The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I'm visiting the Simeone Museum in Philadelphia next week and was wondering if you needed any photos or other information of the 1906 Renault, which they have there.

Pictures and information would be awesome to include as a document along with the model. However, the 3d model for the car is finished and we are currently putting it into Assetto Corsa. Our timeline for Alpha state is April 15th.

I added an exception toggle for STRUT suspensions in the main tab, so that some calcs which rely on that stuff being precise will use new exceptions.

STRUT converts 20% of unsprung mass into sprung mass, then due to being buggy, adds another 20% to sprung mass on top of that, I believe to be between STRUT_TYRE and STRUT_CAR. STRUT also multiplies the SPRING_RATE by the kinematically solved motion ratio of the system ie: 20000 * 0.95 (Which is not correct...), so I had to account for that too...

These will **** up your calcs really bad. I had to make an universal toggle to somewhat fix some of the calcs to a decent accuracy. You should still check in-game after you're satisfied with the overall values because I am making some assumptions like the mass applying to wheel center longitudinal position.

I also added CG calculators. The CG is sprung mass in AC, including the height in apps, so if you're matching to total loads (especially with fuel) and total CGH, this tool will make it much faster to nail the values to reasonable accuracy. You would need to do the same calcs manually anyway, or check wheel loads in-game which is a pain.

RD4.PNG

Arch made new tyres so I had to fire up the ol' reliable and make textures...
with such quality of work, consider starting your own car :)

Which is also half a good advice, since it can get stupidly time consuming...
--
And i'm trying not to get stranded on my island.
It's hard to know where and when to stop
Typical Impatience called for string lights...
well it's Easter after all
20210403-230141-union_island-austin_sprite-accum.jpg

20210404-201219-union_island-some1_honda_nsx_r_1994-accum.jpg

20210404-231122-union_island-some1_corvette_c4_zr1_1990_s1.jpg

i had to restrict myself, and set at 11pm the official limit to close 3dsmax, or else...

20210402-224606-union_island-alfa_romeo_gtam-accum.jpg

20210402-225401-union_island-alfa_romeo_gtam-accum.jpg

and some clay renders
a very satisfying exercise to every new models
which count a bit as behind the scene
you can see some areas more or less covered with bushes, that's all WIP
art05.jpg

art06.jpg

art02.jpg

art01.jpg

Union Island doesn't have any "tall" buildings. I took liberties to look at Santa Lucia and other bigger islands (and with better Street View) to make a change of scenery with a more crowded feeling for the main street.
Which did give me more work where i didn't need any XD

To save me some hassle, i tried and make templates i can copy paste to create longer buildings. This way i can bake AO on those, and repeat... hoping it won't look silly once it's all pieced together
union_ao_16.jpg

Last edited:
with such quality of work, consider starting your own car

Eh, I never really felt the need to make my own when there's a highly accurate premade model available, especially one that's likely better than whatever I'd be able to make :whistling: Maybe if I really wanted something that doesn't exist yet - then it's a matter of obtaining good reference.
I'm sure I could come up with something at least half decent if I got CAD/laser scan/photogrammetry data or even if I had access to the car in question so I could take reference pictures myself for image modeler.

I'm visiting the Simeone Museum in Philadelphia next week and was wondering if you needed any photos or other information of the 1906 Renault, which they have there.
I didn't want to jump too aggressively on this offer since it's aimed at someone else, and I'm not currently building it, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask, if you're there anyway. Photos of the Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Mille Miglia Spider would be nice. Don't know how familiar you are with what's useful for modding, but aside from the general principle 'the more the better' - square, in focus photos of texture details (headlights, badges, surface finishes like leather/turned metal) and photos of weird stuff like into the wheel arches are the best.

Last edited:
Posted this in the main section of the AC forum then it occurred to me I should have posted it here.

WIP Mulholland Singer skin

Anyone know of a good resource for topo vector graphics? Specifically Southern California, Currently Im using a topo raster image of the moon as a place holder The Singer Mulholland Moon Porsche :roflmao: I'm not much of a car skinner although something compelled me to attempt this madness!

What the real car looks like https://www.ecurie.co.uk/blog/2018/5/10/the-mulholland-by-singer

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1617350269.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1617350269.jpg
    896.3 KB · Views: 134
Some of you might know about my old damper tool that I shared some time ago in Discords.

That one was pretty terrible, so I've updated mine which will be part of the package I'll share later.

RD5.PNG

It's not suitable for graphing every single step of CSP dampers or anything (I think an in-game tool is coming for that, actually) because I don't use them myself, but it will do the job for anything that you would make in vanilla AC.

Perhaps in the future I will also add some math to figure out the points that result from the click selected, and then display them on the graph as well. It's doable because the knee speed does not change, as per vanilla AC.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.