Tracks Twin Ring Motegi [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRM-themed replacement balloons for download:

Screenshot_bacmono_twin_ring_motegi_16-5-120-11-20-38.jpg Screenshot_bacmono_twin_ring_motegi_16-5-120-11-21-51.jpg

Here's the problem with this argument - Mitja posted many, many progress images and videos from this mod for two entire years before even hinting that it would be a paid 10 euro product. In that time patrikpat was working on his own scratch made Motegi mod but stopped when he saw Mitja's thread. His version looked just as good as Mitja's, so what exactly have we gained with this project? I think only a lot of legal attention since Mitja tried contacting Motegi and Honda for data and is now selling an unlicensed product advertised in a forum thread and 16 YouTube videos that still call it "Twin Ring Motegi". He didn't learn anything from his Okayama blunder. It's more like:

No Mitja = Motegi $0.
Mitja = Liability to the community.

View attachment 375425

Is this what a "sub 5cm" laser scan gets you? All of the run off areas that should be raised compared to the track are completely flat. Kerbs that should be negative are positive.
Maybe your replay is not the same as mine, LOL

Last edited:
What a Masterpiece, simply amazing!
Thanks for your fantastic effort to bring this essential track finaly to AC.
Thank YOU for being a part of this project. Ones more, I can only say to you @Sokinawa, and your wife, who both took hundreds of pictures for me while visiting Twin Ring Motegi track Thank you indeed! And all those pictures were a huge deal.
Only few can imagine how hard is to make this kind of a track - that detailed, and not having a street view from Goolge or anything similar help.
For comparison, AC staff has gone to each location to take thousands of images beside laser scan of a track, to make it right. I did it all from a chair in my room. Believe me, a damn hard job to do!

AC Tochigi Racing Ring--purchase link
Featured on the United Racing Design's Sellfy store page.
After making the purchase, you will receive an email with a download link.

just downloaded and played!! awesome thank you!

Mitja, thank you for finally bringing this track to ac and thanks for the accuracy.

But there are two objects on the track that are desperate for a complete do-over. First is marshalls. They're straight out of a ps1 game (calling them ps2 level would be generous) Second are the red/yellow/green lights. They too, remind of my good old virtua fighter days on sega(not jokin unfortunately) I wanted to take this specific shot as the title card of my video but i can't stomach those lights... Not only the lids but the lights themselves are incredibly low poly too. I'd be glad if you threw them in trash and made them from scratch.

Other than these two glaring issues, i saw nothing worth doing over. Overall great job excluding these two nasty playstation one objects.

Screenshot_rss_gt_tornado_v12_tochigi_racing_ring_24-4-120-0-56-51.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gt_tornado_v12_tochigi_racing_ring_24-4-120-1-7-11.jpg
Screenshot_rss_gt_tornado_v12_tochigi_racing_ring_24-4-120-1-7-31.jpg

Mitja, thank you for finally bringing this track to ac and thanks for the accuracy.

But there are two objects on the track that are desperate for a complete do-over. First is marshalls. They're straight out of a ps1 game (calling them ps2 level would be generous) Second are the red/yellow/green lights. They too, remind of my good old virtua fighter days on sega(not jokin unfortunately) I wanted to take this specific shot as the title card of my video but i can't stomach those lights... Not only the lids but the lights themselves are incredibly low poly too. I'd be glad if you threw them in trash and made them from scratch.

Other than these two glaring issues, i saw nothing worth doing over. Overall great job excluding these two nasty playstation one objects.

View attachment 375647
View attachment 375654View attachment 375655
AC is a crap game, bad for cpu and gpu. So this is what we get trying hard to optimized - indeed! For example rF2 has 3x more objects for same fps on the end - so go figure.
I knew someone will stumbled over that sooner or later ;) Will be implemented in the update!

AC is a crap game, bad for cpu and gpu. So this is what we get trying hard to optimized - indeed! For example rF2 has 3x more objects for same fps on the end - so go figure.
I knew someone will stumbled over that sooner or later ;) Will be implemented in the update!
Thank you. I went into f7 free camera mode and inspected the track up and down. Some people might b*tch about other parts but i went over everything and these two were all i could find. No other complaints visually. Road feel is amazing too.

Thank you. I went into f7 free camera mode and inspected the track up and down. Some people might b*tch about other parts but i went over everything and these two were all i could find. No other complaints visually. Road feel is amazing too.
Thx. If there is anything, anything at all, you can email me: mbonca@gmail.com (its better to say that privately).
I will fix all the issues and after that we intend to release the track for the rF2 as well!

Last edited:
Maybe you should learn about smoothing groups and things wouldn't look so dated...

And no rf2 isn't a better engine. All my tracks that were converted over to rf2 run better in AC.

PS: seriously, if there is anything, anything at all, you can email me: mbonca@gmail.com (its better to say that privately).

Like i said i went over the track with f7 cam. Are there other objects that COULD be better? of course. But i'm more like an essentials guy... and these two are the only ones that are essential, in need of complete do-over. The rest are not noticed when driving/watching a replay. Only these two issues are noticeable when driving or watching a replay.

Maybe you should learn about smoothing groups and things wouldn't look so dated...

And no rf2 isn't a better engine. All my tracks that were converted over to rf2 run better in AC.
I know smoothing groups, maybe I just forget to use them so often (I admit - great that you reminded me about it).
But if there is not enough of polys, its just simply not good enough.
About converting to rF2, I will see that now for the 1st time. So far I only experienced the other way around,

Last edited:
I purchased an ASR Formula car at sellfy.com in 2018.
Currently the link does not work and no response is received to the inquiry.
If I buy from sellfy.com, is the update not guaranteed?

I was interested in buying, but won't for these issues:
1. The clear and obvious use of unlicensed copyrighted logo's throughout the track. You cannot do that on a paid track.
2. The lack of final quality control, and your frankly horrid responses to people pointing that out.
3 And finally, calling BS and swearing at people who are posting legit criticism is not good business, and I won't be supporting it. You have to accept that you did a bait and switch by announcing that late and not being clear that you wanted it to be payware from the start, and people were rightly angry at that. But your responses throughout this thread were terrible, and insulting community members was the final straw for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back