VWSR S1: Virtual World Series by Renault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn;t the best day for me as well... Started out this morning, which ruined my schedule for the day. Was home late, which took away the last practice moment I had.

Missed the first part of qualy, but managed to put out a timed lap. Still was 17th I believe, so it did not matter that much ;)

Race started, and I managed to stay clear of the problems until we came out of the first set of corners. Me and i believe Mike had some contact, and both went off. I waited a bit, but when I saw him disappear from the radar, I started driving again. Spun on the last corner before the finish because I pushed way to hard for the cold tyres, hit the wall, and thats it.

To bad, was looking forward to it.....

Remco im so sorry, I seen you coming and lost the back end and spun in front of you, 2nd contact i was thinking to myself Stuart out his bloodly way I slowed down after the corner thinking you would pass me, but nope you ran into my arse and was my fault.

Well done Jan on the win

I must say even tho i am slow atm that was the best track so far.

Gj all, not like I have anthing to do with the top positions but it kinda frustrating when you drive ok and go for pit and your spot is busy. There must be some solution for this.
Anyway I had an fun race could had made some better driving at some points but overall Im satisfied.

Qualified in 2’nd place after all sorts of trouble getting a decent lap down. I think I manage to climb from 8’th or so to2’nd in the very last minute.
During all sessions I had a lot of trouble being disconnected, especially between every session change, so I was sure that I was about to be DC before the start also.

The start went well and Remco kept his P1 into T1/T2, and all that I saw in the mirror went through nicely. :thumbsup:

Somewhere around lap 10-15 I suddenly began to close in again and I was hoping Remco might had some problems, but then Hugo G started to close in fast behind me and that changed my focus away from the P1 chase.

Then Remco had some problems (with a back marker I guess) and spun and I now was in P1 but with Hugo and Remco close behind and they both feelt faster than me.

Both cars behind pitted one lap earlier than me, and then after I had taken my stop I was surprised to se me back in P1 and no Remco or Hugo close behind…. (I guess you both had some trouble in the pits ?)

The rest of the race was just to keep an eye on the lap times and make sure the guys behind did not close in too much so they and do steady laps without mistakes.

Finished in P1 :geek:

Great racing all, and thanks again Marco for all your work :)

I'm sorry I missed the race. Lately my sleep pattern is all over the place and I made the mistake of staying awake for nearly 2 days prior to this race. I went to bed 8 hours before the race start but then slept for 17 hours!! It's now 2AM and I'm wide awake :-(

@stuart: Eventually my best was a 1:16.276. The AI was in low 13's.

Well, I had a great time on this track, I just love it. :p

My best time was a 1:14.2, but I could not get near that time at all during this whole event.

My start was terrible, I couldn' see the lights go green. I lost 2 spots right away and was behind Claes for some laps. I made mistakes here and there but could stay out of trouble, but lost everytime a couple of seconds. Half way the race I had to pit and drove almost 1 lap to long (My fuel went from 1 liter to 0 when I entered the pit :rolleyes:). After the pit stop I dropped into 5th with Jeff closing fast . We had some nice battle. I could break later at the end of the straight, so when he passed me I could out break him on the ouside and get back into 5th. After 2 times(?) I outbreaked myself as I was watching Jeff instead of my break marker. Was into 6th now. A few laps later he made a mistake in T1/T2 and I could pass him again. A few laps later I was chatting with Claes and asked how long we still had to run. The same time the remaining time popped up and made me miss the apex of the corner which leads unto the long straight and Jeff waved goodbye flashing his lights. Back in 6th where I would stay til the finish. :D

Marco thank you for the great organisation. I love theses series. :)

Remco im so sorry, I seen you coming and lost the back end and spun in front of you, 2nd contact i was thinking to myself Stuart out his bloodly way I slowed down after the corner thinking you would pass me, but nope you ran into my arse and was my fault.

No worries Stuart, although I really thought you had something against me :D, 3 times in the way which cost me first place.
Be a bit more carefull next time choosing which side of the track you go to make place, if I choose left, please take the right side and not the left side also, you did this twice ;)
All good tho, so no worries :)

Had a good race, was a bit lonely till Stuart collected me, so back to 3rd. I was quicker then Hugo and Jan and was hoping for a good stop to gain some. With the contact I had with Stu, I had to do damage repair which cost me an additional 18 sec. Coming out of the pit Jan had a 13 sec gap, could close that to 7 sec after a few laps and was fully pushing to catch Jan towards the end of the race. Then I met Stu again :p Gap back to 12 seconds and just settled down to take 2nd place.

Grats with the win Jan!

Cya in Japan :)

Difficult question to answer with yes or no....

For this specific championship, we only have 4 rounds. With so little races, I find it not to be a good idea to discard results from 1 race. To little events for that.

In future championships, with more rounds, we probably will use that. Not just for work obligations, but also so you can discard 1 bad result, like we do now in the RDTCC.

So it really depends on the format of the championship.

I had a great time. My start was bad when I accidently click the paddle twice and ended up in 3rd gear instead of 2nd, then I lost more time in the first corner when i got sqeezed inside and went right over the curbing there and nearly lost the car. Then I spun on maybe 2nd or 3rd lap aswell. After that I had quite a ways to go being very low down the order, but I refocused and worked my way back up to 10th, through the pits I moved up to 6th, and could of moved to 5th but forgot to turn damage off and lost 14 seconds.

The second stint was pretty boring at first as I slowly caught stefan, but then I had a great battle with him. I was faster on the straights, but he could outbreak me into the corner. I couldn't get pass him anywhere else as my tires were majorly falling off by this time. Eventually he broke a little to late and I managed to get inside of him only to spin a lap later myself and have to catch him all over again. I managed to get passed a second time, but it was great fun battling him. Can't wait for japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back