VR and Bentley... New Assetto Corsa Competizione Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Bentley 2.jpg

Ahead of the big VR, Bentley and Misano "EA Release 2" for ACC, Kunos Simulazioni have released a few very nice teaser images from the upcoming content release...

With only two short days left to wait for the first major content update for Assetto Corsa Competizione, Kunos Simulazioni have released a nice set of rather attractive preview images in the form of some stunning shots of the mega Bentley Continental GT3 and Misano Circuit, the two major new pieces of content set to hit ACC this October 10th.

Slightly more difficult to reflect in screenshot form, the new release scheduled for this Wednesday will also be notable for the first pass at supporting Virtual Reality (VR) in the sim - a very exciting development for ACC, and something that is sure to please quite a few of the sim racing community (myself included).

Of course this is the first update for ACC since the game deployed into the public realm via Steam Early Access back in September, and it will be interesting to see what other tweaks, improvements and features Kunos can add to an already very impressive simulation in the four weeks since it made its public debut.

ACC Misano 2.jpg
ACC Bentley 1.jpg

Don't forget to check our review article and video, found HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

ACC Misano 4.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to the next stage of development for ACC? What are you most excited to try, the car, track or VR? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
We have members here with 1060s, 1070s, some with 1080ti talking about stutter and framerate issues all of which I guess must be inferior hardware to you.

Get off your superiority complex, contribute to the conversation or find the door.
May be you can show us kids how adults do it and post your dream system spec, resolution used, ACC settings and average FPS you achieve under different conditions, night, rain, etc.
So we can all laugh together.
You're changing the facts. Facts that have been stated: I have this hardware or that hardware, and other games run just fine. ACC however does not. What does inferior hardware have to do with it? Esp when the hardware is well within what Kunos says is acceptable. Also, why should this game require that many of us that can run all other sims just fine now need to spend hundreds of dollars to run properly? Really? This game requires this? No other game requires this. And why would Kunos want this? This would be a terrible decision on their part. Hey everyone: ACC is great, but it's the only sim on the market that requires you to spend hundreds of dollars on new hardware.
So, I would suggest before you try to put this back on some folks that the game doesn't function properly for, look at the facts. Fact: Game runs very poorly for some people depending on their hardware. Fact: Kunos needs to optimize and improve graphics and compatibility with most hardware on the market. Or: Let's pretend the game is perfect, no problem so that Kunos does not hear any complaints and nothing gets fixed. This way, the game will sell terribly over the next couple of years. This is why we 'complain' So that it gets fixed. We're not bashing. From what I can see most have been very civil and are being patient. We're hopeful the game will turn out wonderfully over the coming months. So why blame the customer when their hardware is just fine?

Hats off to you guys.
We need help, we don't need statments like Captain Geech's!

You're changing the facts. Facts that have been stated: I have this hardware or that hardware, and other games run just fine. ACC however does not. What does inferior hardware have to do with it? Esp when the hardware is well within what Kunos says is acceptable. Also, why should this game require that many of us that can run all other sims just fine now need to spend hundreds of dollars to run properly? Really? This game requires this? No other game requires this. And why would Kunos want this? This would be a terrible decision on their part. Hey everyone: ACC is great, but it's the only sim on the market that requires you to spend hundreds of dollars on new hardware.
So, I would suggest before you try to put this back on some folks that the game doesn't function properly for, look at the facts. Fact: Game runs very poorly for some people depending on their hardware. Fact: Kunos needs to optimize and improve graphics and compatibility with most hardware on the market. Or: Let's pretend the game is perfect, no problem so that Kunos does not hear any complaints and nothing gets fixed. This way, the game will sell terribly over the next couple of years. This is why we 'complain' So that it gets fixed. We're not bashing. From what I can see most have been very civil and are being patient. We're hopeful the game will turn out wonderfully over the coming months. So why blame the customer when their hardware is just fine?

If only Kunos had done some kind of early access program where they could gather feedback from users and use that to improve the performance of the game. Maybe they could do it in small stages too, like just a little bit of the game at first and then add to it every month or so as features and performance are improved and optimized. If only....but alas we now have to spend many dollars to play the game because it will not be improved from its current form. :rolleyes:

If only Kunos had done some kind of early access program where they could gather feedback from users and use that to improve the performance of the game. Maybe they could do it in small stages too, like just a little bit of the game at first and then add to it every month or so as features and performance are improved and optimized. If only....but alas we now have to spend many dollars to play the game because it will not be improved from its current form. :rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

Anyhow, more importantly, what time is the update being released?
I’m on nights tonight so will put my PC on in the morning and fire up Steam, go to bed and hopefully when I wake up at midday it will be all updated.

• Deleted member 197115

Agree.
FFB in ACC is way better than AC out of the box.
Much more similar to rF2.
Very realistic feeling on my OSW.
It's broken and Kunos admitted that. We'll see how it looks tomorrow, if it stays the same, no ACC for me.

Possible optimization issues aside, I think there are too many variables involved for people to be getting so heated over this. The biggest one being that some people are too vague in:

A) their descriptions of performance
B) their system specs
C) Both

“Runs like ****”, “Runs like butter/smooth”...looks are definitely subjective, but there’s a reason why log files/benchmarks don’t use such colourful words to show raw performance. Could you imagine TechPowerUp doing a GPU shootout like that?

---------------------------------------------------------------------​

Benchmark of Assassins Creed Odyssey @ “kinda crisp” resolution (see previous page for “blurry AF” resolution or next page for “razor sharp” resolution):

8800 GT: LMAO!!!
GTX 460: Please try Assassin’s Creed II instead.
GTX 780 ti: not quite there yet.
GTX 980 ti: it works I guess.
GTX 1080 ti: I can dig it.
RTX 2080 ti: Shazaam!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------​

Silliness aside, apply the same logic to only listing your GPU...not only RAM (speed and capacity), CPU and hard drive matters...but also your OS (is it optimized for gaming? Is it updated? Do you have bloatware/spyware/viruses installed? etc..) and your GPU drivers can play a big part in it. Also, one random device connected can reek havoc on performance in some games.

It’s even more apparent that your OS status, drivers and such may be to blame if two people with similar or same system specs are having opposite experiences like in this thread (assuming they’re also using the same resolution and settings, their hardware isn’t starting to fail and they list quantifiable data like FPS).

Lastly, mentioning that every other sim runs well is somewhat irrelevant...It's a 2019 sim, using certain aesthetic and physics based effects not used in previous sims...something's gotta give. ACC won't run the same as Project Cars 2 just like PC2 doesn't run the same as Automobilista or iRacing.

Runs like shiit on my 1080ti so good luck.
I run the game on 1080TI with I7 7700K at 4.6Ghz.
80-105 frames without overclock and everything on ultra, resolution scale at 100 2K ultra wide
70-95 frames without overclock same settings.
The resolution scale option does make the graphic crispier and it is quite noticeable. It does cost extra processing power.
So far I am very happy with the FFB although it is differennt from AC but i dont mind it.
It feels lighter and less sudden moves from the wheel but detail enough for me to judge corners. It can be improved though.
I am using CSL elite Ps4 base with Elite LC pedals. Hotlap event at 1.57.85. jumped on last night and see aliens doing under 1.53 makes me want to practise so bad.
The game is a must have in my opinion and hope the community grow bigger, faster, stronger:)

ACC has been running here totally sweet on my system in any weather and AI number since day one. Some niggles, as expected, but it's EA release 1. I do have a damn good base system, but many of the things I use for my simracing fix are ancient (e.g - my horribly abused G25 from 2006).

Considering ACC is a very limited series, and as much as I loved AC, I never even thought about getting it when it was released. Given the price though, you'd have to be strapped in a padded room not to grab ACC if you are in any way interested in simracing.

The days of the full released games/sims, etc are looooooong gone. ACC EA1 came out. Today gets EA2. Given we are not in the days anymore of fully released games, then sign up, learn how to post logs and suggest things properly on the relevant forums. If you post proper reports, logs, suggestions based on hardware, drivers, etc, it very much makes a difference. Post "game runs like a bad shart. I haz best stuff", especially in forums that aren't actually support forums..... don`t expect miracles. Expect personal disappointment and having to throw big bottles of salt around every forum for months after, leading to forums getting flooded with unneccessary replies and moderators being overworked, general nastiness, etc. Not good for anyone.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.