VWSR S1: Virtual World Series by Renault

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a problem. I have updated to V12 but the server remains 'greyed' out. I have no idea how to resolve this? I see no sign of a track file suggesting Palm Beach.

It is mentioned above that a GT mod was needed? Without clarification I have no idea what this GT mod is?

Do you have the GT mod installed?
The track is from the GT Mod, so if you have that (which I assumed most have), you have the track as well.

Nope, i am totally new to RF2 and have only the Megane mod installed so far.
If you could point me to the correct GT mod i can for sure install it, otherwise i guess i need a separate track or ..... ?

I am sorry that I did not mention more details about the GT mod. I figured most have that one installed already.

The GT mod can be downloaded here -> CLICK.

Put the file in the Packages foler, and install. You will get 2 Nissans, a GTR (GT1), and a 370z (GT4). Also, you get Palm Beach. A real nice track.
If there are any problems, let me know!

Good to hear Palm Beach is received well! It was a hard decision to make last minute, but I really feel it's the only right thing to do. To bad all the practice on Snetterton was for nothing...

Open your mod manager and check for the presence of the following items:

- Mods:
GT World Endurance v1.0 (Installed = Yes)
RACEDEPARTMENT World Series by Renault Season 0 v1.2 (Installed = Yes)

- Components (UNCheck the Show mods only option)
Searspoint v1.3
Mod Ohio
Snetterton 0.71
Fuji 1.0
Palm Beach 1.0

If you have all those installed, and you still can not join, open the Offline version of the game
Select the RDWSR series
Select a car (no matter if it's your own)
Select a track (do NOT select Snetterton here)
Join the race
Quit the game
Open the multiplayer
Check again.

Also, there is one bug in the multiplayer listing. If you click on the server, it COULD be that the server itself is grey, but the JOIN button is avaiblabe. If thats the case, click the JOIN button, and enter the password. Then you should be fine.

Let me know if you still have issues after trying and verifieing this.

Ok, so you have now 1.1 installed.

Try to re-set your packages folder to the correct folder. Go to the FILE menu, and select Set packages folder. Now browse to the correct folder
There should appear a little asterix (*) on the left side of the mod name. Right click on the mod, and select update.

You should have 1,2 now.

Marco, at this stage i will be withdrawing from this league completely.
Every time i have to do all these updates and changes, for every race, i battle to no end to get it working. I download from the links that are posted and after installing them, they don't want to work thru rfactor 2 mod manager. (Maybe my version of rfactor 2 is corrupt)
You on the other hand, go out of your way to get this league to run smoothly and all your efforts are greatly appreciated by me, but the frustration i go thru to get all these updates and what have you to work, is just too much....

Thank you again for all your efforts...:)

Marco, at this stage i will be withdrawing from this league completely.
Every time i have to do all these updates and changes, for every race, i battle to no end to get it working. I download from the links that are posted and after installing them, they don't want to work thru rfactor 2 mod manager. (Maybe my version of rfactor 2 is corrupt)
You on the other hand, go out of your way to get this league to run smoothly and all your efforts are greatly appreciated by me, but the frustration i go thru to get all these updates and what have you to work, is just too much....

Thank you again for all your efforts...:)

Ken if he can help me out with all this belive me you will be ok, Let Marco wave his magic wand and come back from the fountain of Knowledge, We will all be better for it, remember these guys are supporting a beta product and are helping people like myself who have never done this before or raced on the tracks (in my case) Stick with it as it will come good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 71 29.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 49 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 51 21.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 30 12.4%