Tracks Twin Ring Motegi [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody remember this?
okayama.png

I know, but the offer to provide the track for free kind of nullifies any complaints about the price. Some people will be glad to pay €10 by way of appreciation... for everyone else it's free if they want it.
If you walk into a cafe and a coffee is priced at ten bucks, but the barista says anyone can have it for free... can anyone still really complain about the price? Payment is entirely optional for anyone who wants it, Mitja made that clear pages ago. Just enjoy the coffee however you choose to... or go thirsty if you want.

I find it difficult to take that statement seriously, considering he's teamed up with URD and all. They can't be happy setting up a deal just for the product to be available for free like this regardless

I find it difficult to take that statement seriously, considering he's teamed up with URD and all. They can't be happy setting up a deal just for the product to be available for free like this regardless
Well, it's there in black and white. I'm just trying to add some context and perpective.
*shrugs*

Anyone complaining about "unfair pricing" is naive. As long as a good/service isn't essential, there is no such thing as an unfair price. It's a luxury item. Either you think it's worth it, or you don't. Either way you're free to vote with your wallet. Buy it or don't. It doesn't matter.

Also, people really need to stop thinking their opinions matter all that much. It's his effort, his decision, his problem. Any whining is just entitlement and everyone really needs to realise that.

For the record; I haven't decided if I'll be buying it or not, yet. Simply because I'm not familiar enough with the circuit itself to know if I would like driving it. I know it's great quality, though.

Choice is indeed pretty simple...
No Motegi = $0
Motegi = $10

:D
Here's the problem with this argument - Mitja posted many, many progress images and videos from this mod for two entire years before even hinting that it would be a paid 10 euro product. In that time patrikpat was working on his own scratch made Motegi mod but stopped when he saw Mitja's thread. His version looked just as good as Mitja's, so what exactly have we gained with this project? I think only a lot of legal attention since Mitja tried contacting Motegi and Honda for data and is now selling an unlicensed product advertised in a forum thread and 16 YouTube videos that still call it "Twin Ring Motegi". He didn't learn anything from his Okayama blunder. It's more like:

No Mitja = Motegi $0.
Mitja = Liability to the community.

kerb.jpg

Is this what a "sub 5cm" laser scan gets you? All of the run off areas that should be raised compared to the track are completely flat. Kerbs that should be negative are positive.

Damn, I'm kind of bummed about the price of the track, I was under the impression this would be free to download. I'll buy the track, I don't mind paying for quality content. What I'm more bummed about is the availability to use the track in multiplayer as a lot of other players do not see eye to eye with me when it comes to paying for mods. Was really looking forward to competing against others on SRS using this track, but thanks to the pricing, I doubt that will ever happen. :(

I'll wait for sellfy link. I'm really not a huge fan or urd's "5 download limit for each purchase and when you exhaust those, you have to talk to ales" protocol.

Edit: oh btw, the download links on urd's site has an expiration date too. Even if you used only 1 out of your 5 downloads, if you don't download for a loooooooong time, you have to talk to ales again....

I'll wait for sellfy link. I'm really not a huge fan or urd's "5 download limit for each purchase and when you exhaust those, you have to talk to ales" protocol.

Edit: oh btw, the download links on urd's site has an expiration date too. Even if you used only 1 out of your 5 downloads, if you don't download for a loooooooong time, you have to talk to ales again....

So you are telling us you have no clue how to backup your own data? *sigh*

So you are telling us you have no clue how to backup your own data? *sigh*
No. I'm telling people i've had to contact ales twice because of the frequent updates he did for t5 2018 :) I already used up all of my 5 downloads after each time he updated and after that, i had to re-download because i changed two ssds (both previous ones went kaput) So i had to contact him twice.

Besides, this "download limit" thing is an ancient practice. I'm sure you and most people here are old enough to remember.

Anyway, no sellfy, no buy for me.

wait what? theres a download limit on this???? what the hell????

Grab it , and I must say very good IMO , only issue I had it crashed on a replay so I’ll look into that , also do we know when or if the correct track skin will be out ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 12 33.3%