Tracks Twin Ring Motegi [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, he already said that if you don't have enough money or are too cheap for it that he will give it to you for free. I understand that it may be expensive, but it doesn't have to be said for 2 pages time and time again, he won't change his mind and you just clutter up this thread.

Discussing things on a forum?
facepalm-pony.png

Yeah, these tracks definitely wouldn't be worth 10€. They are absolutely not bad (bar some assets at Okayama), but they're not worth 10€. That's why the question is: what kind of improvements does Motegi bring in quality over these two? It's a legitimate question to ask, and facepalm images from various sources are not going to deter me from that.

Discussing things on a forum?
Yeah, these tracks definitely wouldn't be worth 10€. They are absolutely not bad (bar some assets at Okayama), but they're not worth 10€. That's why the question is: what kind of improvements does Motegi bring in quality over these two? It's a legitimate question to ask, and facepalm images from various sources are not going to deter me from that.
Not sure If Okayama and Chang were built on accurate data, but he’s claiming Motegi is, so it could justify the higher price tag.

I understand the 2 tracks for one price package, but If it was me, I would split the 2. Removing the physical mesh and maybe even reduce the detail for the track someone isn’t buying, but still there to complete the scenery. My 2 cents :)

IMO lower price would result a lot more sold numbers and money.This way some people will not even think about buying it.Shame because I know track will be top quality(love his work on other tracks).But in my view It cant be woth half price of AC on steam.Good luck looks awesome on those screens.(to be clear I bought a lot of mods half of them I regret).

facepalm-pony.png

Okayama is a literal race07 conversion. I see why people are hesitant to hand him money.

I think the price is ok actually, if that's directed at me.
No it's not directed at you it just my opinion like everyone else on here. I'm maybe just a bit meh on the whole thing about people going off about what modders charge for their work. I've tried to do modding and gave up as the too hard basket and why should their time and effort be any different to person that is hired to do the same sort of thing.
For ones that do it for free we should be very grateful that they wish to do that and Mitja has done that in the past.
If you want it pay for it if you don't well find an alternative or you go without.
Where would AC be now if Modders didn't take the time to do what they do which includes CM.

I don't think the people complaining can't afford it, it's about the actual price being asked.
I know, but the offer to provide the track for free kind of nullifies any complaints about the price. Some people will be glad to pay €10 by way of appreciation... for everyone else it's free if they want it.
If you walk into a cafe and a coffee is priced at ten bucks, but the barista says anyone can have it for free... can anyone still really complain about the price? Payment is entirely optional for anyone who wants it, Mitja made that clear pages ago. Just enjoy the coffee however you choose to... or go thirsty if you want.

Wrong, this screenshot is taken from the Okayama page.
View attachment 375368
Lol i could tell you that i built this website from scratch in a post somewhere and you'd believe it. Ill show you.

The first and probably most obvious sign is the main pit building.

spgpJQx.jpg

wYWik7T.jpg

directly lifted from the race07 dlc. absolutely no changes made to the UV map etc.

lLfZGhe.jpg

RPhCRAw.jpg

Even more evidence via the "simbin designed" Grand Prix cafe branding thats different IRL.

4B7MIcX.jpg

wSPwh2V.jpg

Idemitsu gas station is identical to the simbin designed version, completely innacurate to real life.

And quite possibly my favorite of the bunch that i found when i was retexturing the whole track to remove all the simbin textures is this little building right here.

Now in Race07. It looks like this.
MymlgdB.jpg

Clearly has references to SIMBIN and race07 on the inside as an easter egg, well our good ol boy over here broke the uv map intentionally to hide it.

d8hW7FO.jpg

so its just this destroyed texture where that wall should be but he completely forgot to remove it from the texture itself. so you can see it here in all its glory.

fWinR9W.jpg

Im not trying to rag on his work but im just really weary that he wants to charge iRacing prices when hes been making what i can only describe as glorified conversions.

Lol i could tell you that i built this website from scratch in a post somewhere and you'd believe it. Ill show you.

The first and probably most obvious sign is the main pit building.

spgpJQx.jpg

wYWik7T.jpg

directly lifted from the race07 dlc. absolutely no changes made to the UV map etc.

lLfZGhe.jpg

RPhCRAw.jpg

Even more evidence via the "simbin designed" Grand Prix cafe branding thats different IRL.

4B7MIcX.jpg

wSPwh2V.jpg

Idemitsu gas station is identical to the simbin designed version, completely innacurate to real life.

And quite possibly my favorite of the bunch that i found when i was retexturing the whole track to remove all the simbin textures is this little building right here.

Now in Race07. It looks like this.
MymlgdB.jpg

Clearly has references to SIMBIN and race07 on the inside as an easter egg, well our good ol boy over here broke the uv map intentionally to hide it.

d8hW7FO.jpg

so its just this destroyed texture where that wall should be but he completely forgot to remove it from the texture itself. so you can see it here in all its glory.

fWinR9W.jpg

Im not trying to rag on his work but im just really weary that he wants to charge iRacing prices when hes been making what i can only describe as glorified conversions.
I've never played Race 07 so I had no evidence against his claims that it was scratch made. I'll consider what you've presented substantial evidence in that case, looks pretty clear cut to me, and you've made me look a bit silly too :roflmao: :roflmao: . Anything regarding the track mesh, or is it just converted building assets?

I've never played Race 07 so I had no evidence against his claims that it was scratch made. I'll consider what you've presented substantial evidence in that case, looks pretty clear cut to me, and you've made me look a bit silly too :roflmao: :roflmao: . Anything regarding the track mesh, or is it just converted building assets?
I dont have a way to compare the wireframes at the moment but i can tell you right now that a good 80% of the uv maps are compatible between both versions if thats of any significance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes