Tracks Twin Ring Motegi [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Info before release:
Track will be available on Saturday 23.5.2020 (so tomorrow) for 10€.
GP layout has 30 slots, while oval has 40.

10€? That is... honestly way too much. Not from a standpoint of not being able to afford it, but just in general. It's literally more expensive than any AC DLC. Hell, you can buy 2-3 DLCs for that price, depending on which ones you buy.

You are free to price your content however you want, but I do question why it is 10€. Could you possibly enlighten me?

facepalm-transformer.png

It doesn't even matter a tiny bit what Kunos DLC did cost in the days or what other modding projects cost.

It's his work, his efforts, he can set the price the way he wants and none of us has the right to even argue about it.

Or are you muppets also entering your local (enter premium brand of your desire here) dealerships asking the sales rep to give you a free car or even reduce the price to that of a bloody Dacia Duster cos why not!?!?!?!

No, you don't? Yeah, didn't think so!!!

And even more worrying are the earlier likes here even from content creators who are generous to offer their stuff for free. I mean do you really believe those cheapskate bozos here are actually able to understand the value and the generosity involved in getting a free item if they can't even understand the tiny pricetag for someone else's work? I very much doubt that.

Anyhow back to Motegi: BRING IT ON, MITJA ! :D

People really need to forget that kunos dlcs even existed. I mean... f***ing really. They were a once in a lifetime thing.

If you'll compare paid mods to a company's dlc, choose anything but kunos. Those f***ers gambled big and won big.
Ok we'll compare it to ACC's IGTC track pack then, 15 euro for 4 tracks, or 3.75 per track. Or VRC's two tracks are which are both roughly 4 euro's each too. I don't mind paying for a track provided it's high quality (which I trust that this is), but from a consumer standpoint 10 euros is incredibly steep considering the price of other similar content on the market.

It's his work, his efforts, he can set the price the way he wants and none of us has the right to even argue about it.
He can absolutely set the price to whatever he wants, that's how a free market works, but to say we don't have the RIGHT to argue about it is absolutely false. It's a public forum, and we, the consumer, can absolutely argue whether or not we believe a price is fair or not. Does that mean he has to change anything? No, it doesn't, but we can still voice our opinions anyway.

Ok we'll compare it to ACC's IGTC track pack then, 15 euro for 4 tracks, or 3.75 per track. Or VRC's two tracks are which are both roughly 4 euro's each too. I don't mind paying for a track provided it's high quality (which I trust that this is), but from a consumer standpoint 10 euros is incredibly steep considering the price of other similar content on the market.
Emphasis on "kunos"

They continue their trend of cheap dlcs with ACC.

indeed 10 Euros is far too much for a track even if it's one road and one oval etc etc,
so move on. time will tell if it's worth or not .
he's putting a low value for his time.
Lilski does it for free (and most of the track makers, but just to name one)
you can always think of it as a donation you never made for the other tracks he made, well, Okayama and half of Chang.
just don't buy it if it's too much.

indeed 10 Euros is far too much for a track even if it's one road and one oval etc etc,
so move on. time will tell if it's worth or not .
he's putting a low value for his time.
Lilski does it for free (and most of the track makers, but just to name one)
you can always think of it as a donation you never made for the other tracks he made, well, Okayama and half of Chang.
just don't buy it if it's too much.
No he's right (not sarcastic) He absolutely has the right to argue... Just as we have the right to present our counter-arguments in a good manner.

Twin Ring Motegi isn't one track, but two. The Super Speedway is an entirely different track to the road course, so it's more realistic to compare its pricetag to two tracks made by X creator.

Jesus, he already said that if you don't have enough money or are too cheap for it that he will give it to you for free. I understand that it may be expensive, but it doesn't have to be said for 2 pages time and time again, he won't change his mind and you just clutter up this thread.

Emphasis on "kunos"

They continue their trend of cheap dlcs with ACC.
I think you missed the part where I even compared it to another mod team's efforts too, but you can just pick and choose what part of my replies to read too if that suits you.

That's a pathetic attempt to try and get a reduced price, nothing more, nothing less.
Your judgement of my motivations mean literally nothing to me. Also, I don't care what he does or doesn't do with the price in response, I was simply enquiring as to why the decision was made to price it where it is. It's priced similarly with the likes of iRacing and rFactor 2, which both get criticised for their content being overpriced.

Or are you muppets also entering your local (enter premium brand of your desire here) dealerships asking the sales rep to give you a free car or even reduce the price to that of a bloody Dacia Duster cos why not!?!?!?!

No, you don't? Yeah, didn't think so!!!

Nah, I don't do that, but I like to check the value of any given product before I buy it. 10€ are not unheard of for a track, but you can expect people to be sceptical about it - 10€ is a premium price, but we don't know if the product lives up to its pricetag.

I'm not jumping to any conclusions, after it's released, we'll know more. However, telling people they're muppets for asking why the price is that high is not constructive at all.

Nah, I don't do that, but I like to check the value of any given product before I buy it. 10€ are not unheard of for a track, but you can expect people to be sceptical about it - 10€ is a premium price, but we don't know if the product lives up to its pricetag.

I'm not jumping to any conclusions, after it's released, we'll know more. However, telling people they're muppets for asking why the price is that high is not constructive at all.

facepalm-pony.png

Choice is indeed pretty simple...
No Motegi = $0
Motegi = $10

:D

Pretty sure IRacing charges the same for a new track and you don’t even own the files, lol

Let's put it this way...

No Motegi =$0
Motegi track = 4.99€
Motegi oval = 4.99€
Motegi full = 9.99€

Sounds better? The pricing model forces everyone to buy the layouts they don't want, causing a large barrier of entry for no good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes