The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

you're going to use this straight or to texture bake on a low poly model?
Gonna use as-is, Don't like my cars looking like it's 2007.

Besides I'd rather make models ready for whatever next modable game than remake them in the future. Most GT Sport cars are just shy of 700k triangles (1x subdivision) on modern hardware so I don't see any reason to stick to the ~300k limit with properly made LODs.

Last edited:
Gonna use as-is, Don't like my cars looking like it's 2007.

Besides I'd rather make models ready for whatever next modable game than remake them in the future. Most GT Sport cars are just shy of 700k triangles (1x subdivision) on modern hardware so I don't see any reason to stick to the ~300k limit with properly made LODs.
Preach!

for me there is a difference between using a higher tri budget to create higher perceived detail and just using a higher budget as an excuse not to optimise.

I'm totally onboard with going beyond the outdated budgets, but don't be wasteful for the sake of a bigger number. You can make something look just as good with way less, thus leaving more of that expanded budget for other details.

Thrown this together, imo its still too much but at 2k tris, its doing the same job for far less (in reality i'd make it much lower poly still, but this paints the picture)
unknown.png

Like for 7k, i don't want to be able to count the edges. You want a silly high number? well make it silly detailed.
1616583814165.png

1616583861096.png

1270 tri for the base, I may or may not have forgotten to untick isoline when making the pipes....
2,970 after remaking the piping.
1616585090160.png

Like for 7k, i don't want to be able to count the edges.

That part will be completely covered by the bumper anyway, if it was visible I'd just swiftloop it to be smooth for additional 100 tri.

1616585414568.png

Well at least I got Gary to come out of the hiding just to dab on me so that's something I guess.

Last edited:
I honestly spent the last 30min gazing at those previews, finding it hard to believe how much attention you have given to the last miniature detail. There does no seem to be a single stone left, that has not been given careful thought on how it can be arranged and textured to fit into the scene most naturally and convincingly. And just look at those trees and crowds!!!!
David, you really have completely outdone yourself, again:notworthy::):inlove:

Wait! From where did you get this Testarossa? Unbelievable work!
here maybe

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea