1970 Alfa Romeo GTAM

Cars 1970 Alfa Romeo GTAM 1.32

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for the update, the new sound is much improved. I know this is bridging over into CSP territory but for me the headlights no longer cast any light and I'm not sure looking at the included config what the issue is. The brake lights do cast light. Can anyone else confirm if they have the issue?
Yeah, the same thing with the headlights. We are waiting for a decision.

52819601_147271069622131_5635768764831105024_n.jpg

From p245 and upwards headlights cast light are using the COLOR value on the [EMISSIVE_LIGHT_x] set as headlights instead of [LIGHT_HEADLIGHT_x] or [LIGHT_HEADLIGHTS] (as in previous versions).

A solution for now is to raise values for the headlight reflector.
Something like the following is a workaround for the included config (lines 516-526):
Code:
[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_0]     

NAME=reflectors                ; headlight reflector

COLOR=20,18,9,30                ; originally 20,18,9,0.5, alt 1,0.8,0.4,600

SIMULATE_HEATING=0

ACT_AS_HEADLIGHTS=1

LAG=0.9
(only the COLOR line was edited)

edit: added old values for headlights tone as alt on comment.

Last edited:
From p245 and upwards headlights cast light are using the COLOR value on the [EMISSIVE_LIGHT_x] set as headlights instead of [LIGHT_HEADLIGHT_x] or [LIGHT_HEADLIGHTS] (as in previous versions).

A solution for now is to raise values for the headlight reflector.
Something like the following is a workaround for the included config:
Code:
[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_0]      

NAME=reflectors                ; headlight reflector

COLOR=20,18,9,30               ; originally 20,18,9,0.5

SIMULATE_HEATING=0

ACT_AS_HEADLIGHTS=1

LAG=0.9
(only the COLOR line was edited)
Thanks, it worked.

Attachments

• Screenshot_alfa_romeo_gtam_tmm_lausitzring_19-12-119-16-53-58.jpg
    Screenshot_alfa_romeo_gtam_tmm_lausitzring_19-12-119-16-53-58.jpg
    662.2 KB · Views: 172
Just a curiosity: What kind of tires you are simulating?

I ask that because I found the same model of GTAm on a very good historic pack (the Touring Classics, by Bazza) alongside very well modeled cars. But your car is more convincing than his... the problem is, despite it (your car) had a more realistic overall behavior, it suffer on the grip... but it is more realistic at your favor... so I am questioning your mod to try to better understand the other mod, that I'm believing that the folk reproduced modern tires on that (what should be fine because these cars are still being used on racing), but it's aways better to know what folks are simulating on their tires.

And a request: Can you add on your mod the option to use modern tires? It could be very fine. It should be better if you put two different versions of the car, one only with historic tires and other with modern, so all the AI drivers race with the same.

Cheers!

I ask that because I found the same model of GTAm on a very good historic pack (the Touring Classics, by Bazza) alongside very well modeled cars. But your car is more convincing than his... the problem is, despite it (your car) had a more realistic overall behavior
The mod is pretty bad overall. Ripped models, missing animatios etc. Most of the cars behave off, so yeah...

Ok ok calm down friends!
I have tried bazza&co mods. You can judge good or bad, i actually had fun driving some gt cars, like the pantera, i downloaded it to compare it with mine. Was fun, but not a 70s car at all. Was like a modern gt car. Not to mention the model was so so and lot of content is ripped. One can argue with the phisic quality, but well, ripped content is ripped content. And is not good.

About my gtam, @Jugulador, i can t make modern tyres without changing suspensions. The setup will be totally off with super grippy tyres

About my gtam, @Jugulador, i can t make modern tyres without changing suspensions. The setup will be totally off with super grippy tyres
The modern tyres actually used on those historic races are not super grippy... they are made to perform "close" to the originals...but in racing close = far lol.

If I search for some tech info, are you willing to test it's viability on your mod?

I only tested two of those cars (from the TC mod) on RL... the Mini and the Mustang 289 and their behave felt very convincing. I can't judge about the ripping and etc, but Pessio's GTAm panel looks better.

But his Pantera (another car that I drove in RL) is very off... the real one is very sensitive on inputs, while the Bazza's is to much forgiving... but the Pantera is a garagist dream and I really don't know how much the one I drove and the one he used as reference were far from the original or each other. Most of his Trans-AM cars nailed it. His GTAm fells off, but I never drove a real one on a racing track to know better (only the GTA, that is very close to Kunos model, despite they used road tyres on their model... same sin they committed with the 255GTO).

PS: Does anyone know if I can use CM to swap tyres in a vanilla car to ones used in a mod? I really want to give that 255GTO a new breath lol

The issue with Bazza's mods (the physics) is that he puts together on the same pack cars too much different on performance and tries to artificially equalize them.

Well... The bazza s mini is actually mine. But at least, asked me.
That's why I mixed them on the same trackday and they were so equal on times and visuals :roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao:

Well... I don't know what bases you used to do that Mini, but it behaves very like the real thing... congratulations and I need to rate it with a 5/5.

PS: I'm very off when it comes to remember who made whats mod... but I recent discovered how to see on ones profile what content he posted and I'm downloading your Pantera, because it's one of my favorite cars ever.

Cheers!

Hello @Pessio

A really nice car ! :thumbsup:

But I have a question about why your car should not work for some, as already mentioned in 2 other messages.
We have a same case at our league ... and we cannot find the reason why even after we tried to solve his problem.

We have it in a mixed cars championship and only 1 driver encounters this problem.
Might the reason be that your car needs a special DLC that he shouldn't have ?

As most of us have all DLCs ... I only imagine that it might be the only reason left. ;)

EDIT: no answer needed any longer ... that was the reason, as it now works when this driver got all DLC.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back