Union Island

Tracks Union Island 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Each new layout means AI line recording, road boundary, and camera work... hence the only 2 timed layout at the moment :)
It's all good, I didn't want to come across impatient- The Island in its current state is already good for many, many hours of Driving pleasure.
That was more like a random thought, since I personally like short Hillclimbs where you can go all- out (Borgloh and Goodwood aren't that long, either) and I love those tight, twisty bends!

1631814751282.png

I got this

Outstanding work.

Quick question. I saw in the ext file that there was some deactivated CSP sea/water shader property.
Is it deactivated on purpose because you didn't liked the look of it or any other reason ?

I made a profile on my side and it looks good and can sort of keep the transparency with the under water texture (but not as clearly as without the CSP water/sea shader... so it as a artistic impact)
Union_island_sea.jpg

This crashes using CSP 0.1.60 if I activate "merge meshes" under "General patch settings" -> "CPU Optimizations".

Now, this entire setting section is marked as experimental, so maybe this is no surprise, but it might help anyone else who's having issues.

Edit: A beautiful track! I'm really impressed by the density and quality of the vegetation considering that I'm still getting a good framerate even in VR! The road mesh and textures are also excellent.

Last edited:
thanks for the screenshots of broken things, i'm adding it to the list !

cheers for testing the sea
but water CSP was turned off for a reason. i know it's animated but that's about it
real life ocean looks nothing like that. You never have any clear reflection on the sea, that looks silly
Now i can't stop you from using it ^^ but it hurts my eyes and the time i spent on my sea material :p

now what would be interesting, is understanding why my Normal Detail works in the editor, but doesn't in game
sea.JPG

in other news, i know i said however the amount but at some point, you might as well send money directly to Paypal ;)

scr_001.jpg

Hey guys, I'm having a slight issue. Whenever I load up Union Island, I'm greeted by a message saying "Get to 80 km/h to begin the Overtake Run"
Any idea on how to get rid of that?

thanks for the screenshots of broken things, i'm adding it to the list !

cheers for testing the sea
but water CSP was turned off for a reason. i know it's animated but that's about it
real life ocean looks nothing like that. You never have any clear reflection on the sea, that looks silly
Now i can't stop you from using it ^^ but it hurts my eyes and the time i spent on my sea material :p

now what would be interesting, is understanding why my Normal Detail works in the editor, but doesn't in game
Would it be possible to give the lakes a different shader but not the ocean? I agree with you that the ocean looks stupid like that, but the lakes could use something extra.

Yeah I asked but I kinda gather that it was a artistic choice for the sea. ^^
Effectively your normal map is to appearing on the sea which explain the look.
I hope you find a good compromise!

Love driving this with puddles on the road.
Works so well in VR - I don't know how as there is so much detail. I keep stopping and just looking around.
Looking forward to the new features, though there is just so much to do on the map as it is now.

Well done and congrats on a mega track! I am off now to spend a couple more hours exploring.
5/5

Edit: The small aircraft spewing smoke and trying to make an emergency landing while I'm on the runway. AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!
Lovely touch :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Oh my, I haven't touched AC in probably a year or more (too many hours spent driving around L.A. Canyons, I needed a rest) and I don't know how I came into a video of this track today on YT. My first thoughts were "wow, this looks exactly like my dream track, a big place I can drive around, no races, no anything, just cruise around in a car enjoying the scenery, different roads and routes, etc" pretty much like L.A.C on an island and then I read 'by Ben O'bro' and I thought "I'd swear that was the same guy who made L.A.C!" and well I was right, I am downloading the track right now, haven't tried it yet but I honestly can't contain my excitement. LAC was amazing with tons of km to drive around and this looks even better.

@Ben O'Bro Do you intend to do a VIP version of this where we can roam around the whole island without limitations like you did with LAC??

Anyway, I'm going to play this before making any more questions. Sorry but I am very excited by the video I've just watched and I had to post it.

Last edited:
Oh my, I haven't touched AC in probably a year or more (too many hours spent driving around L.A. Canyons, I needed a rest) and I don't know how I came into a video of this track today on YT. My first thoughts were "wow, this looks exactly like my dream track, a big place I can drive around, no races, no anything, just cruise around in a car enjoying the scenery, different roads and routes, etc" pretty much like L.A.C in an island and then I read 'by Ben O'bro' and I thought "I'd swear that was the same guy who made L.A.C!" and well I was right, I am downloading the track right now, haven't tried it yet but I honestly can't contain my excitement. LAC was amazing with tons of km to drive around and this looks even better.

@Ben O'Bro Do you intend to do a VIP version of this where we can roam around the whole island without limitations like you did with LAC??

Anyway, I'm going to play this before making any more questions. Sorry but I am very excited by the video I've just watched and I had to post it.
can't you already roam the whole island without limitation ? :cool:

can't you already roam the whole island without limitation ? :cool:

Yeah man, sorry about that, as I said before I should have played it before making any questions. :sneaky:

I could only play for about 15 minutes but it looks amazing. The water a bit weird in VR, kind of flat but maybe it was something on my config I need to change.

Thanks a lot for your excellent work, I love all your mods.

Yesterday I had the time to drive a few whole Laps around the Island finally.
I love how you added all the Audio sources around the Track- the Birds, the Churchbell, a Dog Barking... really adds to the Atmosphere!
I suggest you take a look into the Collision meshes- the Fire Station (The Building on the left when coming from the Dirt Road) can be driven through. This is especially a problem, since it allows for some kind of cheating when usin the scenic Layout- You don't have to drive through the narrow section, you can drive wide. Also, some of the Posts for the electric Wires are 'Sticky', Although I believe that's a limitation of the Engine itself...
Apart from that, I can just say again: Thank you very much for all your hard Work!

ah good point on the collision of the firestation, probably forgot that ^^
as for the poles, indeed they are sticky due to how thin it is.
Wood fence etc. had the same problem before i made the collision wider than what it is.
I'm not sure what i can do about poles. I moved some out of the way, I also did remove the collision from the traffic lights already cause they were annoying

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.