Union Island

Tracks Union Island 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Well, in Real Life someone's Race would be over anyway after a Crash with one of those:D
So it's actually more realistic, we could argue.

Last edited:
You boys are getting closer to my home in the Caribbean.
I need somebody to consider building my local 'Bushy Park' circuit.
Had a school friend do a five lap drive there in a Radical a few weeks back.
Looked like a blast in that car.
He couldn't stop grinning after he got out of the car.

now what would be interesting, is understanding why my Normal Detail works in the editor, but doesn't in game
I second that ^^
It made me bash on all toggles of modules on CSP 0.1.75 pr1 and none helped. Vanilla AC shows the shader correctly so at least I got the idea how it should be. So after reading the previous posts I'm coming up with these suggestions for the current version

[ANIMATED_...]
NODE = bo_plane_propel_turn
WINDMILL_DIR = 0,0,0 ; react to wind in this direction (this line sets the movement mode)

WINDMILL_DIR_EXP = 0 ; adjusts how much windmill reacts to sideways wind, increase value to require more focused wind (similar to ksSpecularEXP), set to 0 to ignore wind direction
WINDMILL_DIR_BOTH_SIDES = 1 ; react to wind to both sides
SPIN_AXIS = 0.85, 0.0, -0.4 ; spin around this axis
SPEED_MULT = 37
WIND_SPEED_KMH_MIN = 1
WIND_SPEED_KMH_MAX = 100
WIND_SPEED_KMH_STOP = 140
; set to non-zero to stop windmill if wind is faster; for modern generator things being disabled in storms
LAG_UP = 0.998
LAG_DOWN = 0.998
LAG_BRAKING = 0.98 ; for WIND_SPEED_KMH_STOP

;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[SMOKE_...]
POSITION = 0, 0, 0
DIRECTION = 0.1, 0.1, 0
INTENSITY = 1
SPEED = 40
SIZE = 0.01

RELATIVE_TO = bo_blimp
COLOR = 0.5
SPREAD = 0.001

;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[SOL2]
HUMIDITY_OFFSET=0.87
FOG_LEVEL=1
FOG_BLEND=0.95
FOG_DISTANCE=3

DOME_SIZE=45000

;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[DYNAMIC_OBJECT_2]
PROBABILITY=85
MULT=1,1
FILE=dyn_bryce.kn5
POS_MODE=RANDOM
RND_POS_CENTER=0, 0, 0
RND_POS_RANGE=0,0,0

;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = bo_waves
SHADER = ksFlags
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1
KEY_0 = distortion
VALUE_0 = 3.8
KEY_1 = frequency
VALUE_1 = 0.5

;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = bo_boats?
SHADER = ksTree
;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = power_cable
SHADER = ksFlags
KEY_0 = distortion
VALUE_0 = 0.05
KEY_1 = frequency
VALUE_1 = 0.0007

;;;;;;;;;; for CSP ocean transparent water

[Material_Water]
Materials=ocean_b
Type=LAKE
UseRecommendedTextures=0
UseRecommendedDetailTexture=1
UseAlphaFromDiffuse=0
UseAlphaFromNormal=1
UnevenWaterFix=-0.1

With all those in place i can have a Guinness at the Shack and watch the masts and cables move with the gusting wind while the nice island ambiance tickles my ears.

Once again thank you @Ben O'Bro ! You made it look very close to the original!

Last edited:
It reminds me of TDU1. Is there any way to export the map of those games to assetto corsa...? Even the Ibiza map from TDU2. It would be perfect to combine it with the driving physics of assetto corsa.

I just installed this mod and the map is great, But I have a question. This is the first track mod I installed and I dont have a sky so its very dark. I dropped Union_island in the folder tracks and dont know what i did wrong.

Somebody knows how i can fix this?

Last edited:
I have found what I think is an ideal vehicle for exploring all the nooks and crannies of the island. It is the Meyers Manx VW dune buggy. It can be found at Ass****land. There is the ability to select off road tires as well. I have found I can go pretty well everywhere I want with ease using it. Up to the microwave tower and other scenic points and places that have no road access. Bushwacking! Plus it just feels like an ideal vehicle for the island.

Last edited:
I just installed this mod and the map is great, But I have a question. This is the first track mod I installed and I dont have a sky so its very dark. I dropped Union_island in the folder tracks and dont know what i did wrong.

Somebody knows how i can fix this?
Which version of CSP and Sol are you using? Sounds like you may need to update them / install them

Last edited:
Superb fun. You can even go mountain climbing. Excellent, especially once you add the water config.

242160192_10227828942776029_2866420508533531900_n.jpg

congratulation for reaching the least worked area on the island, and this magnifiscent texture transition that i'm proud of.

As for the sea material...
i'm getting sad that people are prefering a bad game-looking animated sea, than something i created precisely to prevent that silly look
What can you do :coffee:

Do anyone know how to make map appear in simhub app? When playing online, getting "do a valid lap for map to show" error on simhub dashboard, thats normal for lots of maps, but even after driving on island the map doesnt appear correctly (no lap course is set on server?). I know some other modded maps have the dash maps embedded so simhub can grab it straight away but not on this.

congratulation for reaching the least worked area on the island, and this magnifiscent texture transition that i'm proud of.

As for the sea material...
i'm getting sad that people are prefering a bad game-looking animated sea, than something i created precisely to prevent that silly look
What can you do :coffee:
“Here is a Mclaren P1, enjoy”

“Cool, but I wish it had an eBay spoiler”

I just noticed (after another off gawping at the sea view ) the grass flattens and then springs back only where the tires haven't flattened it ! Is this a first ? either way just amazing what you have done with this track/island/extravaganza

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.