The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I'm re-creating 1966-74 Can-Am car skins that are missing from what is currently available, with the hope of eventually starting up an AC league that re-creates this great North American race series (my all time favorite race series). So far, I've started with 1966 season, starting with how all the cars appeared that ran in race 1 at St, Jovite. I'm not a very experienced skin creator, so I'm polishing up my Photoshop skills and just having a little fun with it.

Attachments

• Chuck Parsons leads John Cannon at St. Jovite.jpg
    Chuck Parsons leads John Cannon at St. Jovite.jpg
    507.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Dick Brown's Ecurie Greene McLaren.jpg
    Dick Brown's Ecurie Greene McLaren.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 99
  • Parnelli Jones Lola T70 -nose replaced.jpg
    Parnelli Jones Lola T70 -nose replaced.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 97
@Ben O'Bro you keep a timecard? Wow, I'm scared to ask but... total? Thank you for the update!

275 hours and counting :whistling:

green is acceptable for release (well before you ask, palm island isn't driveable)
Union Map210713.jpg

and some very graphical content, if you're a minor, call an adult.

behind the scene

it's funny while i open the scene, to see it all in 3D, always a bit surreal.
I don't have everything visible like below otherwise it's a bit painful to navigate
but even tho, suprisingly, it's not that heavy.
mesh0.JPG

/!\
and some random areas
more or less finished
i can't wait to have it all green on my progress map, and start fine tuning stuff
putting little AC units, and fake advertising here and there, along with Waldo, a ufo or who knows what else, the fun stuff.

mesh1.JPG
mesh2.JPG
mesh3.JPG
mesh4.JPG
mesh5.JPG
mesh6.JPG

some day in the download section...
/!\

Last edited:
275 hours and counting :whistling:

green is acceptable for release (well before you ask, palm island isn't driveable)
View attachment 487708

and some very graphical content, if you're a minor, call an adult.

behind the scene

it's funny while i open the scene, to see it all in 3D, always a bit surreal.
I don't have everything visible like below otherwise it's a bit painful to navigate
but even tho, suprisingly, it's not that heavy.
View attachment 487709

/!\
and some random areas
more or less finished
i can't wait to have it all green on my progress map, and start fine tuning stuff
putting little AC units, and fake advertising here and there, along with Waldo, a ufo or who knows what else, the fun stuff.

View attachment 487710View attachment 487711View attachment 487712View attachment 487713View attachment 487714View attachment 487715

some day in the download section...
/!\

Gawd - I'm going to have tears of joy and then faint on the day this comes out. I mean, honestly, this looks an absolutely awesome project. The skill level of "all" the track creators in this thread is something else tbh.

Last edited:
Extremely minor update on my 'Dynamic Sim Racing World' idea: I've made a little program that can import and decode Content Manager race weekend (.cmpreset) files, modify them and save them as a new usable preset. Generating customised race weekend presets is really at the core of this idea, so that's nice. I can also import and use CM session json files and make use of the full race weekend results data.

This is not much to shout about, but - my very sketchy "I think this might work in theory" ideas can now be upgraded to "this seems to work".

I am extremely slow/basic when it comes to coding, so there is nothing really to show yet (and it could be a while) - but I am encouraged that the first hurdle has been cleared. :geek:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea