The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Hello, i would like to ask if anybody has a clue how to generate downforce in assetto corsa that is not speed dependable. So if the car generates 500kg of downforce this downforce should remain 500kg from 1km/h to 500km/h (lets say). A good example is the Chaparral 2J.
Thank you in advance
You can find a working example by searching 'Miscellaneous Minutiae GROUP 7'

Doesn't need CSP either.

wing_body.lut was done by hand, if I knew how to automate calculating the curve I would generate one with an entry for every step rather than every five steps.

@monza17, @Stereo

Ok, I have tested the Aero fan implementation, and it works indeed. Wing app doesn't show the added force but you can feel it in FFB, how the car handles and lap times. I set 5000 Newton for every pitch angle, and no changes in aero balance. I tested it with a car that had an aeromap already, and it worked together with the original values.

One can do a proper Chaparral 2J now, one without suspension copied from 917/30. ;)

Last edited:
An update on the track that I will finally release on friday in 0.7 version.
Finally put out a video that show the track entirely in replay.
You can also see on the channel a reallife vs AC video comparison I posted earlier. ;-)

The track will come out with two identical layout. One for trackdays faithful to the original track and one for racing with pit boxes, vans parked and some track skin with Alpine branding. The short school layout will come later.
Features: Grass FX, AI line, TV cam, 2 layouts, map, works best with SOL and CSP.

Plan to add short layout, night lighting, rain fx, and static cam in the future.
The track features 2018 scenery. I will update the track to 2021 scenery in later version.
The video is shot with a custom Reshade I made to enhanced SOL lighting.

I left my tiny island for some vacations.

thought i'd have a coffee with Phoenix, and talk about good times on LAC.
So West Coast USA it is.
(for the record, it's all virtual, i didn't really leave my computer..)

Fancy-Alfie-©-bushes-approved
1626955506394.png

hand-made-normals-following-kstreegroup
unknown.png

early normals testing .gif
pch_bush_normal.gif

pro tip simple & free gif maker i found : https://www.screentogif.com/

dry/green presets (with customs normals) and CSP grasss
Screenshot_bo_singer_38_pacific_coast_21-6-121-16-43-55.jpg

and now figuring ways to select north/south side of the mountain to distribute said presets !
With a simple selection ignoring the back faces:
1626955786778.png

or the fancy way with TySelect modifier, and grow/threshold options, so i have a bit more control over the result!
(tyflow is a free plugin for 3dsmax, with a LOT of stuff)
screen_tySelect.JPG

it's pretty cool to see my selection matches the dryer section of the satellite :)
So the resulting distribution for the presets should look coherent!

1626956780166.png

Not saying yours is bad, it's just.... I don't know of a way that would allow vegetation and terrain in general to look up to modern standard other than 3d trees and as we know that's just not feasible with the way AC handles models.
You can get the cars to look damn near render levels but then you take a look at the track and it all just falls apart.

Not saying yours is bad, it's just.... I don't know of a way that would allow vegetation and terrain in general to look up to modern standard other than 3d trees and as we know that's just not feasible with the way AC handles models.
You can get the cars to look damn near render levels but then you take a look at the track and it all just falls apart.
objection, it's certainly limited with AC, yet great things are still possible : https://www.racedepartment.com/members/fat-alfie.138572/#resources

Thats what I meant; while Alfie's tracks are top shelf at the end of the day it's still engine limitations holding back the looks.
No matter how much magic you try, it's still ugly cardboard cutout 2d trees sticking out like a sore thumb.
tree.jpg

The resulting contrast is extremely jarring considering that you can get cars to look like this.
p12.jpg
p13.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies