1970 Alfa Romeo GTAM

Cars 1970 Alfa Romeo GTAM 1.32

Login or Register an account to download this content
Can you please fix the turn signals? Everytime i turn the car with the keyboard (even a slight tap), they light up; same goes when i brake

problem virtual tyres no sync in 3D model

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1568803010.png
    __custom_showroom_1568803010.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 296
problem virtual tyres no sync in 3D model
It's on purpose, i had to mimic really negative offset rims, and this is a good way to show real steering travel of front tires. The pivot point of tires is not centered, but internal.

Can you please fix the turn signals? Everytime i turn the car with the keyboard (even a slight tap), they light up; same goes when i brake
Isn't a problem of car i suppose, but i'll check it.

Iirc there was a bug with rimoffset not showing up graphically correctly in the suspensions app inside the game (I don't know if cm shows it correctly) but physics wise you just add the rim offset to the suspension pivot points to move the wheel inwards or outwards. Or use the rim_offset parameter. There is no reason to mimic anything.

Many thanks for this amazing work:). For me just a problem : I have some difficulties in handling the car, the direction does not seem precise. There are hard points and soft spots in the steering wheel.

Why the hell would you make the track so much narrower than it should be when you can just simply adjust the RIM_OFFSET and track width, and it will do it properly.

When you make the track narrower or wider, you stretch the subframes. Rim offset does the whole thing correctly by applying a value to the geometry coordinates, so when you change track width, it will remain where it should be.

For example TRACK=1.400 with
RIM_OFFSET=0.050

You want to go to 0 offset rims, or install 50mm spacers:

1.400 + (2x 0.050) = 1.500

TRACK=1.500 ;1.400original

RIM_OFFSET=0.000 ;0.050original
;50mm spacer/ET00

Hi. First of all, this mod is absolutely fantastic. It's by far my new favorite car. I did notice though, that it has a lot of bump steer, causing instability on the straights. I noticed when looking through the suspension modeling in the Content Manager showroom that the suspension pickup points in the data (mostly the tie rod) and the modelled 3d tie rods don't match. The front tie rod is too high up and angled oddly. which will cause the bumpsteer. I just wasn't sure if this is how it was historically, or just a data glitch

Why the hell would you make the track so much narrower than it should be when you can just simply adjust the RIM_OFFSET and track width, and it will do it properly.

When you make the track narrower or wider, you stretch the subframes. Rim offset does the whole thing correctly by applying a value to the geometry coordinates, so when you change track width, it will remain where it should be.

For example TRACK=1.400 with
RIM_OFFSET=0.050

You want to go to 0 offset rims, or install 50mm spacers:

1.400 + (2x 0.050) = 1.500

TRACK=1.500 ;1.400original

RIM_OFFSET=0.000 ;0.050original
;50mm spacer/ET00

Thanks. Let me explain better, cause cm showroom can show things wrong.
Actually, track width is correct, no cheating with it, so all the "system" is good. I initially cheated with pivot position of tires, makin it really internal ( Stupid move, but now i had to change it in all models, lods) To reposition then the tires correctly, i had to use [GRAPHICS_OFFSETS]. This paremeter, badly, moves even the tire "dummies" in cm showroom. That's why the tires are so internal in showroom, but, actually, phisics wise, are in the correct position, u can even check it with skidmarks on tarmac.

I took a look, and you're right, tires correspond to 3D.

However the lower balljoint and I would guess the entire suspension assembly is probably too outwards. It doesn't mean much, but the balljoint is on the outside of the brake disc visually. Probably by 50mm or so. Also the tie rod is at an extremely strange angle and also on the wrong side of the brake disc heightwise. I've only ever found images of the tie rod joint being under the center of the brake disc, not above.

Seems you need to be a bit more careful with the geometry. If the SAI is correct, and tie rods are correct, and scrub is correct, it will steer correctly.

Something like this. I don't think this is the EXACT same car but I bet it is similar in geometry, with the same parts just modified.

AlfaeditforRD1.jpg
AlfaeditforRD2.jpg
AlfaeditforRD3.jpg

UCA is unknown to me, I've never got a good look nor could I find one now.

I took a look, and you're right, tires correspond to 3D.

However the lower balljoint and I would guess the entire suspension assembly is probably too outwards. It doesn't mean much, but the balljoint is on the outside of the brake disc visually. Probably by 50mm or so. Also the tie rod is at an extremely strange angle and also on the wrong side of the brake disc heightwise. I've only ever found images of the tie rod joint being under the center of the brake disc, not above.

Seems you need to be a bit more careful with the geometry. If the SAI is correct, and tie rods are correct, and scrub is correct, it will steer correctly.

when speakin about tie rod, wich one? the one in 3d model or in ini geometry?

ook, sorry, i'm not a english speaking man so, please forgive me, in my real mini there are also tie rods not for the steer, so i was a bit confused

I suggest you do a photomatching best you can to get a more accurate idea. I think in this small time, even I would have a problem to make it accurate. :roflmao:

And yes, most KS suspensions are more or less off.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back