The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

1617085155770.png

Classic whodunnit. Someone, somewhere, is wrong. Might be me.

Orange peaks are supposed to line up with green peaks. They don't, which means some part of the data is wrong. But is it suspension, aero, tires? Probably tires. Dunno. None of them are nice options.

Oh nice, Fir/Pine cone to the face. I'm glad I run without the ai. There's no "smacked in the face" smile :cautious:

A pine cone was the least of your worries in that era:

"[Alan] Stacey was killed during the 1960 Belgian Grand Prix, at Spa-Francorchamps, when he crashed at 190 km/h after being hit in the face by a bird on lap 25, while lying in sixth place with his Lotus."

Stacey was killed during the 1960 Belgian Grand Prix, at Spa-Francorchamps, when he crashed at 190 km/h after being hit in the face by a bird on lap 25, while lying in sixth place with his Lotus.
True, this, and another driver was killed in the same race within laps of this accident at about the same location on the track, decapitated by barbed wire if memory serves. Grand prix racing was a bit of a different animal back then, the terms "risk" and "danger" carried entirely different meanings than they do in today's F1.

Still working in RSS FH21 add-ons.

RB16B fins and S-duct outlet. I still need to work and see every detail of this aerodinamic compound so it's maybe not very accurate. I know every add-on I will do it's not going to be 100% accurate, but I want it to have some aerodinamic sense.

Also there will be a SF21 add-on for RSS FH21. I'm trying to adapt the mercedes front zone (I don't know how it's called) to a Ferrari one. I don't know how I'm going to make it, but this is everything I have at the moment. The nose bow still needs to be refined, and the support pilars too (everything is too early WIP). It's going to be very hard to texture these to adapt to their respectives team's liveries.

1617383711759.png
1617383875551.png

And of course I don't forget about other cars. RSS Formula Americas is another aim for me. I'm working on an aeroscreen decal zone. The actual one is very tiny and most of the real liveries (if not all the teams) are using this to show their ads or drivers names.
1617384288007.png

Still in WIP as I need to rework the 3d model and the texture. As every add-on I've made so far, it would have some issues with the textures of the livery you want to use with. In any case, I will try to minimize this texture issue. Last, but not least important, if you have not noticed of this, aeroscreen fin is colorized. I've made this colorizable without edit all the material colour (like brakes duct)

As promised a couple more pics of two of our other projects at Casual Sim Studios.

Cars we are currently working on:
1. 1937 Mercedes Benz W25 Streamliner
2. 1906 Renault Grand Prix
3. 1886 Benz Patent Motorwagen

Cars in early development (no guarantees):
1. 1972 McLaren M20 Can-Am
2. 1970 Autocoast TI-22 Can-Am
3. 1964 Mecom Hussein Mk1
4. 1930 Ford Model A
5. 1908 Mercedes Grand Prix
6. 1906 Itala 35/40

I'm curious on getting some feedback as we are planning on charging for the mods, but want it to be an amount that most users would find affordable. Right now we are thinking $2 per car but are also considering $1, and we would like to sell them through a reputable mod website, any recommendations? Does Racedepartment have the option to sell mods?

Future updates on our progress will be posted on my youtube channel:
I'm visiting the Simeone Museum in Philadelphia next week and was wondering if you needed any photos or other information of the 1906 Renault, which they have there.

Had an urge to make a few freeware tools for myself after losing internet some time ago and not being able to access some of my resources, which are on the internet. Extremely embarrassing, so I decided to fix it.

One is a torsion bar calculator to get bar rates from a simplified antirollbar model, similar to Fred Puhn's method, just in metric. This one works pretty well, I'm decently sure about it.

RD1.PNG

The other is a frequency/damping analyzer to output some stuff that isn't shown in AC's in-game apps. Naturally, it will work for any good sim, as long as you put in the right stuff. That goes for the ARB sheet too. I'm not completely sure about some of the unsprung calculations, I need to still consult Milliken's work and Dixon's work to make sure.

RD2.PNG

Later I want to make a suspension analyzer as well. I'm not too keen anymore on relying on other people's work. That however will be somewhat more involved than these sheets. No promises.

Like I said these are freeware and open-source, so if someone wants them, give me a PM.

Perhaps at a later date once all of my tools are decently developed, I will post links to Google Sheets entries and the Excel files here on RD, so that we have free, easy-to-use-with-AC physics resources. Mainly for the up and coming new creators. No promises.

Shout out to CSP Discord for helping out with verifying many of the calculations.

EDIT: Definitely no promises on that suspension geometry tool. On second thought 2D outputs are very much so not useful at all (I was hoping at least camber can come out fine, but no) and I'm not going to start figuring out a kinematic method. I don't get paid enough for that ****. :p

However do expect more AC-specific tools. I'm making a solver for packers right now.

EDIT 2: And that packer solver is done.

RD3.PNG

Packers are THE most common question and I'm tired of answering it. This tool will output your in-game values to use in suspensions.ini.

DWB is completely accurate, but STRUT has minor inaccuracy because it has some weird stuff going on with sprung masses moving around and a badly implemented motion ratio being in place.

So you will need to know the motion ratio of the system at the height you are intending to build it at and your geometry should be precise as well.

In-game I got a SUSTRVL of 0.1843 at design height, while this outputs 0.1846 as you can see, so if your numbers are right, it is good enough. You should still check it ingame.

Last edited:
Had an urge to make a few freeware tools for myself after losing internet some time ago and not being able to access some of my resources, which are on the internet. Extremely embarrassing, so I decided to fix it.

One is a torsion bar calculator to get bar rates from a simplified antirollbar model, similar to Fred Puhn's method, just in metric. This one works pretty well, I'm decently sure about it.

View attachment 460874

The other is a frequency/damping analyzer to output some stuff that isn't shown in AC's in-game apps. Naturally, it will work for any good sim, as long as you put in the right stuff. That goes for the ARB sheet too. I'm not completely sure about some of the unsprung calculations, I need to still consult Milliken's work and Dixon's work to make sure.

View attachment 460883

Later I want to make a suspension analyzer as well. I'm not too keen anymore on relying on other people's work. That however will be somewhat more involved than these sheets. No promises.

Like I said these are freeware and open-source, so if someone wants them, give me a PM.

Perhaps at a later date once all of my tools are decently developed, I will post links to Google Sheets entries and the Excel files here on RD, so that we have free, easy-to-use-with-AC physics resources. Mainly for the up and coming new creators. No promises.

Shout out to CSP Discord for helping out with verifying many of the calculations.

EDIT: Definitely no promises on that suspension geometry tool. On second thought 2D outputs are very much so not useful at all (I was hoping at least camber can come out fine, but no) and I'm not going to start figuring out a kinematic method. I don't get paid enough for that ****. :p

However do expect more AC-specific tools. I'm making a solver for packers right now.

EDIT 2: And that packer solver is done.

View attachment 461008

Packers are THE most common question and I'm tired of answering it. This tool will output your in-game values to use in suspensions.ini.

DWB is completely accurate, but STRUT has minor inaccuracy because it has some weird stuff going on with sprung masses moving around and a badly implemented motion ratio being in place.

So you will need to know the motion ratio of the system at the height you are intending to build it at and your geometry should be precise as well.

In-game I got a SUSTRVL of 0.1843 at design height, while this outputs 0.1846 as you can see, so if your numbers are right, it is good enough. You should still check it ingame.

I don't know what any of this stuff means, but I'm sure this will be a huge help to any other physics modders around here! Thanks for the great work :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back