1970 Alfa Romeo GTAM

Cars 1970 Alfa Romeo GTAM 1.32

Login or Register an account to download this content
Pessio submitted a new resource:

1970 Alfa Romeo GTAM - 1970 Alfa Romeo GTAM

I'm really happy to bring you my last creature.
The Alfa Romeo Giulia GT 1750 GTAM.
Built to replace GTA in 1970 ETCC, the GTAM was bigger, wilder, and a lot faster. Not by chance won that year's championship.
From 220 to 240 hp of brutal "biscione" power, transferred to tarmac by huge Firestone racing tires.

Built totally from scratch, (almost) full animated suspensions, real suspensions geometry, actually quite same as GTA, but with a different way to mimic the "slittone"...

Read more about this resource...

Stunning work. I noticed that the tyres heat up extremely quickly, roughly 45 seconds after driving they are at optimum temps although perhaps I am misunderstanding something.

Great work!
The only problem I have is "Loose Steering", car is hard to keep in a straight line without constant steering corrections. It wants to wander from one side of a long straight to the other, almost like steering bushings are very worn out. Maybe it's my steering wheel, but I don't seem to have this problem with any other car.
Thanks

Love the car and have enjoyed a few offline races already - thank you!

However, I play in VR and had to reduce number of cars to avoid low framerate. I can normally run at least 20 cars with my hardware but it really struggled with this car. Are there known issues / plans to optimise the model, LODs, etc?

GTAm-1750-4.jpg

Created with Alfa Romeo technical specifications and original Autodelta card

Love the car and have enjoyed a few offline races already - thank you!

However, I play in VR and had to reduce number of cars to avoid low framerate. I can normally run at least 20 cars with my hardware but it really struggled with this car. Are there known issues / plans to optimise the model, LODs, etc?
If you aren't doing so already you might gain a bit of performance with 2K skins. I run VR and always go with 2K myself. Unless looking up close at a skin or taking photos the difference shouldn't be that noticeable :thumbsup:

If you aren't doing so already you might gain a bit of performance with 2K skins. I run VR and always go with 2K myself. Unless looking up close at a skin or taking photos the difference shouldn't be that noticeable :thumbsup:

Yep, meant to say that I had already used 2K skins by replacing the default skins with the '2K' folder. Not a huge problem but would ideally like to run full grids - will maybe just have to lower a few settings to see if it helps without compromising IQ too much.

Can I say you are like a train!? A 'Crazy Train' (is that you Ozzy!?), ahahah! Wonderful work, really, what a beauty... to think this is "just" a beta, Jesus!
As Rudyjo says (#3), is indeed a bit difficult to keep the car completely straight, however for me (G29) not as serious as Rudyjo has mentioned above.

Created with Alfa Romeo technical specifications and original Autodelta card

Also (if I may ask), I don't get it but are you two working together?

Awesome work! You keep impressing with each new car.

I have to chime in about the handling. The actual handling of the chassis is fine, and the GTAm was a challenging car to drive so I'm fine with that. It's the steering input that is a tad too sensitive, and quite twitchy near the center. Not nearly as bad as some mods (heck, some of the early the Kunos cars were very twitchy), but enough to be a handful when driving without force feedback. I noticed that a tight, low-speed turn only takes about half, or even a third of the lock required on the Kunos GTA. So, maybe it just needs to be a tiny bit heavier on the wheel?

Thx for the update, the car feels much more predictable after it. But there's a slight problem, the FFB got really strong, making the car really hard to use. Apart from that, everything's okay, but a bit more of refinement on the sound would be nice. However, I understand you created all from scratch yourself, so congrats!

Pessio there seem to be some extra files in some of the skin folders. I just downloaded the new version and dropped the 2K skins in and noticed some of the folders are around 30mb rather than under 10mb.

Edit:
Ahh I see now, they are fixes. You are too polite. You should have got me to tweak them or send you the psd files :D

Edit Mk2:
I also see they are in the 4K only. Note to 2K skin users, delete the 4K skin folders rather than overwriting them.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 119 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.9%
  • < 5 years