keep straight, it wanders a lot. Someone else that had the same problem identified something with "bump steer" and "suspension pickup points". Is there a instruction how to correct this?
Otherwise the car is nice, but difficult to keep on track.

I have the same issue as Rudyjo, that the car is a little "wormy" on the straights, difficult to keep straight, it wanders a lot. Someone else that had the same problem identified something with "bump steer" and "suspension pickup points". Is there a instruction how to correct this?
Otherwise the car is nice, but difficult to keep on track.
You'd need to re-engineer the suspension. I'm sure the real front end has prominent bumpsteer as is typical for setups from this period but nothing like it currently is.

I suggest the mod author at some point tries to match the real geometry a bit closer. I offered some suggestions and info earlier.

<delete>
This post was about rear brake disks showing/floating on mirror (real mirrors disabled), but it's CSP related; all cars do it.

Last edited:
Pessio updated 1970 Alfa Romeo GTAM with a new update entry:

1.1 Update, better suspension geometry.

• After some feedback, decided to rework suspensions, basically, front. Redone, photomatching it to photos as much as was possibile. Worst problem was the tie rod, which i took amost identical from kunos GTA in geometry, but was in reality much much off.

• Separated the headlights so you can turn the inner lights on separately (assigned as Extra_A) ( thanks to @luathas )

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nice job. Haven't driven it, but it looks closer to what I saw on the cars. Wheel looks very negative offset and has a bit crazy scrub, but what can you do. :roflmao:

I couldn't get a good view of the UCA so it's hard to tell, but I have seen very weird stuff before in these old cars so I'll keep an open mind. Tie rod seems a bit smarter too.

The laggy tacho is very cool, how did you do that effect? Can't remember if it was there before.

EDIT:

If you search "Alfa Romeo GTA Underbody" you get some alright shots. At least considering the age of the car and how little you usually get.

https://uploads.carandclassic.co.uk/uploads/cars/alfa_romeo/10222275.jpg

https://www.pinterest.com/sully67/alfa-restoration-details/

Last edited:
Yeah, i read somewhere that had a crazy scrub IRL, like something related to tie rods in front of axle.
laggy tacho is a CSP effect which u can customize in "extention" file, u can find it if u look at the ini file.
CSP can do so many crazy tricks, only sad thing is there is no official guide about it

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back