PALMER: no mistake made by Max, Leclerc left the door wide open, IT was his own stupidity!:laugh::thumbsup:

Also worth noting that not far below that quote he also writes:

"The rules state that deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track is strictly prohibited. The question is - was it deliberate? If it was, then it's simply against the rules. If it wasn't, then it's good, hard racing."

And follows it up with

"
My hunch is Verstappen knew what he was doing, that he learnt from the lap before, when Leclerc came back at him on the run into Turn Four and reclaimed the place. The next time around, I suspect he behaved the way he did to stop that happening again.

This is backed up by Verstappen turning into the corner much later and then releasing his steering slightly towards the exit, which guarantees Leclerc goes off. The Dutchman also goes on the throttle early while turning, which inevitably forces him wider."

Which is doing in deliberately, so that reads a bit strange.

"The thing is, though, Leclerc might well not have had room on the outside regardless of Verstappen opening his steering, because both of them had entered the corner a bit faster and later than on the previous lap."

Which is a hypothetical.

In the end, while the Palmer-piece is interesting, he really doesn't conclude with much, it's a bit everywhere.
Even his conclusion is somewhat non-decisive.

"Ultimately, I can't disagree with the decision not to penalise Verstappen because it was just such a tight call."

You really think that is racing? The slower driver just pulls over and lets the faster car through?? It's bad enough using blue flags to make lapped cars pull over. Racing means overtaking, cleanly, regardless of who you are trying to get past.
It was the best F1 race to date in a long time, yes i think that is racing and alot of people agree. Max went for it, got in clean full lock into the corner. Laclerc left it wide open...

It was the best F1 race to date in a long time, yes i think that is racing and alot of people agree. Max went for it, got in clean full lock into the corner. Laclerc left it wide open...

No, you clearly didn't read the comment I was responding to. He was saying that as Verstappen was quicker, Charles should have moved over and let him past.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.9%