Tracks Twin Ring Motegi [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was interested in buying, but won't for these issues:
1. The clear and obvious use of unlicensed copyrighted logo's throughout the track. You cannot do that on a paid track.
2. The lack of final quality control, and your frankly horrid responses to people pointing that out.
3 And finally, calling BS and swearing at people who are posting legit criticism is not good business, and I won't be supporting it. You have to accept that you did a bait and switch by announcing that late and not being clear that you wanted it to be payware from the start, and people were rightly angry at that. But your responses throughout this thread were terrible, and insulting community members was the final straw for me.
LOL
I will buy your track (Aston Field Street Circuit 0.1) if you put it on sellfy. Amazing work there. I give you 100€ - so I will do exactly the opposite.

unknown.png

Maybe someone should tell URD that they are using images with the official branding still on there. Both on Sellfy and their own website.

Not only is this false advertising, it also masks just how bad the track looks just plastered in URD advertisements.

To all of you who believe that criticizing someone's paid mod means they want that content for free, you're delusional. What you're saying is that whenever anyone has a problem with a product and they're responsible enough with their money to not purchase it because of that fault, they're entitled and believe they deserve to get that product for free. It's nonsense and you know it. There's numerous other paid mods to purchase instead, and I, for myself, have spent my money on VRC's tracks and Auriel 90 instead.

LETS STOP THIS BULLSHIT!
---
Maybe your replay is not the same as mine, LOL - screw YouTube.com
And btw, what is your mission on this planet Earth, trying so desperately hard to f*ack me up?
And btw, what have you done for humanity? As you can clearly see I have done some small things, no matter how hard are you trying to neglect that.
--
I hope this thread goes on in a normal, reasonable way, else will be permanently closed for good!
My problem with you is that you've been parading a stolen Codemasters Red Bull Ring as your own work for the last six years. Even when confronted with evidence you haven't even acknowledged this.

spielberg.png

My "replay" is your own comparison video, real view perfectly aligned to game view with the same car. The walls are not in the right place. If the track was really was "laser scanned" as everyone understands the process to be I have no idea how so many of the walls and kerbs could end up so wrong. Every kerb is positive when the track has a lot of negative kerbs. With a real laser scan it's impossible to get those details wrong. It's the point of laser scanning, which you are marketing your product as using.

This bridge is so low it's practically at eye level for God's sake. What scan wouldn't pick that up?

bridge.jpg

This free mod for GPBikes is leagues better than yours in terms of accuracy and graphics, despite using a far inferior graphics engine. Stop blaming the engine for your own failings. Your texture work is frankly atrocious and you seem to have no idea of what 3d normals even are.

You aren't some gift to humanity, you're selling an overpriced mediocre unlicensed product illegally using real brand names after a 2 year long bait and switch marketing scheme.

I've purchased the track to see what the fuzz was all about. I'm requesting a refund now, seeing all this irrefutable evidence of shady business, besides lying about it being "laser scanned", unless there's a magic way of doing that from your own room, in your chair.
From doing my own investigation on this claim he had received lidar data. not necessarily the stuff youd actually use to make a track more stuff that youd use for the surroundings. misleading yes.
20200523_104457.jpg

according to the person who gave this scan to mitja its within 5m of accuracy.

but on another topic. I started rextexturing the track to be accurate and noticed that he never bothered to change the backing boards for the oval so its just a really nasty stretched wall texture thats mapped to the barriers around the track sadly , even after i brought it up while he was working on the track. really disappointing for an oversight like this to be in a pay mod tbh.

1590322812673.png

what im talking about

1590322916243.png

This is my list of stuff that I have found so far, and this is just some of the worst stuff. There are many many more minor issues too small to worry about. I've also sent emails to the owners of Twin Ring Motegi pointing out some of the legal issues.

I want to make it clear, I would not have bothered with this is I wasn't insulted personally by Mitja. You brought this on yourself

5 METRE RESOLUTION! The resolution and accuracy of this is barely better than standard Google Earth terrain. This is NOWHERE near accurate enough to call the track itself "laser scanned". The point of laser scanning is to pick up every tiny bump and variation in the track surface in minute detail. Points spaced out by 5 metres over a 12 metre wide track is nowhere near good enough. It isn't even good enough to pick up where the walls are, let alone the kerbs. I'm guessing 5cm of spatial accuracy means any individual point could be off by 5cm, which is a gigantic variation and unusable for a mesh.

What do you mean exactly? It was a mesh of triangles with spatial resolution of <5cm.

This is blatant false advertising to go along with your illegal use of unlicensed logos and brands in all of your marketing materials. Creating your own branded texture pack isn't a workaround, it's an advertisement in itself.

From doing my own investigation on this claim he had received lidar data. not necessarily the stuff youd actually use to make a track more stuff that youd use for the surroundings. misleading yes. View attachment 375799
according to the person who gave this scan to mitja its within 5m of accuracy.

but on another topic. I started rextexturing the track to be accurate and noticed that he never bothered to change the backing boards for the oval so its just a really nasty stretched wall texture thats mapped to the barriers around the track sadly , even after i brought it up while he was working on the track. really disappointing for an oversight like this to be in a pay mod tbh.

View attachment 375800

what im talking about

View attachment 375802
Thanks, so it's NOT laser scanned as they claim, but using LIDAR data, two completely different things.

This is laser scanned, and it takes more than sitting in your chair

And from the post above, I can add all these

Screenshot_a3dr_subaru_impreza_wrx_tochigi_racing_ring_24-5-120-9-22-41.jpg

Screenshot_a3dr_subaru_impreza_wrx_tochigi_racing_ring_24-5-120-9-23-51.jpg

Screenshot_a3dr_subaru_impreza_wrx_tochigi_racing_ring_24-5-120-9-24-9.jpg

Screenshot_a3dr_subaru_impreza_wrx_tochigi_racing_ring_24-5-120-9-23-8.jpg

Screenshot_a3dr_subaru_impreza_wrx_tochigi_racing_ring_24-5-120-9-23-29.jpg

Screenshot_a3dr_subaru_impreza_wrx_tochigi_racing_ring_24-5-120-9-24-29.jpg

This is just terrible for any quality standard, what a ripoff.

Honestly, I wanted to support Mitja, given his previous free work is a LOT better than this, but with all these accusations and obvious visual evidence I regret sending money their way. Will never purchase anything else from him or URD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back