Okay I'm just going to jump in early here, since there is already plenty of "discussion" going on about this in another thread can I remind all, to remain civil and stick to our board rules.
For anyone who isn't sure what they are you can find them here.
I look forward to everyones cooperation.

they couldnt fix that one, He was completely outside the track surface, that would had been the last straw, or you think he didnt deserve the penalty then? sure let him pass cars outside the track right?? yea let them race if it was anybody else today that would had made that move, I guarantee you it would had been a penalty. ie seb, ham, Bottas, bet my house if it was the other way around (Leclerc passing Max the same way) Lecrec would had a 5 second penalty

Agree with the austin corner but in Brasil they stole Max race same as monaco bottas stuppid penalty. What you said that the fia protect Max. But is not.

"Nothing, just an incident..."; Le Clerc, 2012

"Nothing, just an incident "; Verstappen, 2019
Karma...(did you read that, Fernando?)

This two guys making history in F1 a lot of races to go. But I realy enjoy the new genaration Norris and Russel to maybe Mick Schumacher. I hope so :thumbsup::)

Now that we have this precedent, I'm looking forward to Formula Wreck 1...

giphy.gif

# no Penalty, just hard racing
# door wide open
# had the racing line and apex

It's unfair because Grosjean would have got a 5 sec penalty + a drive through + 4 points on his license and having to send flowers to Leclerc.

Leclerc seen him coming on the inside the lap before at T2, but runs wide a 2nd time before entering that sharp corner. Ferrari is a bit longer and older tires, but just can't take a sharp corner like that anymore?
I would have kept my car on the inside, than let Verstappen figure out how he want to pass round the outside of T2.
As there is no space for that he could have kept him behind him probably.
Leclerc learned another valuable lessen today. He outclassed Vettel the whole weekend, even before Vettels hydraulic problem.

Yes deal with any violations that you deem fit. No need to remind us that you are watching.

Thanks for protecting us from what ever you think is offensive.
Better a reminder than having to mop up afterwards, as a quick glance through some other threads will show.
Not protecting as I'm pretty sure people will be offended, just asking for a bit of civility in the thread.

Yes deal with any violations that you deem fit. No need to remind us that you are watching.

Thanks for protecting us from what ever you think is offensive.

Is that really necessary? I mean along with that and your disagree of his post, youre just looking petulant.

The odd thing is looking through the thread, its not like it was even aimed at you anyway.....you just seem to be one of those "offended by proxy types" i guess

EDIT ah! The tagline in your profile explains everything. I understand now.

Is that really necessary? I mean along with that and your disagree of his post, youre just looking petulant

No. I think at times this needs to be called out. The forum rules are posted and well know. I pay to be a premium member. I don't want to be dictated to like a child. We are here to discuss a topic. Not to participate in some cult of idealism.

Edit: Perhaps I am in the wrong "space" for a discussion.

Last edited:
No. I think at time this needs to be called out. The forum rules are posted and well know. I pay to be a premium member. I don't want to be dictated to like a child. We are here to discuss a topic. Not to participate in some cult of idealism.
In what way am I dictating, you're reading far more into my post than is there.
Now can we get forget this and return to the actual discussion.

Vettel, Lewis, Rosberg and more have been running people wide for years.. If they end this move they end overtaking in f1. Personally I think it's dirty and they should leave a cars width on corner exit. But damned if this wasn't exciting racing.. Great stuff.

I appreciate the nuanced poll options, because I went with "not fair, but no penalty needed". That sums it up for me. Both guys went for it, Max either intentionally or unintentionally decided to use up the whole track, Leclerc refused to give and got punted. Tough :poop:, kid - get on the inside next time!

Max coulda/shoulda left him room, but wanted the W and went for it. Every driver should be driving like this or get the hell out of F1.

These cars are so tame to drive compared to previous years, we've got the halos, GOBS of paved run off...let 'em punt each other to their hearts content, I say. I want to see racing action that results in hurt feelings, grudges, and paybacks.

For the record, I am neutral on both drivers. I have enjoyed watching Max mature over the last couple seasons and I think Charles seems like a really nice kid, but I'm certainly not watching any given race rooting for/against either of them...I just want to feel like I'm watching racing, not hanging out in traffic court!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back