Cars VRC American Racing Championship

I've just recently spotted a problem with the Chevrette with the LOD from about 20 or 30 metres ahead (this problem wasn't there before so this may well be a CSP issue). In the photos attached you can see there's a red bar on the underside of the Chevrette. That's from two different tracks. I'm I the only one to have this problem? Any idea how to fix it?

(this car is, BTW, one of the very best in AC :) )

Attachments

• IMG_1358.jpg
    IMG_1358.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1359.jpg
    IMG_1359.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 171
right
Why a C7r? Why Road America and why at night?
I was using R America already with another car today - it was all fine.
After a second thought, it might be another usa track. Maybe portland... but it was definitely c7r and at night. Why c7r? I am yet to see it on another car. Why night? So you can see the glorious glow of c7r's inner workings that can be seen from behind. Goddamn everything was glowing bright. I wish i took a screen (in bed now)

I've just recently spotted a problem with the Chevrette with the LOD from about 20 or 30 metres ahead (this problem wasn't there before so this may well be a CSP issue). In the photos attached you can see there's a red bar on the underside of the Chevrette. That's from two different tracks. I'm I the only one to have this problem? Any idea how to fix it?

(this car is, BTW, one of the very best in AC :) )

Thank you for reporting that. It totally seems like something caused by CSP... for the time being I wasn't able to reproduce your problem, but we will research on it.

After a second thought, it might be another usa track. Maybe portland... but it was definitely c7r and at night. Why c7r? I am yet to see it on another car. Why night? So you can see the glorious glow of c7r's inner workings that can be seen from behind. Goddamn everything was glowing bright. I wish i took a screen (in bed now)
OK
I saw it mentioned on a thread somewhere about the C7R appearing to glow. There was a picture too, but it didn't look like the issue I'm seeing. I'll have a check anyway.

Thank you for reporting that. It totally seems like something caused by CSP... for the time being I wasn't able to reproduce your problem, but we will research on it.
Thanks for the reply. I guess it is CSP related. This problem certainly didn't exist until recently, and I've used the Chevrette a lot since it was released.

I've done a few tests with Kunos cars and other VRC cars.

I'm only seeing this problem with the Chevrette (with, I guess, lod B and C or lod C and D, or just one lod).

I'm usually using CSP 1.46 but to test I rolled CSP back to preview 140 and the problem was no longer there (but I have a red sky). I updated to 1.51 and the red underside problem was again visible.

There you go.

EDIT: and just to make things more complicated: the problem isn't always apparent. At some points driving round a track the red thing may disappear.

Last edited:

I'm only seeing this problem with the Chevrette (with, I guess, lod B and C or lod C and D, or just one lod).

I'm usually using CSP 1.46 but to test I rolled CSP back to preview 140 and the problem was no longer there (but I have a red sky). I updated to 1.51 and the red underside problem was again visible.

There you go.

EDIT: and just to make things more complicated: the problem isn't always apparent. At some points driving round a track the red thing may disappear.
Thank you for all the information, we will research on that ;)

96513287_1271942583197161_1732635471298691072_o.jpg

96721768_1271942399863846_4655691050751361024_o.png

96551123_1271054636619289_4805761649069785088_o.jpg

95785123_1271054663285953_3682677539966287872_o.jpg

Edit: My issue was caused by old configs left over made by @Xela1 and @M4MKey Many thanks to @AlleyViper for helping me find the issue.
If you have glowing exhausts, just delete the glowing exhaust related lines from the ext_config.ini located in the respective cars' folder. That solves it.

Last edited:
OT: Please go back to 0.1.46 to see if it still occurs, if it doesn't, then slowly go up in csp version to see where it started to happen. If at that csp version there's nothing about it on the changelog that would hint to a required change in configs, then submit a report.

OT: Please go back to 0.1.46 to see if it still occurs, if it doesn't, then slowly go up in csp version to see where it started to happen. If at that csp version there's nothing about it on the changelog that would hint to a required change in configs, then submit a report.
Rusty says it's been broken since 1.50 (so 1.50, 51 and 52 are all broken in this regard)

Sorry for the off topic btw vrc guys.

There you go.

News regarding this issue: we have talked with Ilja, so now he's aware of the problem and as usual he's kindly researching on its cause. We can also confirm it's a CSP related issue, main problem being the car doesn't even have a "glowing exhausts" configuration.
Will try to keep you posted guys.

... just before I finished writting my message Ilja informed me a new CSP build should be released pretty soon. Hopefully that will fix the issue.

News regarding this issue: we have talked with Ilja, so now he's aware of the problem and as usual he's kindly researching on its cause. We can also confirm it's a CSP related issue, main problem being the car doesn't even have a "glowing exhausts" configuration.
Will try to keep you posted guys.

... just before I finished writting my message Ilja informed me a new CSP build should be released pretty soon. Hopefully that will fix the issue.
Thank you for looking into it and working on a fix.

@MHS I've talked with SunBro regarding the glowing exhausts problem, and what he had was another issue related to an old ext_config (packed in a 3rd party endurance lights mod for GTs) conflict that shouldn't even be affecting this car.

After some detective work: For the red thing under, I don't this is a CSP issue, it's most probably related to the IROC skin pack (the hint were plain cars with different colors but same detail on the bumper + bright red stripes, which doesn't seem related to the orange glow effect) and the way they end up mapped on the lowest lods, in addition to the chance of the user having csp tweaks to show lower detailed lods closer than default + narrow fov. Just looking at them, those skins have red stripes painted over unsafe zones, which seem to align with the affected area, and miss a black background unlike the one found on other submitted skins.

@Billy Pilgrim please test again with the original skins, or similar ones with the same general appearance on the dds file.

Last edited:
@MHS I've talked with SunBro regarding the glowing exhausts problem, and what he had was another issue related to an old ext_config (packed in a 3rd party endurance lights mod for GTs) conflict that shouldn't even be affecting this car.

After some detective work: For the red thing under, I don't this is a CSP issue, it's most probably related to the IROC skin pack (the hint were plain cars with different colors but same detail on the bumper + bright red stripes, which doesn't seem related to the orange glow effect) and the way they end up mapped on the lowest lods, in addition to the chance of the user having csp tweaks to show lower detailed lods closer than default + narrow fov. Just looking at them, those skins have red stripes painted over unsafe zones, which seem to align with the affected area, and miss a black background unlike the one found on other submitted skins.

@Billy Pilgrim please test again with the original skins, or similar ones with the same general appearance on the dds file.
Wow, thank you for your detective work! That makes a lot of sense.
I will have to check that skin pack, but if that's what is causing the issue I'm afraid we don't have any control over it. We could try contacting its creator and see if he's willing to solve the problems.
We are planning a Chevrette update alongside Auriel 90 release, so in case there's something we can do on our side, we will of course try to solve it.

Wow. Great detective work indeed!
You're right :)
I deleted the IROC skins and the problem has gone. All is well.

Thank you for your help.

And thanks, again, VRC for looking into this. And I'm really looking forward to that Auriel.

EDIT: I've informed the IROC skin pack maker of the issue.

Thank you for your amazing work , VRC ,
I , of course ; have all your mods and enjoying a lot every aspect of it !)
I just wish there will be more and more ^^, but I understand with the level of details you are bringing into it , it needs time !)

Hey guys; I'm the skin author in question. Thanks for calling this to my attention. This is just one of several _really weird-looking_ side-effects that happens at LOD 2, which seems to draw details from all sorts of weird places on the 2D template.

__custom_showroom_1589074114.jpg__custom_showroom_1589074121.jpg__custom_showroom_1589074135.jpg

I'd just assumed it was unavoidable based on how the car's LODs are constructed, but now that you've brought some additional clues to my attention, I'll see what I can do to remove some of these wacky side effects and post an update to the skin pack.
EDIT: Found a solution, will update the skin pack tonight.
EDIT 2: Pack is updated.

@Billy Pilgrim and @AlleyViper if each of you want to send me a DM with a main/stripe color, car number, and preferred name for the side of the car, I'd love to include personalized versions for you as a "thank you" for helping me to improve these skins!

Last edited:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • No 3pa registration pages