WRC 8 Mods

WRC8 WRC 8 Mods v11.0 = DRIVERS EDITION = (EPIC STORE)

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yes!even though all wrc have 380bhp, they dont have the same torque and not in thé same rpm. That's why the C3 for example seems a bit lazy in middle range.
On V10, power is on wheel whereas before it was on engine. With flywheel and transmission loss, the wrc have around 40bhp less than they should have.
Normally you should ear the wastegate and the dumpvalve also.

I share with you a video on tarmac with some works:
- losses on flywheel and transmission
- new centre of mass
- new suspensions settings
- new setup on tires
- new sound on WRC

Awesome, car now seems to have some weight instead of a paper model. Just don’t get it why KT not applying similar things for this game.

I've made a request on kyloton's contact form in https://www.kylotonn.com/en/contact-us/
stating that there is a market and developer comminity making their earning on the dashboards as well.
Just wondering how they listen the community, never witnessed they are keeping an eye on players' requests btw.

They are fully aware.

Hello everyone, I'm Benjamin, Community Manager on WRC 8 at Nacon. We wanted to make a statement regarding the use of mods in our game.

We understand that some of you genuinely want to improve their game experience by testing new things in WRC 8. Your mods also help us at Nacon and Kylotonn to understand what could be updated and modified in the future so that a larger audience would enjoy the WRC games.

However, we want to make it clear that the use of mods on the esports scene is strictly forbidden for obvious ethical and fair-play reasons. If we see that someone has used this or another mod to improve the physics and handling of his/her car we will immediately take action by banning the account from the game. We won't accept any suspicious behaviour at all.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

They are fully aware.
Yeah I have sent dozens of crash reports with explanations and my email and no feedback for months. Tried everything and keep getting crashes randomly just in the middle of the run. And they are now left WRC 8 behind to move on WRC 9. This is just ridiculuous and disrespectful.

Last edited:
Excellent question.

The answer is, Yes, In the default game the developers were very very lazy. ;)

Example. They made folders and files for all of the WRC1 cars, but then did not populate them with any values. :confused:

All of the cars share a base file, so yes Fiesta, Yaris, C3, i20 are all identical to each other, Though for some reason the C3 gravel setup has a strange centre of gravity which could be an error on the developers side.

The same is also true for all of the WRC2 cars, all are identical to each other except for a few tiny suspension differences.

So in each class the only difference is the skin and the sounds. They probably did this so that all cars in each class perform the same in esports.

The good news is that Ced on here is busy creating performance profiles for each car.

Sorry for my google english.
Surely the thing is wanted because it allows those who play online to have the same chance of winning even by choosing different cars.
I only play offline, so I don't know how online esport races are organized, if they all have the same gameplaysettings ( ex real damages, abs on..)and if they make a difference if one plays with the steering wheel or the joystick, or the PC and the PS4 ... it is clear that kylotonn would have more difficulties to manage an online championship if the cars had different performances (which we want ...).
Moreover, I am in favor of having an even more simulative singleplayer, with a real system of damage (also visible ..) and physics even closer to reality (Assetto corsa?).

It should be seen, however, whether Benjamin (community manager at Nacon) or the team of kylotonn programmers are able to improve their product (which I certainly think is better than dirt rally 2). For now, let's wait for them to correct the big mistakes from the beginning: (I'm not asking for improvements for now ... )

1) peripheral recognition (I have a thrustmaster t300rs with th8A-brake- and th8rs gearbox and a controller for sequential gearbox .... THEY DO NOT WORK FOR PERIPHERAL CONFLICTS !!!
P.Š. the steering wheel alone shows no signs of life during the ffb test (but works in the game) ..

2) THERE ARE NO ENOUGH SLOTS to save the various car setups !!!

3)You can't go on with the xp !!!(max xp50...)..

Many thanks all modders!:D:D:D:D:D

ATTENTION guys, WRC 8 has just updated to v1.6.3.

Hope your almost finished mod fits with this version too :)

My crash issues not seolved anyway, where to find patch notes for WRC8 v1.6.3?

Last edited:
Very nice compilation of mods. The game looks and feels much better. Thank you!

Edit: Been playing with it for a few hours now and I can't thank you guys enough.

The force feedback, the physics (using Sim-PLUS+ /w brakes mod), everything feels just so much better; it's incredibly fun to drive.

Looking forward to v10, will try out Ced's performance mod then. :)

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 115 87.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 40 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 48 36.6%