Featured VR and Bentley... New Assetto Corsa Competizione Previews

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,984
    ACC Bentley 2.jpg
    Ahead of the big VR, Bentley and Misano "EA Release 2" for ACC, Kunos Simulazioni have released a few very nice teaser images from the upcoming content release...

With only two short days left to wait for the first major content update for Assetto Corsa Competizione, Kunos Simulazioni have released a nice set of rather attractive preview images in the form of some stunning shots of the mega Bentley Continental GT3 and Misano Circuit, the two major new pieces of content set to hit ACC this October 10th.

Slightly more difficult to reflect in screenshot form, the new release scheduled for this Wednesday will also be notable for the first pass at supporting Virtual Reality (VR) in the sim - a very exciting development for ACC, and something that is sure to please quite a few of the sim racing community (myself included).

Of course this is the first update for ACC since the game deployed into the public realm via Steam Early Access back in September, and it will be interesting to see what other tweaks, improvements and features Kunos can add to an already very impressive simulation in the four weeks since it made its public debut.

ACC Misano 2.jpg ACC Bentley 1.jpg

Don't forget to check our review article and video, found HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

ACC Misano 4.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

Looking forward to the next stage of development for ACC? What are you most excited to try, the car, track or VR? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    • Love Love x 15
    • Like Like x 14
    • Beer Beer x 4
  2. Tberg

Tberg

Ratings:
    +244
    Oh yeah, ACC! Forgot about it for a while :p
    I dare not to be too excited, just hope that VR works and my system can run it.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca

Ratings:
    +2,126
    I just bought GFX 1070Ti, waiting to arrive. I hope will be worth it, 1st part wasn`t.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Ratings:
    +456
    New GPU, checked, new CV1, checked, practice in AC on Misano driving the Lambo in VR checked, only 2 more days, checked. :D

• Like Like x 10
    • Beer Beer x 2
  5. DrPenguin87

DrPenguin87
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5
    Really excited for a good version of Misano. I know the track well from MotoGP and WSBK. It's a blast to ride in the MotoGP games.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +567
    Absolutely looking forward to this update, especially the Bentley and it looks like a right hand drive car as well (they are scarse as hen's teeth in Sims)...and also having another Track to race on is always welcome. I do not have VR, very happy with my Triple Screen set up so hopefully some performance tweaks to the Sim would be great as my old GTX690 is screaming in pain...lol.
    I really like the marketing time line strategy Kunos has done with ACC, as for me personally it really adds to the hype and anticipation waiting for the next update....loving what has been done so far and feeling really amazing on my TS XW Racer.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Hoksu

Hoksu

Ratings:
    +253
    Personally I'm not a big fan of either Misano or Continental GT, but at least there will be more content. I'm rather more interested in what sort of improvements, fixes and additions the patch will contain that are not in the roadmap. They released a few patches during the first month but not exactly a huge amount, so hopefully there will be long patch notes this time

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Beer Beer x 2
  8. Jacco van der Zaag

Jacco van der Zaag
    Premium

Ratings:
    +70
    Can't wait to hear the sound of thunder...

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  9. T_rac3

T_rac3
    Premium

Ratings:
    +447
    Just, please Kunos, proper support ASAP :geek::geek::geek::geek::geek:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  10. Enagee

Enagee

Ratings:
    +115
    Time for the truth is almost here for VR user's . VR and rain will be most exciting If my PC can't handle it then I'll be sticking with AC till next year. Not excited by the Bentley ... It will be like driving a house..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  11. Robertinotje

Robertinotje

Ratings:
    +20
    I don t even consider to purchase this game, even when it came with a 1000 euro bonus. It is so behind everything in development and focused ,it s not gonna work.

• Disagree x 48
    • Haha x 10
    • Love x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • Agree x 1
  12. WallyTP

WallyTP

Ratings:
    +7
    Runs like shiit on my 1080ti so good luck.

• Disagree Disagree x 30
    • Haha Haha x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. FlyGasm

FlyGasm
    Shut Up and Race! Premium

Ratings:
    +142
    That's strange, because it runs smooth on my 1070.

• Agree Agree x 28
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  14. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯
    Premium

Ratings:
    +487
    Guys did you know if trackIR or similar devices (edtracker pro, etc etc) are supported?

• Like Like x 2
  15. FlyGasm

FlyGasm
    Shut Up and Race! Premium

Ratings:
    +142
    Hell yeah, counting down the hours anticipating VR. I actually only put in about 20 hours, after buying it day one while playing on a flat screen. I'm so used to driving in VR that I have to retrain my brain to drive on a flat screen again. I have faith that Kunos will get it right since the VR in AC was pretty good.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. jacksorensen

jacksorensen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +0
    Runs smooth on my 1070Ti.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Beer Beer x 1
  17. Furnace Inferno

Furnace Inferno

Ratings:
    +103
    My experiences with UE4 tells me you’re out of luck 2GB VRAM wasn’t enough when I had the 690, you’d have a little juice left but run out of VRAM fast.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Neils on Wheels

Neils on Wheels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +73
    Hope ASW 2.0 can be utilised by ACC & we can just run at 45fps.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  19. Xela1

Xela1

Ratings:
    +176
    do not forget your family ...

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Beer Beer x 1
  20. TonkYoSelf

TonkYoSelf

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm really looking forward to the VR. Can't wait.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.