The following additional rules regarding user submitted content and behavior apply across the whole of RaceDepartment.com. This includes but is not limited to:
- article comments
- visitor messages
- private messages / conversation messages
- chat rooms
- game or voice servers
- Breach of the rules may result in some or all of your posting rights/permissions being removed up to and including a total ban from all RaceDepartment.com services.
- Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. This means you may not personally attack other forum users. malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated. If there is a problem report it to the staff.
- The main language at RaceDepartment is English. Other languages are permitted only in private and profile messages.
- The staff retain the right to edit/remove content posted by any user if the content is against the rules and can add warnings, or if necessary ban users. For more information on why a post was edited/removed, please contact a member of the staff team.
- All users should refrain from dragging out heated discussions in the public forums. If you have an unresolved conflict with another user or staff member please use the private messaging system or email to resolve it. Remember at all times that normal forum rules apply in private messages and a user is able to report aggressive private messages directly to the admin team, which will include the content of the message.
Avatars, Signatures and Profile Pictures
- Content that is false, harassing, or offensive is not permitted at our site. Our staff will remove these items as soon as possible and will take appropriate actions against the poster.
- RaceDepartment is a community for all age groups, hence we will not allow offensive pictures, movies, sexually explicit material, or any other content deemed to be outside the bounds reasonable taste.
- The same is true of excessive strong language or swearing. Content containing such language may be removed in whole or in part at the discretion of the staff.
- Discussions and content centred around race, nationality, religion, cultures or belief systems is not permitted. This content can be sensitive for some users and therefore will be removed and appropriate action taken against the poster.
- Spamming, flooding, chain letters, advertising and recruiting is not allowed in any format on the website, forums, teamspeak or via private messages.
- Posting videos in threads only to to advertise your channel or boost views isn't't allowed, we are primarily a discussion forum for written text. We have a dedicated video section located at racedepartment.com/media/. Submission are automatically highlighted on the frontpage.
- Do not hotlink, post, attach, or upload other peoples content unless you have permission to do so. See our Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy for more information.
- Posting links and/or hyperlinked text to downloads that are not hosted on www.racedepartment.com/downloads/, but rather an external third party website, will be removed unless the user has been specifically authorised by RaceDepartment to do so.
Intellectual Property and Copyright
- Avatars, Signatures and profile pictures are governed by the same rules as other content streams. this includes but is not limited to not permitting sexually explicit content, offensive material, and advertisements.
- If you believe your copyright-protected work was posted on RaceDepartment by one of our users without authorization, you may submit a copyright infringement notification. These requests should only be submitted by the copyright owner or an agent authorized to act on the owner’s behalf. The fastest and easiest way to notify RaceDepartment of alleged copyright infringement is to either use the “report” button, located under each forum post or resource file, or contact us directly via email.
- Posts, attachments, uploads or links which contain original game files are not allowed.
- Racing on RaceDepartment servers can only be done with legal purchased gaming and simulation software. Users using pirated software will be removed from our community.
- When creating or uploading free to use mods, car skins, helmets, cars, tracks etc users should seek official permission first from the copyright or trademark holders.
- It's strictly forbidden to deep-link, and bypass our site, to our resources and modding files for any purpose, unless specifically authorised by RaceDepartment to do so.
- This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.
- It is strictly forbidden for users to hold more than one account for RaceDepartment.com without express permission of an administrator.
- Second accounts made without permission will be banned without warning.
- Users are responsible for ensuring they keep their login credentials private and safe. Users found to be used by multiple persons will be banned immediately along with any associated accounts.
- Changing usernames is not considered an acceptable reason to create a second account and may lead to all your accounts being banned.
- Usernames deemed to be advertisements will be changed by the staff.
- Staff may request that you choose a new username if the username you have chosen causes issues or conflicts within our software systems. If no response is received a new username will be chosen for you and you will be informed of your new login credentials via email.
Last update: Friday May 25, 2018
Contact us: info [at] racedepartment.com