VR and Bentley... New Assetto Corsa Competizione Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Bentley 2.jpg

Ahead of the big VR, Bentley and Misano "EA Release 2" for ACC, Kunos Simulazioni have released a few very nice teaser images from the upcoming content release...

With only two short days left to wait for the first major content update for Assetto Corsa Competizione, Kunos Simulazioni have released a nice set of rather attractive preview images in the form of some stunning shots of the mega Bentley Continental GT3 and Misano Circuit, the two major new pieces of content set to hit ACC this October 10th.

Slightly more difficult to reflect in screenshot form, the new release scheduled for this Wednesday will also be notable for the first pass at supporting Virtual Reality (VR) in the sim - a very exciting development for ACC, and something that is sure to please quite a few of the sim racing community (myself included).

Of course this is the first update for ACC since the game deployed into the public realm via Steam Early Access back in September, and it will be interesting to see what other tweaks, improvements and features Kunos can add to an already very impressive simulation in the four weeks since it made its public debut.

ACC Misano 2.jpg
ACC Bentley 1.jpg

Don't forget to check our review article and video, found HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

ACC Misano 4.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to the next stage of development for ACC? What are you most excited to try, the car, track or VR? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

It's also because I try to use triple screen, I'm used to good AA in Assetto Corsa and other sims, suddenly being forced to use only TAA... very blurry, with default 100 resolution scale. Maybe the TAA implementation is the problem, because it's not nearly as blurry in F1 2018

But yeah would say ACC doesn't run that great on triples at least.

For comparison, F1 2018 and Forza Horizon 4 runs Ultra @ 60 fps, triple screen. In FH4 you can crank some settings past Ultra into Extreme, still no drops. Wreckfest too, unless you use 8x MSAA
Same observation here on 4k and 1080Ti.
It is reasonable to expect it to hit stable 60fps in that config like with all other titles, but it fails to accomplish that. We'll see how it performs after EA2 and in VR, which is more demanding than flat 4k.

CPU is i7 6800 and I also have 16GB of RAM. Why would it be these things anyway as I stated that all other games run perfectly fine? Once ACC came along, now I have problems running this game only. Clearly it needs work. But some cards work better than others right now. Like some wheels. So, time will tell.
Dunno, just saying that I also have 1060 and the game runs smoothly.

I love when new games are released and people with inferior hardware complain. It happens 100% of the time. And it’s hilarious!!

We have members here with 1060s, 1070s, some with 1080ti talking about stutter and framerate issues all of which I guess must be inferior hardware to you.

Get off your superiority complex, contribute to the conversation or find the door.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Inferior hardware?
Please tell me what hardware do we need to run ACC in 4K Ultra.
This is not my video but similar config with 1080Ti and even better CPU i7-8700K OCed to 4.8GHz.
I have i7-5930k at 4.4Ghz a bit old but let me run AC in VR (Odyssey) at stable 90FPS 15-20 AI with almost everything at max and all PP filters with 250% SS on the top.

When people brag about their systems performance they need to take into account resolution and settings they are using.
Of course even GTX 980 will run fine on 1080p as it is meant for 1440p, and if you are using 1080Ti on HD monitor, well, that was probably not the wisest investment in your life as you utilize less than 25% of your GPU capability.

EA R1 was not optimized, most users understand that, Kunos understands that, performance will definitely improve by public release. But all that baseless my potato is better than yours talk is just silly.

For the reference this is my AC bench in 4k, all maxed out, from yesterday. Yet stable 60fps in ACC is unattainable for me at the moment.
Code:
AC VERSION: 1.16.3 (x64)
FPS: AVG=161 MIN=93 MAX=212 VARIANCE=1 CPU=58%

LOADING TIME: 16s
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (3840x2160)
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x300-0x1
CPU CORES: 12
FULLSCREEN: ON
AA:4X AF:16X SHDW:4096 BLUR:0
WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:1
PP: QLT:5 HDR:1 FXAA:0 GLR:5 DOF:5 RAYS:1 HEAT:1

But it is racing IRL in the official Blancpain series. ACC is the official Blancpain title so the car will be in the sim.
Just cause you think it's absurd it doesn't mean the racing world, nor the fans of the series, shares that view...

Yeah, I know that it’s racing there, it’s not a made up car. ;)
I just wanted to rant a little bit about this box on wheels.

I mean, just trying to think rationally, if Kunos is releasing a VR functionality for ACC they must be confident it could be playable at least by 40/50% of their current customers, right?

It will be playable, but many will have to turn down the graphic settings where they're used to having them maxed out. Same old story as rF2 and pCARS2... TANSTAAFL

Last edited:
Yes, I'm excited to try the new content. Just one more day. :)
I hope they don't make any drastic changes to the FFB just to please the crowd that wants it to feel more like AC.....It feels pretty good to me already.
And I also hope they keep improving the AI. It's already a step up but there's still room for improvement. Being out for just one month, I'm sure they will.

I love when new games are released and people with inferior hardware complain. It happens 100% of the time. And it’s hilarious!!
You're changing the facts. Facts that have been stated: I have this hardware or that hardware, and other games run just fine. ACC however does not. What does inferior hardware have to do with it? Esp when the hardware is well within what Kunos says is acceptable. Also, why should this game require that many of us that can run all other sims just fine now need to spend hundreds of dollars to run properly? Really? This game requires this? No other game requires this. And why would Kunos want this? This would be a terrible decision on their part. Hey everyone: ACC is great, but it's the only sim on the market that requires you to spend hundreds of dollars on new hardware.
So, I would suggest before you try to put this back on some folks that the game doesn't function properly for, look at the facts. Fact: Game runs very poorly for some people depending on their hardware. Fact: Kunos needs to optimize and improve graphics and compatibility with most hardware on the market. Or: Let's pretend the game is perfect, no problem so that Kunos does not hear any complaints and nothing gets fixed. This way, the game will sell terribly over the next couple of years. This is why we 'complain' So that it gets fixed. We're not bashing. From what I can see most have been very civil and are being patient. We're hopeful the game will turn out wonderfully over the coming months. So why blame the customer when their hardware is just fine?

Sadly, my positive thoughts about this DLC are blocked by the lack of triple screen support. Whatever I change in the FOV/seat positions, the stretched side views are horrible, and I quit after a few laps.
Nice to see the VR guys happy. Hope we will follow soon (if ever) :cautious:

• Deleted member 197115

lol I'll laugh at whiny kids all day. 100% of the time hahahahaha
May be you can show us kids how adults do it and post your dream system spec, resolution used, ACC settings and average FPS you achieve under different conditions, night, rain, etc.
So we can all laugh together.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years