Resource icon

Misc Traffic Addon for Shutoko Revival Project Beta v0.9 0.92

Login or Register an account to download this content
SRP 0.9.1 is finally out. Will this traffic pack work with it?
I was gonna ask the same thing. Since discovering this traffic mod, along with a proper traffic pack; I hardly use the official SRP servers, because racing with this AI file feels more realistic. Hopefully an update for the new version will be released soon. BEcause I have it since it was on PTB and the new version looks gorgeous, plus it adds a new route.

@PetrolheadChris I see the traffic layouts in new SRP version but when I tried to load it in AI flood traffic mode it blocks my PC bad and it wont work so I installled back old SRP.

Bad is that there is no AI for any layout in new SRP...
I have a track called c1-midnight_v13 in that one there is AI and it drives fast in race mode...

Last edited:
Hi, thank you so much for creating this. Just leaving this here as I've noticed SRP has just been updated to 0.9.1, this traffic mod is no longer compatible. Would love to see it updated. All the best.
Thanks.
Since there is no way for me to just update it, i would need to redo it from scratch and currently i am unable to dedicate the time needed for that project.
Don't expect it (from me) until maybe after september.

Hi guys,

I am interested in driving the traffic on SRP myself and I tried to trick it to load with PTB5. It has the fatal error because of the different naming of some parts of the physical mesh on the newer versions of "physical_mesh.kn5" which also require the different "surfaces.ini". So if you like to have the new buildings and lights available while still using this traffic you may trick it to load with the new version by using the old "physical_mesh.kn5" and renaming it "physical_mesh_old.kn5". Place a copy of it in the track's folder, make a copy of the new "models_tatsumi_pa.ini" and rename it to "models_tatsumi_pa_traffic.ini" (replacing the one that comes with this traffic), then edit that .ini to read
Code:
[MODEL_4]
FILE=physical_mesh_old.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

Same for the "models_shibaura_pa.ini" if you want to have the second traffic layout available. It costs another 220 MB of disk space so I'm skipping that. When I want to start from different location on a big track I make myself a "pit_lane.ai" there and then move the "fast_lane.ai" so no space goes wasted. In this case the traffic from other locations would need their separate layouts in which there would be the old versions of "surfaces.ini" insted of the new ones. "Yoyogi" won't be available this way, sorry. I remember @Gunja wrote me some time ago that it took 14 hours to render the lines. I'm grateful for his patience and dedication. And of course I'm amazed by the development of SRP. Truly a symbol of what collective work can achieve.

I'm giving this tips based on what I found using 3DSimED and Blender while I was confirming that lines and mesh are still in alignment. I don't have the SRP 0.9 so it's up to you to find out if this trick works. Write your feedback and suggestions, please.

Attachments

• blender+.jpg
    blender+.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
Well, turns out the idea was valid until the CSP encryption comes into play. The old model "physical_mesh.kn5" fails to load properly with the newer track due to decryption mismatch. It adds insult to injury as I don't understand the need for encryption on the physical mesh in that separate model. It's not as if someone is going to steal it and place it in some other track like they do with buildings, bridges, ornaments, lo-polys, textures and whatnot.

Thats bad..I didnt try it.But I see I dont have to like you just said.
Shame there is no AI at all on any layout.
Same as many great Japanese roads:( I'm gonna use old version of the track.

Last edited:
Thats bad..I didnt try it.But I see I dont have to like you just said.
Shame there is no AI at all on any layout.
Same as many great Japanese roads:( I'm gonna use old version of the track.
I'm on the same boat but I deleted the old version of the track and now I can't play the traffic version.

Do you have a link for the older version or somewhere were I can download it? I would appreciate it very much, missing driving through traffic.

Last edited:
Ok so i didn't even had the change to make it work with the last version of SRP. Tatsumi shows me a "AI spline might be missing or Broken" and Shibura shows me and error about AC_REVERB_25 or something like that. Thought it couldve been interesting but now its getting late and im just confused about what to do...

For easy fix: just copy and paste all of the files from the respective latest SRP map folder (tatsumi pa to tatsumi traffic and shibaura pa to shibaura traffic). The shibaura works well and it was awesome but the tatsumi traffic probably needs reworked ai pitlane. It says ai spline is missing

tldr: shibaura works with easy fix but not tatsumi

Last edited:
For easy fix: just copy and paste all of the files from the respective latest SRP map folder (tatsumi pa to tatsumi traffic and shibaura pa to shibaura traffic). The shibaura works well and it was awesome but the tatsumi traffic probably needs reworked ai pitlane. It says ai spline is missing

I am sorry, I do not understand what to copy where.

Could you please elaborate which files to copy?

I am sorry, I do not understand what to copy where.

Could you please elaborate which files to copy?
all of them in the shibaura_pa folder from 0.9.1 SRP to shibaura_pa_traffic folder
data folder, map, and map_mini

because the traffic map is exactly based on the old 9.0 map, so we just need to replace the settings for 9.0 with the one made for 9.1

You can try to do the same for tatsumi_pa folder as well but for me it didnt work and it said AI spline is missing.

@Gunja so from the loading screen it looked like the process rendering the fast_lane.ai was success but they failed to render from the pit_lane.ai . Maybe as a start, when you have time you can just try to fix the pit_lane.ai first and see if it works?

Last edited:

Confirmed, it works on PTB5 too! Like @skull_knight said - copy all from folder "shibaura_pa" into "shibaura_pa_traffic". Also for the PTB the "models_shibaura_pa_traffic.ini" has to be edited so all paragraphs in it are replaced by the ones from "models_shibaura_pa.ini". And if you have enabled "Cache generated payloads" in "New AI behavior" settings it is 10 min for loading only the first time. Then it's ~2 min total for loading with 12 cars.

Confirmed, it works on PTB5 too! Like @skull_knight said - copy all from folder "shibaura_pa" into "shibaura_pa_traffic". Also for the PTB the "models_shibaura_pa_traffic.ini" has to be edited so all paragraphs in it are replaced by the ones from "models_shibaura_pa.ini". And if you have enabled "Cache generated payloads" in "New AI behavior" settings it is 10 min for loading only the first time. Then it's ~2 min total for loading with 12 cars.
still crash on tatsumi traffic map

still crash on tatsumi traffic map

Once you make it work with the "shibaura_pa_traffic" you can use the same lines (moving all of those files into the corresponding "ai" subfolder) and load from any of the other layouts. As long as you use AI flood it doesn'y matter that the pit lane is not a match for the starting location. The AI gets spawned on the road by the flood.

Last edited:
Allright guys, I made it work just like @skull_knight said. Only works with Shibaura, but it's good enough for me. In case anyone doesn't understand, I'll copy the steps I followed.

1) Extract the SRP 0.9.1 files on it's respective "content/tracks" folder on the AC installation folder.
2) Extract the Traffic layouts from this download on the "Shuto_revival_project_beta" folder
3) Go to the "Shibaura_pa" folder and copy everything but the "ai" folder.
4) Paste them inside the "Shibaura_pa_traffic"
5) Go back to the "Shuto_Revival_Project_Beta" folder and open the "models_shibaura_pa.ini"
6) Copy all the text on that file and paste it on "models_shibaura_pa_traffic.ini". Save that file.

You should be good to go. If you want, you can get inside the UI folder and change the UI settings as well.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.