Union Island

Tracks Union Island 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
All the way from Puerto Rico.
@OrlandoEdits was kind enough to offer a model he made of an existing place in his home town, to include in the island.

When i said i took liberties to recreate the island, now it even features a Puerto Rican restaurant !

20210930-214925-union_island-ks_alfa_romeo_4c.jpg

(bush to be trimmed on the parking...)

Hi all,

I've downloaded and installed the track, both through Content manager and manually, but no matter what, the game won't load. I've tried launching through CM and AC, with Kunos and non kunos cars, Checked i can still launch all of my other tracks and cars etc but nothing. CSP is up to date and Sol is updated too.

Does anyone else have this issue/know how to solve it?
Thanks In advance,
James

Hi all,

I've downloaded and installed the track, both through Content manager and manually, but no matter what, the game won't load. I've tried launching through CM and AC, with Kunos and non kunos cars, Checked i can still launch all of my other tracks and cars etc but nothing. CSP is up to date and Sol is updated too.

Does anyone else have this issue/know how to solve it?
Thanks In advance,
James
ah
thanks for trying with different combos

try and delete or rename "extension" folder inside the track folder (that will remove all the rain, grass, lights etc.)

ah
thanks for trying with different combos

try and delete or rename "extension" folder inside the track folder (that will remove all the rain, grass, lights etc.)
Thanks Ben, this has worked. really appreciate your help.

Should i do anything else to get them working in the game?

Thanks Ben, this has worked. really appreciate your help.

Should i do anything else to get them working in the game?
ok at least it works!
But it means one of the thing from CSP causes you an issue... which might prove exhausting finding what it is.
Ideally, you'd need to turn on/off things to see if it works or not.

if you're familiar with editing ini files
to have at least the grass;
you could delete everything above :
1633278210982.png

Ben O'Bro updated Union Island with a new update entry:

Performance Update

delete previous folder for a clean install

Firstly, thank you to everyone who donated. Paypal doesn't let me reply to you, but please know i appreciate it greatly ! Funds mostly go back to Sol & CSP support.
And thanks to the great overall feedback, my 400hours didn't go to waste completely :p

OPTIMIZATION :
  • reduced number of objects
  • put few objects in kslayer, so you can change world detail if it helps your computer
  • optimized some textures & dds
  • optimized collisions for lot...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Hello Ben, thank you for releasing such an incredible mod! And another big thanks for the latest update! Just in case if it wasn't already reported, on the pier location there is this floating signal lamp. And nearby there's also this van which has strange wheels ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_ddm_honda_civic_ek9_union_island_6-9-121-16-3-51.jpg
    Screenshot_ddm_honda_civic_ek9_union_island_6-9-121-16-3-51.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_ddm_honda_civic_ek9_union_island_6-9-121-16-14-47.jpg
    Screenshot_ddm_honda_civic_ek9_union_island_6-9-121-16-14-47.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Hello Ben, thank you for releasing such an incredible mod! And another big thanks for the latest update! Just in case if it wasn't already reported, on the pier location there is this floating signal lamp. And nearby there's also this van which has strange wheels ;)
oh that's the hovering toyoace 3000, haven't heard of it ?

i wonder if i'll ever release something without any bug one day
cheers for the screens

preview of what's up with v0.8

sea looks like this with the CSP fixed : (ilja sent me a custom version as we were testing solving this, it should be included in the next public one)
20211005-231127-union_island-bo_singer_awd-accum.jpg

road edge transition visible here
and road marking i took from where i live :p
20211006-115901-union_island-bo_singer_awd-accum.jpg

more road marking to help understand which way to drive
20211003-161800-union_island-bo_singer_awd.jpg

and solving the car shadow and draw order

before:
unknown.png

after:
unknown.png

(that meant a new kn5 just for the road visuals, to make sure it was nice and clean)

colored after a friend's
obligatory added to the island!
Editing the cars dds, hence the messed up mapping on the toyota by the harbor i forgot to edit...
20211006-113210-union_island-bo_singer_awd-accum.jpg

Last edited:
Ben O'Bro updated Union Island with a new update entry:

Performance Update +fix

delete previous folder for a clean install
sorry, i forgot physical of a side road in Ashton !

Firstly, thank you to everyone who donated. Paypal doesn't let me reply to you, but please know i appreciate it greatly ! Funds mostly go back to Sol & CSP support.
And thanks to the great overall feedback, my 400hours didn't go to waste completely :p

fix from 0.8 :
  • (!!) physical mesh for side road in Ashton
  • (!!) physical mesh for Gas station...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The track is awesome!

I found a little bug though. I crashed into a parked fiesta and it broke my wheel, and as the car was leaning on the side, this happened. The dark spot would move depending on the tilt angle of the car when I turn.
UIbug.jpg

Can't seem to leave a review for some reason... but finally got around to trying this out - fantastic work - love the vistas, love the road surface... unbelievable effort.

You know you've made a good track when there are 5 servers running it online!

My only suggestion would be for a bit of grubbiness/dirt at the bottom of buildings, just to merge into the surroundings a bit more.

Sent you some beer money for your efforts, well done.

Can't seem to leave a review for some reason... but finally got around to trying this out - fantastic work - love the vistas, love the road surface... unbelievable effort.

You know you've made a good track when there are 5 servers running it online!

My only suggestion would be for a bit of grubbiness/dirt at the bottom of buildings, just to merge into the surroundings a bit more.

Sent you some beer money for your efforts, well done.
5 servers running it online? You need to get your filters under control, mate. There are 65 servers online with Union Island, the best one is of course mine..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back