WRC 8 Mods

WRC8 WRC 8 Mods v11.0 = DRIVERS EDITION = (EPIC STORE)

Login or Register an account to download this content
Big update today v4.0 - Only for game version 1.3.0

It can be installed over top of previous versions of my mods
:thumbsup:

Rebuilt the mod installer:
I have tried to make it as simple to use as possible as some people were having difficulty getting things to work.
The installer now wont progress until you have selected the correct game directory.
The installer should now remember where your WRC 8 game directory is so you wont have to locate it each time.
Installer now has a dark theme and is larger and easier to read, helpful for those who run higher resolution monitors.
Installer now has less pages and less button clicks to get things done faster.
Added a "Read Me" button to the installer in the mods selection menu.

Quick overview of some new additions:
Updated read me.txt in .rar with more instructions related to installation and restoring game.
Physics Mod: v.4 ( 3 versions, Arcade, Sim-Cade, Sim-PLUS ) ( Force feedback wheel users will love it. )
Physics Mod: Each v.4 mod has only 3 settings now A, B, C.
Physics Mod: Super Arcade Mod
Physics Mod: CrAzY mOd 1 & 2 ( try them ) :laugh:
Force Feedback Mods
Damage Mod
Camera Tweaks Mod
Post Process Mods
Higher Quality Graphics Mod: Added Very High in game setting for sharpen and blur
User Settings File Mods: New Enhanced motion blur mod, much smoother than default. Great in replays.
ReShade: 10 presets
Cheat Mod: No Damage
Cheat Mod: Repairs cost 0 and use no time.
Updated in game credits menu
And probably many more tweaks here and there...

As always read the complete included "read me" file for all the info about the mods.

Please report back bugs, suggestions, or even pm me your own mods for me to add to the installer. ;)

Last edited:
Good stuff but got stuttering with the graphics mods, which somehow was making my cpu spike though GPU was below 50% load. Can you explain the difference between simcade and simplus? I just tried and I cant seem to quantify it.

Argentina, short stage fine, next stage 1 min it, suspension damage. I wasn't pushing it, a second behind first and no crashes. Running simplus B.
Ugh, I guess I will have to run with the no damage hack or maybe this would still happen with stock? How is a rally car damaging it's suspension driving over bumps as normal... I sometimes hate this over realism, like glare too and the freaking puddles are stupid. The invisible ones at corsica/monaco can make your car jump literally and lose control. No f'n way that's realistic. I never once hydroplaned and jumped upward in my 20+ years of driving with some race experience (one in the rain).

Also, is there a way to get rid of the sun glare? I hate that along with the huge halos. In real life when I'm driving at the sun, I have a visor or my hand to block the light. I hate when games simulate old people's eyes that can't focus in the light... thats why bloom, god rays, and motion blur are always off in every game I play LOL

Last edited:
Difference between Cade and PLUS is PLUS has less gravity than CADE, less grip and the vehicles have more angular momentum, double the standard game.

Suspension still breaking hmm. Its the extra gravity. I thought i had fixed that. Ill see what i can do. Thanks.

Sun glare can be modded to remove it or reduce it. I'll get onto it.

Thanks for the clarification.
I was using 5 setting in default, but differentials changed and aero 9.
I just restarted stage 2 with the no damage mod and somehow it came up again ODD...
The worst thing is that one of the front wheels loses damping or springs and then it understeers badly. Ugh I wonder if I should just lift the car up and run softer suspension next time.

What would you say is closer to real life WRC physics? Challenging doesn't always mean realistic. I hated rfactor1 physics though it was called a sim. I was told to "git gud" when I complained at how the rear end would snap out and not be recoverable, even if TC was on...
Then I discovered Assetto Corsa which lets you control a slide- which to me is more realistic based on my past experience. Sadly Assetto Corsa Competizione feels like it has canned physics compared to AC1. It's like comparing DR2 to WRC8. DR2 feels like the car is following a preset reaction model.

Last edited:
AgentHeX 0007 updated WRC 8 Mods with a new update entry:

Added Physics Mod v.4 Default-PLUS

Added Physics Mod v.4 Default-PLUS

Physics Mod v.4: (Default-PLUS) - Recommended if you play with damage on.

⦁ Default Main Gravity
⦁ Adjusts Tyre Friction
⦁ Adjusts Angular Momentum
⦁ Adjusts Angular Damping
⦁ Adjusts Centre of Gravity

Due to feedback, I have added this Mod. It keeps the games default main gravity but enhances the cars handling and adds the better felling of the steering wheel for force feedback...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Hello.
This MOD is great. Could you make a light mod addon? Standard lights are horrible. Front light don't have a flash reflex in night . Rear light candle is poorly.

Can you PLEASE make few changes, test it, and THEN update, this is getting ridiculous, updating every few hours.
Please.

@Kamiklaasie advised of a problem so i fixed it straight away.

robnitro asked for a "no lense flare mod" i had it made and put into the installer within the hour.

Due to the difficult nature in modding this game I have spent many weeks and 100's of hours making all of the mods and the installer, instructions etc. trying to make it as easy as possible for people to mod the game, and with a small download size. The Mod installer has over 800 lines of code and the mod project folder has 769 files and 127 folders, mistakes can happen. :laugh:

Last edited:
I know I know, sorry... I was just saying... that maybe you can wait for a 2-3 bug reports (and some of your own ideas that will maybe come in meantime) and then update, this is getting confusing. Updating after every small bug report. It's not easy for you too, you said it for yourself. :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea